Morning coffee

Old April 4th 06, 09:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Morning coffee

I've just been standing in the kitchen, sipping from a mug of steaming hot
caffeine and as I did so I was watching the birds in the garden. As well as
many small birds on the various feeding stations, I noticed a couple of
female blackbirds picking up bits of moss & loose grass in the beaks,
stuffing their beaks full before flying off. Nesting is underway!!

I shall be checking the bells on the feline collars to make sure they are in
working order... at least the felines prefer small rodents as their prey of
choice.

Cheers, helen s

--

~~
you may need to remove dependence

Old April 4th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:
I've just been standing in the kitchen, sipping from a mug of
steaming hot caffeine and as I did so I was watching the birds in the
garden. As well as many small birds on the various feeding stations,
I noticed a couple of female blackbirds picking up bits of moss &
loose grass in the beaks, stuffing their beaks full before flying
off. Nesting is underway!!

I shall be checking the bells on the feline collars to make sure they
are in working order... at least the felines prefer small rodents as
their prey of choice.

Cheers, helen s

Time to start saving cat fur from brushings and giving to the birds for nest
linings.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 4th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian A" wrote in message
om...

Time to start saving cat fur from brushings and giving to the birds for
nest
linings.

And the fluff from the tumble drier!

Cheers, helen s

Old April 4th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote in message
I've just been standing in the kitchen, sipping from a mug of steaming hot
caffeine and as I did so I was watching the birds in the garden. As well

as
many small birds on the various feeding stations, I noticed a couple of
female blackbirds picking up bits of moss & loose grass in the beaks,
stuffing their beaks full before flying off. Nesting is underway!!

I shall be checking the bells on the feline collars to make sure they are

in
working order... at least the felines prefer small rodents as their prey

of
choice.

Cheers, helen s

Yes, it's definitely that time of year again, a couple of weeks ago the
magpies were stripping green twigs off the willow in my garden, they know
exactly what they want for nestbuilding and they're going for it. I'm
getting all geared up for another spring of Cav versus the Magpies. At least
his feud with Papa Pie distracts him from the songbird chicks!

Love

Jeanette

Old April 4th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[[Time to start saving cat fur from brushings and giving to the birds for
nest linings.]]

I love this idea! Captain and Stanley generate enough fuzz to line a whole
flock of birds' nests. It's the least they can do to give back to the
birdies who provide them so much entertainment on Kitty TV (aka the front
window) every day.

Donna and the purring furballs, Captain and Stanley

Old April 4th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[[And the fluff from the tumble drier!]]

This idea rocks, too! Especially since a generous portion of dryer lint in
our house comes from feline shedding... Captain and Stanley will STILL be
giving back to the local bird community that entertains them via the front
window every day.

Gotta love recycling. )

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old April 5th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:27:05 -0400, Gabey8 wrote:

[[Time to start saving cat fur from brushings and giving to the birds for
nest linings.]]

I love this idea! Captain and Stanley generate enough fuzz to line a whole
flock of birds' nests. It's the least they can do to give back to the
birdies who provide them so much entertainment on Kitty TV (aka the front
window) every day.

Donna and the purring furballs, Captain and Stanley

I just tossed a bunch from the dryer. My thought is that it can't be good
in stormy weather -- won't it get soggy? Whereas if the nest is lined
with twigs, the rain would just run through. Correct me if I am wrong. I
do get lots of dryer lint and cat fur when I comb TuTu.

Lots of purrs for those who mourn and suffer. May their lives brighten
again. MLB
Old April 5th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:

I've just been standing in the kitchen, sipping from a mug of steaming
hot caffeine and as I did so I was watching the birds in the garden. As
well as many small birds on the various feeding stations, I noticed a
couple of female blackbirds picking up bits of moss & loose grass in the
beaks, stuffing their beaks full before flying off. Nesting is underway!!

I shall be checking the bells on the feline collars to make sure they
are in working order... at least the felines prefer small rodents as
their prey of choice.

I hope the bells are more effective for you than they were
for me. One cat, especially, used to leave an offering of a
robin on our front mat every morning. Belling worked for
about two days, then he learned to move so smoothly he
didn't disturb the bell until he pounced (by which time it
was too late). This was a bell on a ribbon (which swayed
more than one attached to a collar), but even so....

Cheers, helen s

Old April 5th 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I hope the bells are more effective for you than they were for me. One
cat, especially, used to leave an offering of a robin on our front mat
every morning. Belling worked for about two days, then he learned to move
so smoothly he didn't disturb the bell until he pounced (by which time it
was too late). This was a bell on a ribbon (which swayed more than one
attached to a collar), but even so....

Bells are effective here. I can count on the fingers of *one* hand the
number of birds my three get (in total) in a year. Their preferred prey is
rodent. Plus I have bell & ID tag on collar of each cat & the two together
are louder than a bell alone

Cheers, helen s

Old April 5th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

on Tuesday 04 April 2006 09:54 pm, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) blabbed
incessantly producing the following:

snip

I hope the bells are more effective for you than they were
for me. One cat, especially, used to leave an offering of a
robin on our front mat every morning. Belling worked for
about two days, then he learned to move so smoothly he
didn't disturb the bell until he pounced (by which time it
was too late). This was a bell on a ribbon (which swayed
more than one attached to a collar), but even so....

Cheers, helen s

I need to borrow your cat. Does he attack moles? I have moles, and my
cat's can't seem to take care of them. I'm tempted to fire my cats unless
I see proof they're on the job.
--
The Raven

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.