baby wipes?

Old February 23rd 05, 11:48 PM
Phil P.

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
news:1109197487.f312faeb95fc88a5573d9862008b47bf@t eranews...

And a P.S. Aspirin is *toxic* for cats, but her vets allows half a
baby aspirin when she gets arthritic episodes.

Maybe she's arthritic because she has to walk on the stumps of her second
phalanges because you had her third phalanges amputated...

Oh my GOD! She must
want to kill my cat so I'll stop spending hundreds of dollars there.

I see. Since vets prescribe aspirin at carefully calculated doses for cats -
generally 81 mg/ every *three days*, you feel, what the hell, a few more
toxins can't hurt, eh? Its no wonder you make a living with your ass -

Old February 23rd 05, 11:58 PM
Mary

"kitkat" wrote

Heh, it seems Luna has taken a fancy to Jasper's low residue dry food.
That is the stuff they sent me home with, btw. Eukanuba (not Iam's as I
had stated before) low residue canned food. I also asked for some of the
same stuff in the dry version, even though Jasper doesnt usually eat dry
food. I did see him munching it when he was in the hospital, so I
figured it was a good thing to leave for him during the day. He needs to
eat!

Shall I do the Eat Jasper, Eat dance? After all, judging from the

looks
of this place it must be a full moon, and the kitty gods are especially
receptive during the full moon.

Hey, we'll take whatever we can get...even if it is some wacko doing the
Eat Jasper, Eat dance.

I didn't feel like dancin anyway. : [

I did feed him some plain chicken breast when I got home. That seems to
be what he wants most. People food. (that we can thank his previous
owner for!) But fortuantely they did tell me I could feed him that, so I
am going to. While gone today, I left him quite a bit of food...all of
which he sampled. He had multiple bowls for the choosing. 1. the low
residue dry kibble, 2. a mixture of turkey baby food and the wet low
residue food, 3. a dollop of beef baby food and 4. a dollop of chicken
baby food. LOL. I should have labeled the damn baby food as I cant
tell if it was the chicken or the beef he prefered. One was barely
touched, but at the end of the day, that crap all looks the same.

The runs/leaks he has are probably from all the medicine they gave
him. It will straighten out.

Old February 24th 05, 12:00 AM
kitkat

Mary wrote:
"kitkat" wrote

Heh, it seems Luna has taken a fancy to Jasper's low residue dry food.
That is the stuff they sent me home with, btw. Eukanuba (not Iam's as I
had stated before) low residue canned food. I also asked for some of the
same stuff in the dry version, even though Jasper doesnt usually eat dry
food. I did see him munching it when he was in the hospital, so I
figured it was a good thing to leave for him during the day. He needs to
eat!

Shall I do the Eat Jasper, Eat dance? After all, judging from the

looks

of this place it must be a full moon, and the kitty gods are especially
receptive during the full moon.

Hey, we'll take whatever we can get...even if it is some wacko doing the
Eat Jasper, Eat dance.

I didn't feel like dancin anyway. : [

Oh. come now. You knew that was a joke, eh? ::oke poke poke:::
Old February 24th 05, 12:05 AM
Mary

"kitkat" wrote in message
m...
Mary wrote:
[...]

Too late. *sulk* I have put my dancin shoes away.

Old February 24th 05, 12:24 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
news:1109197282.118dd8808f2d2715ed0725ef770f2764@t eranews...
Elizabeth Blake wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

"dragon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes. Baby wipes contain potentially-toxic chemicals that your
cat could ingest as he grooms himself. How about a damp tissue
or washcloth instead?

dragon

I'm glad this topic came up. I keep a box of baby wipes in the
bathroom and have used them on Tiger. She's almost 15 years old,
and she only uses the box for urination once a day. She's done
this her whole life. Since she uses the box only once a day, when
she goes she REALLY goes. She tends to sit her butt right down
in the litter and as a result her backside can get soaked with
urine, and then litter sticks to it. When she gets really wet I
use a big handful of toilet paper but when it's just a small area
I had been grabbing a wipe. I'll just stick with the toilet paper
from now on.

--
Liz

Actually, this issue is like the onion issue. Everyone had done a
"Henny Penny" about the most miniscule amount of onion making cats
drop dead on the spot. I read the article about onion toxicity, and
they would have to each an entire medium sized oinion to reach such
a level. Granted, if something isn't good for pets, don't give it
in any amount to be safe, like chocolate for dogs, etc.

