[OT] Purrs for Russian kids

Old September 3rd 04, 07:03 PM
Melissa Houle

Yowie wrote in message
u...
Don't know if you folks know, but terrorists in Russia are keeping over

300
people as hostages in a school, a fair percentage of those children on

their
first day. Its been going on for 3 days now, and the terrorists still
haven't allowed food into the site.

Besides cursing these cowards with litterbox contents, can we spare a few

few purrs and prayers for the hostages, particularly the children, and of
course their frantic families.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...9/s1191146.htm

Yowie

---

Those poor children, they must be so frightened! God, I hate terrorism and
those who stoop to it to achieve their aims! Especially these, who have
siezed children. Those ****s have had their hearts programmed right out of
them. I hope the situation is resolved soon and the captors get the
punishment they so richly deserve while protecting the children from further
harm.

Sometimes the world sucks terribly
Purrs for the children, although I wish I had stronger ammunition against
those terrible people.

Melissa

Old September 3rd 04, 07:20 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "lewe"
wrote:

held, a few of the youngest ones and some mothers were released yesterday.
The reports say no children are among the 12 or so dead, so far.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3623088.stm

Purrs
--
:: lewe

Purrs for all the hostages.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old September 3rd 04, 07:31 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I have just read that the standoff is over, but more than one hundred
were killed when Russian troops stormed the school. God, how
dreadful. It's like the Moscow theater all over again.

It's awful, but as the terrorists started shooting at some kids, then I don't
think they had any option left other than to take the school :-( I don't think
the Russians wanted it to end this way. It's every parent's nightmare. In the
last few days Russia has had two airliners blown out of the skies by terrorists
and now this. The Russian people must be wondering what on earth is going on
and feel rocked to the core over there.

helen s

**$om $

Old September 3rd 04, 07:47 PM
Susan M

Oh goodness yet - I've been thinking of them since I heard. What a travesty.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

"Yowie" wrote in message . au...
Don't know if you folks know, but terrorists in Russia are keeping over 300
people as hostages in a school, a fair percentage of those children on their
first day. Its been going on for 3 days now, and the terrorists still
haven't allowed food into the site.

Besides cursing these cowards with litterbox contents, can we spare a few a

Old September 3rd 04, 07:47 PM
Exocat

I'm afraid I was watching the horror unfold all day, until tonight is
seems as though over 300 (out of perhaps 1,000 hostages in total) may
have died, with hundreds more traumatised.

My heart goes out to the bereaved & the suffering, and mega-purrs too.

I have no room for sympathy for the terrorists, however badly
provoked, and I'm not sorry about that one little bit.

Best to all.

Gordon & the terrible trio.

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"Yowie" wrote

Old September 3rd 04, 09:58 PM
Adrian

Yowie wrote:
Don't know if you folks know, but terrorists in Russia are keeping
over 300 people as hostages in a school, a fair percentage of those
children on their first day. Its been going on for 3 days now, and
the terrorists still haven't allowed food into the site.

Besides cursing these cowards with litterbox contents, can we spare a
few a few purrs and prayers for the hostages, particularly the
children, and of course their frantic families.

I've been watching it on the news, over 150 dead. I cried as I watched,
hundreds of people trapped in a small space with no food or water.
Absolutely nothing can justify treating people this way, some were only
toddlers.
--
Adrian