Update on Tiger

Old July 26th 08, 11:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

Default Update on Tiger

I've just come home from Tigers appointment with the vet. He hasn't lost
much fluid yet, but the vet could feel everything a bit more, and at the
moment is seems like he has a tumor in or next to his bowels, or something
to do with leukemia (I doubt the leukemia, as his bloodwork was good). He
got another injection and pills for the next days to try to get rid of more
fluid and has to be back at the vet Monday night to see what the vet can
feel then. He's already very skinny, but I never noticed it because the rest
was swelling up :-(
The vet was honest and told me what I had already expected to hear, that
it's no or little use to operate. And I don't want to ruin the little bit
that's left of his life with making him sick from an operation, so all I'd
like to ask from people here is that they send purrs to make him feel as
well as possible under the circumstances.

Nanny

Old July 26th 08, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Nanny wrote:

[...]

I'm so sorry. I was really hoping for better news. This must be a
big shock - it seems like you weren't expecting anything this major to
be wrong with him until just yesterday.

Purrs for Tiger to be as comfortable as possible. It sounds like you've
made a very compassionate decision to help him feel better and enjoy
whatever time he has left, as much as he can.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 26th 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

schreef in bericht
Nanny wrote:

[...]

No, I certainly didn't expect this. Only when he had to stay at the vet all
yesterday afternoon I realized that this could be a lot worse than I
thought. If the vet gets the same result on Monday we can only start the
(log or short) wait to see how he gets through this, and hope that with him
I'll have the same wisdom to know when it's time that I had with most of my
other animals.

Nanny

Old July 26th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Nanny wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Nanny }}}}}}}}}}}} Lots of purrs on the way for Tiger.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 26th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Flippy[_4_]

I am so sorry to read this about your precious Tiger. It must be quite a
shock.

Mighty Purrs are on their way for Tiger to feel no pain.

Flippy.

Old July 26th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 26, 5:52*am, "Nanny" wrote:
[...]

Nanny, I'm so sorry. For what it's worth, I feel the same way you do
about keeping
him comfortable. Sending prayers for you and Tiger; I know this is so
hard for you.
Sherry
Old July 26th 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Nanny" wrote in
:

[...]

I am so sorry to hear this. Tiger is in my thoughts as are you.

Andy
Old July 26th 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Nanny" wrote in message
I've just come home from Tigers appointment with the vet. He hasn't
lost much fluid yet, but the vet could feel everything a bit more,
and at the moment is seems like he has a tumor in or next to his
bowels, or something to do with leukemia (I doubt the leukemia, as
his bloodwork was good). He got another injection and pills for the
next days to try to get rid of more fluid and has to be back at the
vet Monday night to see what the vet can feel then. He's already
very skinny, but I never noticed it because the rest was swelling up
:-(
The vet was honest and told me what I had already expected to hear,
that it's no or little use to operate. And I don't want to ruin the
little bit that's left of his life with making him sick from an
operation, so all I'd like to ask from people here is that they send
purrs to make him feel as well as possible under the circumstances.

Nanny

Purrs that you are able to share a bit more bright and shiny time
together. Even if it is only time to say goodbye properly.

Poor Tiger. I imagine he feels a bit better with some of the fluid
gone for now though.

Jo

Old July 26th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Nanny wrote:
The vet was honest and told me what I had already expected to hear, that
it's no or little use to operate. And I don't want to ruin the little
bit that's left of his life with making him sick from an operation, so
all I'd like to ask from people here is that they send purrs to make him
feel as well as possible under the circumstances.

We're sending lots of purrs for Tiger to have the happiest and most
comfortable time, for as long as possible.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 26th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 26, 6:52 am, "Nanny" wrote:
[...]

As comfortable and happy as he can be for as long possible. And may it
be a long, long time.

--
Will in New Haven