Or cats; the theobromine (sp??) - didn't just check it) in chocolate is
toxic to cats, too. But as you mentioned, a teensy bit isn't going to cause
a cat or dog to keel over - or probably even to get sick. Also depends upon
the type of chocolate. Baker's chocolate being *bad*, milk chocolate not
being such a problem. Think of the author Peter Gethers & his (late) cat
Norton... Norton sometimes ate chocolate ice cream at a certain restaurant,
& survived to tell the tale, for many years. ;-) ( I got the feeling that
Peter Gethers had no clue idea that chocolate is toxic to cats, to be fair
to him.)

But if you
happen to let your cat lick gravy off your plate when you're done,
and you suddenly remember it has onion in it, there is NO need to go
freaking out or running off to the vet to have it's stomach pumped.

I agree.

As I said in a previous article, I keep the Huggies Natural on hand.
For the level of its ingredients, and the amount of *that* actually
getting on the cat, and the amount of THAT getting licked off...
Gimme a break.

In this case, I would prefer not use the wipes - I haven't checked up on how
toxic the ingredient(s) is/are. Besides what the toxicity level actually
turned out to be, it would depend upon how often the wipes were used. If
rarely, with low toxicity, then not a problem, IMO. If frequently, that'd
be another story.

Cathy

Old February 24th 05, 12:26 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"kitkat" wrote in message
m...
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

Actually, this issue is like the onion issue. Everyone had done a
"Henny Penny" about the most miniscule amount of onion making cats
drop dead on the spot.

I will admit that the state of mind I am in with Jasper and his
health...I dropped everything and cancelled my appointment to tutor
someone after work so I could run home and make sure Jasper was okay. As
I was driving, I thought to myself he probably could not have licked
enough bad stuff off him from one or two wipes with the baby wipe to
make him sick. Nonetheless, I got really nervous!

So, I am home. Jasper is fine. And it looks like he did some eating
today. Whew!

Excellent!

I feel kinda bad about the tutoring appointment, but hey. What can ya
do? I lied and said I didn't feel good because I didn't want to say that
my real reason for cancelling was to drive home and make sure my cat
wasnt dead.

:\

Yeah, well... you sort of fudged the excuse, not out & out lied, IMO -
because you *didn't* feel well - just not in the way the person on the other
end of the phone line probably took it.

Cathy

Pam

Old February 24th 05, 12:28 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-23, Brandy*Alexandre penned:
Phil P. wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

LOL! I'll leave the showing off to you since you love showing off your
well trained gaping asshole.

Oh, well, you certainly hurt my feeling and sent my credibility up in
flames. LOL! How much do you want to bet that such an attack didn't
impress anyone and destroyed your own in the process. Gee, if you can't win
on facts and intelligent discourse, throw in sexual acts and body parts.

Did I miss a discussion of a sexual act? I'm sure I would have noticed
something like that.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 24th 05, 12:35 AM
Mary

On 2005-02-23, Brandy Alexandre penned:
Phil P. wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

LOL! I'll leave the showing off to you since you love showing off your
well trained gaping asshole.

Oh, well, you certainly hurt my feeling and sent my credibility up in
flames. LOL! How much do you want to bet that such an attack didn't
impress anyone and destroyed your own in the process. Gee, if you can't

win
on facts and intelligent discourse, throw in sexual acts and body parts.

Did I miss a discussion of a sexual act? I'm sure I would have noticed
something like that.

--

Um, I think Brandy Alexandre is a p*rn star.

Old February 24th 05, 12:46 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-24, Mary penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

Did I miss a discussion of a sexual act? I'm sure I would have noticed
something like that.

Um, I think Brandy Alexandre is a p*rn star.

Oh. Well then, carry on ...

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 24th 05, 01:55 AM
Phil P.

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1109205206.f3af71f9321c85fd63717a5f96c693a7@t eranews...

On 2005-02-23, Brandy Alexandre penned:
Phil P. wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

LOL! I'll leave the showing off to you since you love showing off

your
well trained gaping asshole.

Oh, well, you certainly hurt my feeling and sent my credibility up in
flames. LOL! How much do you want to bet that such an attack didn't
impress anyone and destroyed your own in the process. Gee, if you

can't
win
on facts and intelligent discourse, throw in sexual acts and body

parts.

Did I miss a discussion of a sexual act? I'm sure I would have noticed
something like that.

--

Um, I think Brandy Alexandre is a p*rn star.

Porn has been is more like it. But that's not what makes her a big
asshole - literally and figuratively. She declawed her cat because she was
afraid a cat scratch would ruin her porn films...