Today we have a New Rescue Kitten.

Old October 5th 05, 08:36 PM
Fred Williams

Default Today we have a New Rescue Kitten.

I got Fred to open the inside door this morning so Ryan and I
could look out the kitchen door. I knew there was a kitten out
there crying, but Fred couldn't hear it. When the door was open,
he heard it and took out food and water and a little warm milk.
The kitten ate and fled to the garage where it occasionally cried.
Fred put out the live trap with more food and a couple of hours
later there was a crying kitten in the trap.
The kitten was brought into the kitchen where we got acquainted
through the wires. It continued to cry. but calmed down a bit
when we were nose to nose. It seemed comforted that there were
other cats here. Of course both Ryan and I hissed at it but
treated the situation with our calm dignity otherwise.
Fred says two cats are the limit for our house and we'll have to
find a better onetruehome for this poor kitten. We don't even
know the gender of the little fluff ball. Any loving home in the
Montreal to city of Sherbrooke area, of Quebec will be considered.
There must be assurances that no abuse nor experimentation will
take place. Fred will do followup verification on that score.
The kitten is sleeping now and digesting it's meal. Fred is going
out to ask the neighbours if enny kitten is missing. It seems
healthy, just hungry and tired.

Diana, Ryan and their hooman, Fred
--
Regards,
Fred.
Old October 6th 05, 07:04 PM
Sylvia M.

"Fred Williams" wrote in message
[...]

Awwww. It's good to be a 'softie'. What does kitty look like?

Sylvia

Old October 7th 05, 02:52 AM
Miss Violette

furry used to say no indoor cats at all then I changed his mind, thinking
this was a good deal and I would be an only cat because of his former
aversion to indoor cats, I did too good of a job on his mind and now there
are five of us, Miss Violette, with a friendly warning for her friends

Old October 7th 05, 12:57 PM
Fred Williams

On $DATE , Sylvia M. wrote:

[...]

He's/she's a dark coloured tiger type kitty, but the stripes
aren't well defined. Becuz uv da long fur and becuz da kitten is
scared, we hasn't determined if it's a male or female yet. But it
can't spend it's time hidden in da closet. Fred has set a trap
wif it's breakfast and we'll have it in a cage again befur long.
Then we'll get a closer look and try to socialize it a little
bit... maybe take it's picture fur a poster to put up in town.

Diana & Ryan

Old October 7th 05, 01:09 PM
Fred Williams

Fangu. You know how it is.

bless you for caring, soft

Old October 7th 05, 06:10 PM
FurrsomeFoursome

Hopurrfully Unka Fred kin find a gud gud TrooHome fur da baby (ower
limit of "two" quikly became "three" when Meowma med Panda, den Sprout
turned up...)

Mebbe if'n yew guys have a TED, de TED wud know of people hoo can take
a kitten, or ov humane socieites whut cud help. Ower Dr. Bonnie is an
unoffishul shelter hurownself an' is always helpfing find noo
TrooHomes.

Dat's how we got Maui an' Blue.

Panda (wishing dere were a two-cat limit sumtimes...)

Old October 8th 05, 12:52 AM
Fred Williams

On $DATE , FurrsomeFoursome wrote:

Hopurrfully Unka Fred kin find a gud gud TrooHome fur da baby
(ower limit of "two" quikly became "three" when Meowma med Panda,
den Sprout turned up...)

We duzunt no whatz gowinter happen, but the idea of three cats
seem to frighten Fred. If the pride can grow to three, what's to
stop it from growin further. Where's it all gowinter end. Nearby
there wuz a home takin in cats, with two goodhearted people,
butthey neffer took a cat to da vet and they had 30 or 40 cats and
the animal welfare people needed gas masks to enter their house
cuz of da ammonia. Cats wau sick and wif eye infections from da
bad air. It was furry sad. Fred wants to keep things manageable.

Mebbe if'n yew guys have a TED, de TED wud know of people hoo can
take
a kitten, or ov humane socieites whut cud help. Ower Dr. Bonnie
is an unoffishul shelter hurownself an' is always helpfing find
noo TrooHomes.

Dat's a gudgud idearment. Our vet is a gud doctor tuu an maybe
he'll know somebody. Two of Fred's friends work for the no-kill
shelter. but they are doin the same thing Fred is tryin to do.
Getting people to accept cats into their homes an luv them.
Isn'tthat like goin tu yor competitor to sell your product?(:-#)

Dat's how we got Maui an' Blue.

Panda (wishing dere were a two-cat limit sumtimes...)

Well, latest noos is that the kitten was hiding inna closet off
tha dining ruum. Hadn't come out all day and then at suppr time
it wus in da trap Fred had set inna dining ruum. HE brought it
out to da liffing ruum an took it's photograph fur da poster. It
wuz still in da trap so peopl will feel sorry fur it,... an there
was no udder way to get it to stay still fur a photo. Then Fred
too it in his arms for a couple ov minutes. At first it burried
it's head, then got a little bolder, and soon got bold enuff to
jump away an dissappeared into a bedruum. None ov us has seen it
since! There is food down, but Ryan an I eat anyfing that is lyin
around. Also, how's Fred goingter get da kitten next time???
Settin da trap will just catch Ryan or me!!! Ooooooo dis is
gettin complicated!
Well, we'll work out sumfin. Ryan an I are smart enough dat we
might be able to resist da food inna trap fur a while,... at least
while Fred is lookin. We just hopes da kitten isn't so scared no,
cuz when it was inna dining ruum it started smellin up da place,
and dat's anuffer fing we cannot have,... and it duznt make a
gudgud sellin point either. "Would you like a smelly kitten that
will run away an hide when you get it home, an stink up yer hous?"
Well, at least when Fred picked it up it didn't scream an claw,
which is a gudgud sign that it can be taught that we duzent mean
it enny harm. It'll just take tyme.

Old October 8th 05, 08:27 AM
Fred Williams

Things are getting out of hand. The kitten is loose in the house
and Ryan has taken a disliking to it. He's stalking the kitten
and Ryan is a very big cat. There's litter out upstairs and in
the basement and there food out upstairs and Fred has taken Ryan
into the bedroom with himself, but the kitten is hiding and we
think it's gone to the basement where it could hide for a very
long time. It's all getting very complicated and the house is
starting to smell of kitten pooh.
Fred says the next time he catches the kitten, it's gone...
somewhere, for it's own safety and the peace of the house.

Diana, with Ryan prowling the bedroom and meowing. (No sleep
tonight for Fred, I think).

Old October 9th 05, 11:21 AM
Miss Violette

yes and we have the food receipts to prove it, soft
Fred Williams wrote in message
Fangu. You know how it is.

bless you for caring, soft