Cat not drinking/not peeing.

Old July 6th 05, 03:34 AM
Philip

"whitershadeofpale" wrote in message
oups.com...

\ wrote:
Hi people, my cat eats fine - alot actually he weighs 15 lbs and is 3
years
old. Late ... s really digested - but only
sometimes. Im worried about the water thing. should i give him milk or
fill
his water bowl to the top....please help

Oh heck yeah, give them lots and lots of fresh cool water.

I'd lay off the milk though, it's really for calves.

Milk is very hard to digest. Milk actually lays in the stomach for
about 4 hours and actually rots then the body let's it through, just to
get the rot out.

For a test, put a glass of milk outside on a 100 degree day, for 4
hours, then smell it.

Many people smell worse. LOL

How about KMR or the 2nd Step weening formula? Won't be pleasant either.

Old July 6th 05, 04:46 AM
Candace

\ wrote:
i mean thanks for your comments - but you really didnt answer my question -
whats wrong with my baby cat?

Hmmm, I wonder why this guy and the guy who started the "my cat keeps
hurting herself" thread both are from CatKB and both have \" in front
of their names? I don't remember CatKB posters automatically having
that in front of their names before. Someone is toying with us.

Candace

Old July 6th 05, 09:34 AM
Phil P.

""J.B. via CatKB.com"" wrote in message
Hi people, my cat eats fine - alot actually he weighs 15 lbs and is 3

years
old. Lately he hasnt been drinking very much at all - arent cats supposed

drink alot? Also, bc of this he hasnt been peeing. He does eat alot and

poop
alot. Another thing i noticed was him swallowing some food then coughing

it
back up or throwing it back up before its really digested - but only
sometimes. Im worried about the water thing. should i give him milk or

fill
his water bowl to the top....please help

A male cat that doesn't urinate for more than 24 hours may have a urinary
tract obstruction and could *die*. A urinary tract obstruction produces a
pathophysiologic state equivalent to *oliguric acute renal failure*.

Your cat needs to see a vet *immediately*-- if not sooner.

Old July 6th 05, 09:34 AM
Phil P.

equalizer wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 02:34:45 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

"whitershadeofpale" wrote in message
roups.com...

\ wrote:
Hi people, my cat eats fine - alot actually he weighs 15 lbs and is 3
years
old. Late ... s really digested - but only
sometimes. Im worried about the water thing. should i give him milk or
fill
his water bowl to the top....please help

Oh heck yeah, give them lots and lots of fresh cool water.

I'd lay off the milk though, it's really for calves.

Milk is very hard to digest. Milk actually lays in the stomach for
about 4 hours and actually rots then the body let's it through, just to
get the rot out.

For a test, put a glass of milk outside on a 100 degree day, for 4
hours, then smell it.

Many people smell worse. LOL

That's true, Arthur. How about calling the BBB and complaining about the
home care nurse. I think it's about time they get someone out there who
can change your colostomy bag with some semblance of fidelity, don't
you?

Philip's wife is a stickler for fashon- she got him shoes that match the
bag.

Old July 6th 05, 09:54 AM
whitershadeofpale

\ wrote:
Hi people, my cat eats fine - alot actually he weighs 15 lbs and is 3
years
old. Late ... s really digested - but only
sometimes. Im worried about the water thing. should i give him milk or
fill
his water bowl to the top....please help

Oh heck yeah, give them lots and lots of fresh cool water.

I'd lay off the milk though, it's really for calves.

Milk is very hard to digest. Milk actually lays in the stomach for
about 4 hours and actually rots then the body let's it through, just to
get the rot out.

For a test, put a glass of milk outside on a 100 degree day, for 4
hours, then smell it.

Many people smell worse. LOL

How about KMR or the 2nd Step weening formula? Won't be pleasant either.

Not the same comparison, I assume KMR digests within 15 mins?
So you'd have to set the KMR out for only 15 mins or less. lol

Drink some and see...lemme know.

Old July 6th 05, 09:54 AM
whitershadeofpale

Phil P. wrote:

Philip's wife is a stickler for fashon- she got him shoes that match the
bag.

lol, carry your wall-eyed ass to bed!

Old July 6th 05, 02:59 PM
Wayne Mitchell

"whitershadeofpale" wrote:

I'd lay off the milk though, it's really for calves.

Milk is very hard to digest. Milk actually lays in the stomach for
about 4 hours and actually rots then the body let's it through, just to
get the rot out.

Nonsense. Though it is true that cow's milk is a problem for
many cats (some handle it fine), the rest of what you say is
false. As caregiver to an insulin-using diabetic, I know that
cow's milk (preferably low-fat) is almost as good as juice or
soda for treating low blood sugar because the sugar content is
quickly digested, absorbed and converted to glucose.

--

Wayne M.
Old July 6th 05, 03:20 PM
Philip

wrote:

"whitershadeofpale" wrote in message
oups.com...

Oh heck yeah, give them lots and lots of fresh cool water.

I'd lay off the milk though, it's really for calves.

Milk is very hard to digest. Milk actually lays in the stomach for
about 4 hours and actually rots then the body let's it through, just
to get the rot out.

For a test, put a glass of milk outside on a 100 degree day, for 4
hours, then smell it.

Many people smell worse. LOL

That's true, Arthur. How about calling the BBB and complaining about
the home care nurse. I think it's about time they get someone out
there who can change your colostomy bag with some semblance of
fidelity, don't you?

eq

You really enjoyed drinking the contents of the last one that much? Wow.

Old July 6th 05, 03:31 PM
Philip

Wayne Mitchell wrote:
"whitershadeofpale" wrote:

I'd lay off the milk though, it's really for calves.

Milk is very hard to digest. Milk actually lays in the stomach for
about 4 hours and actually rots then the body let's it through, just
to get the rot out.

Nonsense. Though it is true that cow's milk is a problem for
many cats (some handle it fine), the rest of what you say is
false. As caregiver to an insulin-using diabetic, I know that
cow's milk (preferably low-fat) is almost as good as juice or
soda for treating low blood sugar because the sugar content is
quickly digested, absorbed and converted to glucose.

Agreed on points (a) some cats are latose intolerant ... watch for diarhhea,
& (b) low/skim milk minimizes intolerance or ... try using Lactaide milk.