[OT] Poem for Autumn

Old October 19th 07, 08:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Default [OT] Poem for Autumn

I finally got all my poetry moved over from my older computer to my more
recent one. I was thinking about this poem lately, and thought I would
share it.

Bittersweet

It is the scavenged plant I try so hard to find
This time
Of lostness and grey achings.

Bittersweet

The wild vine that clings to fences
Like memories
And bleeds berries
On country roadsides.

I tried for years to find it again.
It seemed lost
Another stolen child dimly remembered.

I remembered it,
Magical plant
Small handfuls set on the table next to fabulous gourds,
Bloated pumpkins.
The berries were round lips cradled in orange hands
A delicate passion.

We picked it from roadsides
On long drives
Our autumn ritual,
This broken family,
Our only ritual,
This vision of the brilliance of leaves,
These handfuls of secretly snatched bittersweet.

It is the memory of all autumns past
When I smell the winter's cold odor
And drift to timelessness in thought.
It is memory itself,
Archivist of ancients,
Where certain slants of light are burned like lasers into mind
And remembered with sweetness and pain,
Twins of emotion that twine around each other
Like autumn plants on roadside fences.

I told stories of it for years
Searched in woods and on country roads
Watching sunsets paint its colors with a taunt.

Near a cemetery
Where a friend once wept silent tears for her dead grandmother,
I found it again,
This child's delight,
This memory unfaded.

Bittersweet.

This time,
That time,
All autumns through time that float by on memory,
On memory of sweet autumns
Sweet loves
Forever married
To the cold
Of bitter winds.

copyright 1990-2007 by Ginger-lyn Summer
All rights reserved.

--
Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Old October 19th 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ginger-lyn wrote:

I finally got all my poetry moved over from my older computer to my more
recent one. I was thinking about this poem lately, and thought I would
share it.

Bittersweet

[snip]

That's really lovely, Ginger-Lyn!

Fall is a really evocative and nostalgic time. Even in California.

Joyce
Old October 19th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default Poem for Autumn

On Oct 19, 3:39 am, wrote:
Ginger-lyn wrote:

I finally got all my poetry moved over from my older computer to my more
recent one. I was thinking about this poem lately, and thought I would
share it.

Bittersweet

[snip]

That's really lovely, Ginger-Lyn!

Fall is a really evocative and nostalgic time. Even in California.

Does California have fall at the same time as Earth?

Yes, that was a lovely poem.

Will in New Haven

--

Green becomes red gold
And a chill wind sweeps over

Joyce

Old October 20th 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

On Oct 19, 1:01 am, Ginger-lyn wrote:
[...]

Very nice, Ginger-Lyn...I like it a lot .

PatM

Old October 27th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Oct 19, 3:39 am, wrote:
Ginger-lyn wrote:

I finally got all my poetry moved over from my older computer to my more
recent one. I was thinking about this poem lately, and thought I would
share it.

Bittersweet

[snip]

That's really lovely, Ginger-Lyn!

Fall is a really evocative and nostalgic time. Even in California.

Does California have fall at the same time as Earth?

lol!

Yes, that was a lovely poem.

Thank you, Will.

Will in New Haven

--

Green becomes red gold
And a chill wind sweeps over

Nice haiku!

Joyce

Ginger-lyn

Old October 27th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

PatM wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Pat :-)

Ginger-lyn

Cat poem Karen Cat anecdotes 2 September 8th 06 10:00 PM
Cat poem Chakolate Cat anecdotes 10 May 16th 06 09:18 AM
OT Poem in Your Pocket Day Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 55 May 1st 06 07:01 AM
Cat Poem BuZZard Cat health & behaviour 2 March 3rd 05 08:50 AM
A (bad) Christmas Poem Margaret Fine Cat anecdotes 12 December 18th 03 04:51 PM