[OT] Proof Positive

Old October 17th 05, 03:13 AM
Victor Martinez

Default [OT] Proof Positive

CatNipped wrote:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Alexis...titled-118.jpg

Hehehehe... I bet those who live in places where they have winter are
jealous at the fact that it's October and we can still swim outside.
Heck, here in Austin we can swim outside year-round!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/Alexis_Birthday/

Cute puppy!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 17th 05, 03:22 AM
CatNipped

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message

I can tell that the DPet is part rottweiler, but what else is she?
Adorable!

He's pure Rottweiller - the breeder didn't think he was worth anything
because he had longer hair than is "required" of the breed so my

daughter
"rescued" him.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Plus he is what, only ten months old? So doesn't have quite the adult

size
and weight yet.

Yeah, he's about 10 months old now - he reminds me of Sammy in that he's so
big, but he still thinks he's tiny.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Jo

Old October 17th 05, 03:23 AM
CatNipped

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Alexis...titled-118.jpg

Hehehehe... I bet those who live in places where they have winter are
jealous at the fact that it's October and we can still swim outside.
Heck, here in Austin we can swim outside year-round!

Yep, here too. We have 5 minutes of fall, 15 minutes of winter, 5 minutes
of spring, and the rest is summer!!! ;

http://www.possibleplaces.com/Alexis_Birthday/

Cute puppy!

He's a sweetie.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 17th 05, 03:29 AM
Mishi

CatNipped wrote:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Alexis...titled-118.jpg

Hehehehe... I bet those who live in places where they have winter are
jealous at the fact that it's October and we can still swim outside.
Heck, here in Austin we can swim outside year-round!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/Alexis_Birthday/

Cute puppy!
--
Victor M. Martinez
Email me he

Victor... :PPPPPPPPPPPPP! Right now it is 52 degrees, with a wind chill that
varies from around 45 degrees F to around 30 F. Not a nice night to be
outside!

Patti (in frigid Central New York, USA)

Old October 17th 05, 03:49 AM
PatM

Default Proof Positive

Well, hey, we can swim outside in October too...we just have to break
the ice first.

Seriously...cool party! I'll bet the kids had a blast, and your
daughter especially. Neato slide. Brave woman!

PatM
(in balmy western montana)

Old October 17th 05, 11:30 AM
Exocat

"CatNipped" wrote
Proof positive (as if any were needed!) that I am certifiably insane.

Not only did I host a child's birthday party with about a jillionty
kids
invited... not only did I allow all the girl-type guests to sleep
over,
turning the birthday party into a slumber party... not only did I
allow a
humongous water slide to be erected in my front yard... but *I* slid
down
the water slide - *TWICE*

Au contrai it's far from insane to provide joy for grandkids who've
been
through such a traumatic episode. From the pics a wonderful time was
had by all, including grandma!

If that's lunacy count me in.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old October 17th 05, 12:20 PM
Adrian

CatNipped wrote:
snip
He's pure Rottweiller - the breeder didn't think he was worth anything
because he had longer hair than is "required" of the breed so my
daughter "rescued" him.

Hugs,

CatNipped

He's beautiful! I think the longer hair enhances his look. I'm so glad both
the dogs were there to enjoy the party, you're granddaughter looked so
happy.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old October 17th 05, 02:44 PM
Victor Martinez

Mishi wrote:
Victor... :PPPPPPPPPPPPP! Right now it is 52 degrees, with a wind chill that
varies from around 45 degrees F to around 30 F. Not a nice night to be
outside!

I would love to be in the low 50's now!

Patti (in frigid Central New York, USA)

I first read "friggin" instead of frigid. ;-) A few months back I had a
telephone job interview with Corning, and the very first thing that they
said was "are you aware that our winters are extremely harsh?". I
thought it was an odd way to start an interview...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 17th 05, 02:58 PM
CatNipped

Mishi wrote:
Victor... :PPPPPPPPPPPPP! Right now it is 52 degrees, with a wind chill

that
varies from around 45 degrees F to around 30 F. Not a nice night to be
outside!

I would love to be in the low 50's now!

Oh good gawd, yes! I can always put on thermal underwear and extra sweaters
when if it got cold, but once you get down to skin and are still baking on
high, there ain't nuthin' else to do but put a fork in it and call it done!
We never put the A/C lower than 78F and our summertime electricity bills are
still $400 - $500 a month!

Patti (in frigid Central New York, USA)

I first read "friggin" instead of frigid. ;-) A few months back I had a
telephone job interview with Corning, and the very first thing that they
said was "are you aware that our winters are extremely harsh?". I
thought it was an odd way to start an interview...

I'd probably have to learn to drive all over again in sleet and snow*, but
I'd be willing to move there anyway.

*When it snowed here last Christmas, DH and I were on our way to Fry's
Electronics to shop and we were driving along Interstate 45 as the first
dusting of snow started to fall. I kid you not - everyone on the highway
just stopped in the middle of the road to get out of their cars and stare up
at the strange white stuff falling on them!!!! ; It's a good thing there
weren't any northerners on the road too or they would have plowed right into
the back of all those cars stopped on the road for no apparent reason!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 17th 05, 06:54 PM
Christine K.

Mishi wrote:
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

Hehehehe... I bet those who live in places where they have winter are
jealous at the fact that it's October and we can still swim outside.
Heck, here in Austin we can swim outside year-round!

Victor... :PPPPPPPPPPPPP! Right now it is 52 degrees, with a wind chill that
varies from around 45 degrees F to around 30 F. Not a nice night to be
outside!

Patti (in frigid Central New York, USA)

We beat you temp-wise, Patti!!

Straight from the site of the Finnish Meteorological Institute:

Observation: Helsinki-Vantaa Airport (that's the airport of Helsinki,
which is located in Vantaa - logical, right?)

Recent observation: 17.10.2005 20:00 (= 8 pm for those who don't use
24-hour clocks)
temperature 3,8 °C = around 39 F
pressure 1031,1 hPa
humidity 80 %