Afraid of vaccum?

Old April 13th 04, 08:07 PM
JoJo

I'll have to try that on mine! Bob wouldn't mind, but then again, Bob
doesn't mind much of anything (he's really unique). Bob just wants fed, I
could probably serve him food on the vaccum itself.

Ok, kind of off subject here - anyone out there ever say they were going to
"run the sweeper" instead of the "vaccum"? Or is that another regional
thing? (We call them sweepers here, not sure why).

Tx for all the input, I enjoyed reading them! Seems Yertle (thats the one
that chases the vaccum) isn't alone.

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

"Suzanne Thompson" wrote in message
Peter likes to be vacuumed. I discovered this one day when he refused to
budge from his couch cushion so I could vacuum it. I ran the brush
attachment over his back thinking he would run, but he actually rolled

over
so I could vacuum his belly.

Suzanne

"JoJo" wrote in message
Just curious if anyone out there that has a cat (or two, or three....)

that
is NOT afraid of the vaccum cleaner? All of mine run as soon as they

see
it. Well except for Bob, but Bob is deaf so just kind of looks at it if

it
nudges him.

Anyway, one of my foster kittens actually chases it and climbs on it.

One
of the others sits and watches, but won't get too close. I've thought

maybe
he was deaf too, but don't think that's the case (I've seen him come

from
another room to chase the vaccum). I just thought this was unusual

since
all of mine run and hide (hmmmm....I should start running it when I eat,

wouldn't have such a large audience then!)

Old April 14th 04, 03:38 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

JoJo wrote:

Just curious if anyone out there that has a cat (or two, or three....) that
is NOT afraid of the vaccum cleaner? All of mine run as soon as they see
it. Well except for Bob, but Bob is deaf so just kind of looks at it if it
nudges him.

Mine have always been apprehensive of it, too. However, my
sister-in-law (or rather my nieces, when small) had a cat who'd come
running whenever she heard the machine! When she was a curious kitten,
she was stalking the upholstery attachment one day, so my SIL turned it
around and vacuumed her! She LOVED it, so ever afterwards.....

Old April 14th 04, 10:22 AM
Adrian

JoJo wrote:
Just curious if anyone out there that has a cat (or two, or
three....) that is NOT afraid of the vaccum cleaner? All of mine run
as soon as they see it. Well except for Bob, but Bob is deaf so just
kind of looks at it if it nudges him.

Anyway, one of my foster kittens actually chases it and climbs on it.
One of the others sits and watches, but won't get too close. I've
thought maybe he was deaf too, but don't think that's the case (I've
seen him come from another room to chase the vaccum). I just thought
this was unusual since all of mine run and hide (hmmmm....I should
start running it when I eat, I wouldn't have such a large audience
then!)

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

My Rosie (RB) was not afraid of the vacuum, she didn't like it though and I
would get the look of death from her whenever I vacuuumed. Snoopy, Rosie's
sister has always been terrified and will hide as soon as I open the
cupboard where it is kept. Milo & Bagheera don't like it either but don't
seam quite as afraid. I think the only answer is to vacuum as little as
possible.;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old April 14th 04, 06:36 PM
Marina

"Adrian" wrote

My Rosie (RB) was not afraid of the vacuum, she didn't like it though and

would get the look of death from her whenever I vacuuumed. Snoopy, Rosie's
sister has always been terrified and will hide as soon as I open the
cupboard where it is kept. Milo & Bagheera don't like it either but don't
seam quite as afraid. I think the only answer is to vacuum as little as
possible.;-)

Hehee, I use that excuse, too.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki