A question for Vino's momma

Old June 11th 04, 12:25 PM
badwilson

Default A question for Vino's momma

"Tigger" wrote in message
news:bm9ueW1vdXo=.ddd3d42170c78feefa43e480fd31389e @1086925696.nulluser.com..
..
Is Vino a Rumpy?

I was looking at his pictures and I noticed that he seems to have a bit
more of a tail than our local Manx. Our local Manx had no tail at all
and seemed to have more of a ruff than Vino. His owners gave it a
haircut though and it never quite grew back the same.

We were never sure if it was a male or a female it was so furry.
Although we think it was female, as it did not appreciate our girls.

No, Vino's not a Manx. He's half Japanese Bobtail and half Birman. With
Japanese Bobtails, you only need one parent to have the gene and all the
kittens have short tails. Vino's was the shortest out of his litter though.
There were 2 black boys, one had a kinky tail with 2 bends, it looked like a
little piggy tail, and one had about 2 inches of tail, straight. Then there
was a grey girl who had a tad more than Vino. Vino's is just a nub, I'd say
about 1 cm. But he can move it, it's very cute when his butt fur wiggles.
His butt fur is longer than the rest of his fur and he can fluff it up like
a bunny tail. He doesn't like me feeling around back there though and I
have to admit it feels weird to touch the nub.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old June 11th 04, 02:14 PM
Victor Martinez

badwilson wrote:
a bunny tail. He doesn't like me feeling around back there though and I
have to admit it feels weird to touch the nub.

I've heard that before somewhere, but I can't remember where...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 12th 04, 04:06 AM
badwilson

"Tigger" wrote in message
news:bm9ueW1vdXo=.d79007ad04da5de25b40160115fa07c3 @1086964029.nulluser.com..
..
badwilson wrote:

"Tigger" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks, we were considering a Manx for our next cat, but we weren't too
sure how they get along with other cats. The one we've seen is great
with people, but not so good with the girls. Although it went a bit
feral at one point from being outside so much.

I don't know if you can just go by breed characteristics. Every cat is
different. Also, I've heard that purebred Manx's can sometimes have
problems...can't remember what now...was it blindness? Not sure. Oh, and
they can have problems with their butt or hips or something in case of
extreme rumpy-ness.

I noticed Vino seemed a little less stalky than "our" Manx, with a
smaller face. They certainly are a well built kitty.

Vino, a small face? Hmmm, I always thought he has a huge googly head :-)
Very wide cheekpads, etc. He also has really long back legs so that when
he's standing, his butt is higher than his shoulders. Looks really funny!

Old June 12th 04, 04:07 AM
badwilson

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
a bunny tail. He doesn't like me feeling around back there though and I
have to admit it feels weird to touch the nub.

I've heard that before somewhere, but I can't remember where...

ROFL!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered
in fur!
Check out pictures of Vino at:

OT - gas fireplace question (kinda long) Denise VanDyke Cat anecdotes 6 March 23rd 04 07:28 AM
HELP QUESTION Web 413 Cat anecdotes 1 February 23rd 04 03:00 AM
Water question TJ and The Dust Cat anecdotes 10 February 18th 04 06:51 AM
[OT] Soccer Movie Question Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 5 January 13th 04 04:57 PM