I had to laugh

Old November 27th 03, 06:32 PM
Karen

Default I had to laugh

Pearl has been doing much better at learning to "play". She likes chasing
the other cats and especially Grant has learned this is not "in earnest".
They do pretty good and she is learning to not make threatening noises.
Still, when she chases Sugar, Sugar still gets defensive. However, today she
chased Sugar and Sugar put her ears back and hissed and I went over talking
sweet talk. Pearl turned to walk off and Sugar went and batted Pearl's butt!
It was SO funny. I don't think Pearl even felt it, so she did not even
register, but Sugar (my sweet little coward) felt that she had done a big
thing. It was a very funny moment (probably funnier than in print.) that I
had to share.

Karen

Old November 27th 03, 08:16 PM
lewe

"Karen" wrote in message
Pearl has been doing much better at learning to "play". She likes chasing
the other cats and especially Grant has learned this is not "in earnest".
They do pretty good and she is learning to not make threatening noises.
Still, when she chases Sugar, Sugar still gets defensive. However, today

she
chased Sugar and Sugar put her ears back and hissed and I went over

talking
sweet talk. Pearl turned to walk off and Sugar went and batted Pearl's

butt!
It was SO funny. I don't think Pearl even felt it, so she did not even
register, but Sugar (my sweet little coward) felt that she had done a big
thing. It was a very funny moment (probably funnier than in print.) that I
had to share.

Brave Sugar!
Sounds like they are all getting along fine.
purrs
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old November 27th 03, 10:51 PM

Karen wrote:

Still, when she chases Sugar, Sugar still gets defensive. However,
today she chased Sugar and Sugar put her ears back and hissed and I
went over talking sweet talk. Pearl turned to walk off and Sugar
went and batted Pearl's butt!

Go Sugar!! Maybe this was the start of a change in the dynamics between
them.

Joyce
Old November 28th 03, 03:40 AM
Marina

"Karen" wrote
Pearl has been doing much better at learning to "play". She likes chasing
the other cats and especially Grant has learned this is not "in earnest".
They do pretty good and she is learning to not make threatening noises.
Still, when she chases Sugar, Sugar still gets defensive. However, today

she
chased Sugar and Sugar put her ears back and hissed and I went over

talking
sweet talk. Pearl turned to walk off and Sugar went and batted Pearl's

butt!
It was SO funny. I don't think Pearl even felt it, so she did not even
register, but Sugar (my sweet little coward) felt that she had done a big
thing. It was a very funny moment (probably funnier than in print.) that I
had to share.

Aww! Brave Sugar! Maybe she will feel better around Pearl now. She can think
to herself, "I swatted her once, I can do it again. She's not so tough". ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 28th 03, 03:56 AM
Christine Burel

"Karen" wrote in message
Pearl has been doing much better at learning to "play". She likes chasing
the other cats and especially Grant has learned this is not "in earnest".
They do pretty good and she is learning to not make threatening noises.
Still, when she chases Sugar, Sugar still gets defensive. However, today

she
chased Sugar and Sugar put her ears back and hissed and I went over

talking
sweet talk. Pearl turned to walk off and Sugar went and batted Pearl's

butt!
It was SO funny. I don't think Pearl even felt it, so she did not even
register, but Sugar (my sweet little coward) felt that she had done a big
thing. It was a very funny moment (probably funnier than in print.) that I
had to share.

Karen

Go, Sugar, go! Very cute story, Karen--thanks!
Christine

Old November 28th 03, 08:22 AM
lewe

"Karen" wrote in message
Brave Sugar!
Sounds like they are all getting along fine.
purrs

Well...better anyway.
Karen

better is good! slowly, slowly ...
as long as there's progress ...

Old December 21st 03, 12:27 AM
JP Hobbs

When Henri was quite young there lived upstairs twoof
those silky haired terriers one of them used to snap at
my labradour's heels every time he went outside till Ralph
got sick of this, picked him up in his mouth and gave him a
good shake and dropped him, the attacker had to have 5 stitches
in his neck but his owner was good about it and said he had deserved
it. after all Ralph could have killed it easily if he had wanted to
but he wasn't a killer.
Henri on the other hand, was harrassed continually by the other one,
who always chased him into a bush barking at him, One day Henri,
also got sick of this treatment, and one day came out of the bush
and chased this littledog all round the car park and the big lawn
at the side, with the dog squealing its head off, finally catching up
with it in the middle of said lawn, and giving it two almighty swipes
on its rear end,the cat was as big as the dog,it ran off still screaming
while Henrisat there looking very pleased with himself, I might say
these dogs never bothered my respective animals again. Henri
had another episode like this after we moved to another place
,even funnier I'll save that for another time Purrs. Jean P.