the eternal poop scoop

Old August 15th 15, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default the eternal poop scoop

I've had this poop scoop for at least 20 years. A testament to modern
plastic. It's scooped tons of heavy clay litter. I recall buying it from
the local megastore. It's huge and made entirely with one type of plastic.
The background is a standard size paper towel.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5707/...eb4c54c4_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5800/...07240a0e_b.jpg

Old August 17th 15, 03:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Zob zobva1 @ gmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I've had this poop scoop for at least 20 years. A testament to modern
plastic. It's scooped tons of heavy clay litter. I recall buying it
from the local megastore. It's huge and made entirely with one type of
plastic. The background is a standard size paper towel.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5707/...eb4c54c4_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5800/...07240a0e_b.jpg

I've never had any luck with these plastic scoops, they just don't
hold up for me. I guess it's a YMMV type of thing.

Did you bother looking at the pictures?

It's a "comparing apples to oranges" type of thing.

No telling what you mean by "these plastic scoops". There are jillions
of different types of plastic. Some plastics wear better than steel.
Modern plastics do miracles, but of course they must be matched to the
task. The single word line in The Graduate (1967) "PLASTICS" was
prophetic. To this day, engineers are still innovating plastics.

Also, of course, it must be well designed and molded. The one in the
pictures I bought over 20 years ago is well structured/reinforced.
Old August 17th 15, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Zob zobva1 @ gmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:
Zob zobva1 @ gmail.com wrote:
John Doe wrote:

[...]

I guess you don't understand the meaning of "YMMV." No need to get
feathers (or rather, fur) ruffled over a difference in personal
preference for litter scoops ;-)

I'm talking about facts, not personal preferences.

Did you bother looking at the pictures?
Old August 18th 15, 12:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
whisky-dave

On Monday, 17 August 2015 06:47:01 UTC+1, John Doe wrote:
Zob zobva1 @ gmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:
Zob zobva1 @ gmail.com wrote:
John Doe wrote:

[...]

I've got a 3D printer I wonder what options there are for making my own.