[OT] Playstation 2

Old November 3rd 05, 05:13 PM

Default [OT] Playstation 2

As some of you know, DH has had some major problems this year. He is
still having some, although he is better. The problem now is that he
is ADD, works full-time, and he is frustrated at not having anything
in the way of fun/relaxing things he can do. He's ADD, so he gets
bored easily, which makes it difficult for him to find entertainment
that works for him. Our computers are pretty much useless right now
in terms of games, since one is down for the count, and the other has
very little space -- certainly not enough for games. I killed the
cable Monday since we just can't afford it, so there went that option.

His mother and I have talked, and we are trying to come up with a
reasonably-priced used Playstation 2. It looks like that is the most
popular, and has the most used games available. I don't know what
kind of games there are, but DH likes role-playing, fantasy, and
real-time strategy games. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to these
game console things, except for what he and his mom have told me. But
it sounds like PS2 is the way to go.

She has been unable to find a reasonably priced used one thus far. We
are going in on this together, and hope to get the PS2 and at least a
couple of used games that will work. He's frustrated RIGHT NOW
(sigh), so we are looking at this as an early Yule gift, if we can
find it.

So, anybody here have a PS2 they are tired of and want to sell? Or
your kids? Or your friends, relatives or neighbors? Or strangers on
the street . . . . okay, just kidding about that part! lol! I'm sure
people give these things up eventually, and thought I'd see if anyone
here is about to toss one in the trash or into a yard sale, and might
rather get a few more bucks for it and send it my way instead.

If ya do, let me know, here or by e-mail.

Thanks!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old November 3rd 05, 06:14 PM
Caroline S.

Default Playstation 2

GingerLyn,
We don't have our PS2 anymore, but I can recommend the game Summoner
(It's been out for a while). It's the only PS2 RPG I've ever played to
the end. I'll keep my eyes open for a system. Good luck.

-Caroline S.

Old November 3rd 05, 06:16 PM
Lamey - The cable guy

On 3 Nov 2005 10:14:24 -0800, "Caroline S."
wrote:

GingerLyn,
We don't have our PS2 anymore, but I can recommend the game Summoner
(It's been out for a while). It's the only PS2 RPG I've ever played to
the end. I'll keep my eyes open for a system. Good luck.

-Caroline S.

Please stay on topic, Cats only.

Thank you

GIT - R - DONE
Old November 3rd 05, 06:50 PM
No More Retail

This is up my alley NO MORE RETAIL give me a little bit I have to go out
for awhile won't be back till late tonight. I can find the links for cheap
games maybe a refurbished Ps2 center.
When I get a chance to go thru my wholesalers list

Let me know his age group so I don't post to any to mature games not made
for kids

For your computer I can give the links for cheap but quality upgrades along
with sites that sell wholesale games to the public

Old November 3rd 05, 08:38 PM
Yowie

wrote in message
[...]

Actually, I would have said XBox is the more popular, but thats just around
here I guess. And istead of PS2 or Xbox, you might want to consider
Gamecube - there's lots of games for it around, but its no longer being
supported in stores. People will be trying to get rid of them cheap (think
betamax), or even a PS1.

Maybe introduce him to Bubbels? g,d,r

Yowie

Old November 4th 05, 05:24 AM
pmendhall

wrote in message
His mother and I have talked, and we are trying to come up with a
reasonably-priced used Playstation 2.

In the USA, Playstation2 and PSP systems are the most popular. If there is
a GameStop near you, the systems are priced as follows: New $150, Used
$110, Refurbished $130. EBGames are also part of the same system with
similar pricing.

One of the most popular games is Burn Out. My hubby calls it
racing/vehicular mayhem. There are several different race modes and then a
crash mode where the object is to have the most expensive/spectactular
crash. He keeps playing that game over and over. Our 13 year old daughter
likes the crash mode, because she is supposed to wreck the cars and gets
points for it. The testers at playstation magazine loved the game and were
quite addicted to it. There's enough activity in this game to keep anyone
entertained for hours.

Can you tell my hubby and daughter love the Playstation2? I'm usually
reading RPCA while they are playing. (grin)

If I hear of one that is less expensive, I'll drop you a line.

Diane

Old November 4th 05, 07:58 PM

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 18:50:57 GMT, "No More Retail"
wrote:

This is up my alley NO MORE RETAIL give me a little bit I have to go out
for awhile won't be back till late tonight. I can find the links for cheap
games maybe a refurbished Ps2 center.
When I get a chance to go thru my wholesalers list

Let me know his age group so I don't post to any to mature games not made
for kids

For your computer I can give the links for cheap but quality upgrades along
with sites that sell wholesale games to the public

Thanks. He's 34, so mature is just fine ;-)

Old November 4th 05, 07:59 PM

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 07:38:13 +1100, "Yowie"
wrote:

Actually, I would have said XBox is the more popular, but thats just around
here I guess. And istead of PS2 or Xbox, you might want to consider
Gamecube - there's lots of games for it around, but its no longer being
supported in stores. People will be trying to get rid of them cheap (think
betamax), or even a PS1.

I guess that's a thought, but then the lifespan won't be that long if
it isn't supported anymore.

Maybe introduce him to Bubbels? g,d,r

I've tried. Honestly. lol!

Yowie

Old November 4th 05, 08:00 PM

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 05:24:43 GMT, "pmendhall"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
His mother and I have talked, and we are trying to come up with a
reasonably-priced used Playstation 2.

In the USA, Playstation2 and PSP systems are the most popular. If there is
a GameStop near you, the systems are priced as follows: New $150, Used
$110, Refurbished $130. EBGames are also part of the same system with
similar pricing.

Yep, he's been looking at Electronics Boutique, and they're around
$100 something, and that's the best his mom has been able to find so
far, too. Bit too steep for us right now.

One of the most popular games is Burn Out. My hubby calls it
racing/vehicular mayhem. There are several different race modes and then a
crash mode where the object is to have the most expensive/spectactular
crash. He keeps playing that game over and over. Our 13 year old daughter
likes the crash mode, because she is supposed to wreck the cars and gets
points for it. The testers at playstation magazine loved the game and were
quite addicted to it. There's enough activity in this game to keep anyone
entertained for hours.

If we find one, I'll have to check that out. He did have one of those
car games for the computer. Can't remember the title, but he had fun
with that one.

Can you tell my hubby and daughter love the Playstation2? I'm usually
reading RPCA while they are playing. (grin)

If I hear of one that is less expensive, I'll drop you a line.

Thanks, Diane.

Diane

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)

[OT] Follow-up To Posts Catnipped Cat health & behaviour 62 May 1st 05 01:28 AM
[OT] but I still think Bath Bombs will appeal to the wimmenz Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 12 April 29th 05 05:55 PM
[OT] I *LOVE* my DH CatNipped Cat anecdotes 10 April 29th 05 05:50 PM
[OT] Rant CatNipped Cat anecdotes 30 April 28th 05 05:45 AM
[OT] OE help? Yowie Cat anecdotes 2 April 23rd 05 03:32 PM