Advice, please!! - (long)

Old May 26th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

Default Advice, please!! - (long)

On 22 Mai, 17:10, "Pat" wrote:
"Bettina" wrote

| Now you are at war. There are things to do.
|
| The outer work:
| Find a person you trust. (Family?Friends?)
| Someone whose last name is different than yours.
| Let them buy the house. Nobody will know that you`re involved.
| Then buy the house from them.
|
| Or, if possible buy the house via a solicitor.
| Don`t know if it is possible to keep your name out of it as long as
| possible.

These are good suggestions however there is no way I can afford to buy that
house. I am barely keeping up with expenses as it is (in fact, falling
behind quite severely). This is sad because at the price being asked for the
house it is a very good deal and reasonable rent would more than cover the
costs of owning it. It would be a positive cash flow situation. And rental
housing is nearly impossible to find in this town and in great demand. But I
would have to put up a downpayment and prove ability to make mortgage
payments, which I could not do. Even if I bought it, if it sat vacant for as
little as one month, it would devastate my finances.

I am sorry, I misinterpreted this from your post. Thought you had the
means to buy.
So, if this is not possible you really should find help to build that
fence. Even if you don`t know them - ask a nice neighbour for help.
Just do it, most are willing to help if asked. Or put a message that
you need a helping hand on a board somewhere in your village.

I wish you and your cats the best and pray for those neighbours to
move away.

Bettina

Old May 26th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 25 May, 13:37, polonca12000 wrote:

It's really hard, but I still think you should contact the police before
the dogs really hurt someone badly.

With you on this- how would you feel if those dogs seriously harmed or
even killed a child and you hadn't reported them?

I am sure you don't have to give a name or anything just tell the
police. It's not fair on the dogs either. They're being allowed to run
about without any control and if they did do something they'll be put
down. (Whenever I hear about small children being attacked I always
wonder whether it's entirely the dogs fault. When Dave was first in
hospital, there was a little girl in the news you had been mauled to
death by a pair of Dobermans. Turns out the dogs were guard dogs,
trained to be attack dogs and usually kept on the roof of a pub.
Someone was careless and left a door open and a baby unsupervised with
tragic results....I did think that was not entirely the dogs fault)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old May 26th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
ps.com...
On 25 May, 13:37, polonca12000 wrote:

It's really hard, but I still think you should contact the police before
the dogs really hurt someone badly.

With you on this- how would you feel if those dogs seriously harmed or
even killed a child and you hadn't reported them?

These dogs are Bichon Frise, they are hardly going to kill a child, for g*ds
sake get a sense of proportion here.

Tweed

Old May 26th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Christina Websell" wrote
| "Lesley" wrote
| On 25 May, 13:37, polonca12000 wrote:
|
| It's really hard, but I still think you should contact the police
before
| the dogs really hurt someone badly.
|
| With you on this- how would you feel if those dogs seriously harmed or
| even killed a child and you hadn't reported them?
|
| These dogs are Bichon Frise, they are hardly going to kill a child, for
g*ds
| sake get a sense of proportion here.

They have two Bichon Frises and one big.. I dunno what, vicious beast. The
Bichons are the ones that YIP all night and day. I never said they attacked
anyone.

Old May 26th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Sat, 26 May 2007 15:50:04 -0400, Pat wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote
"Lesley" wrote
On 25 May, 13:37, polonca12000 wrote:

It's really hard, but I still think you should contact the police

before
the dogs really hurt someone badly.

With you on this- how would you feel if those dogs seriously harmed or
even killed a child and you hadn't reported them?

These dogs are Bichon Frise, they are hardly going to kill a child, for

g*ds
sake get a sense of proportion here.

They have two Bichon Frises and one big.. I dunno what, vicious beast. The
Bichons are the ones that YIP all night and day. I never said they attacked
anyone.

And I quote: (or did I misread?)
" One of these dogs has attacked children riding bicycles along the street
and has attacked me twice and has attacked the man across the street also."

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old May 26th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

I am sure you don't have to give a name or anything just tell the
police. It's not fair on the dogs either. They're being allowed to run
about without any control and if they did do something they'll be put
down. (Whenever I hear about small children being attacked I always
wonder whether it's entirely the dogs fault. When Dave was first in
hospital, there was a little girl in the news you had been mauled to
death by a pair of Dobermans. Turns out the dogs were guard dogs,
trained to be attack dogs and usually kept on the roof of a pub.
Someone was careless and left a door open and a baby unsupervised with
tragic results....I did think that was not entirely the dogs fault)

I don't think it's ever the dog's fault. Dogs do either what comes
natural to them, or what they have been trained to do. The situation
you talked about here was completely due to human error. Humans left
the door open and someone left their baby unsupervised. The dogs did
what they had been trained to do.

Joyce
Old May 27th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 26 May, 12:06, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

These dogs are Bichon Frise, they are hardly going to kill a child, for g*ds
sake get a sense of proportion here.

Sorry I am not sure what size Bichon Frise are and the meanest two
dogs I ever encountered were a Yorkie and a toy poodle (the toy poodle
did so much damage to an German Shepherds front feet (probably all he
could reach) the shepherd had to have three toes amputated)

Besides even if they wouldn't harm a child, running towards a kid
barking could scare the kid off dogs for life- happened to a friend of
mine, he's six and a half feet tall and built like a tank but as a
result of being knocked off his bite by an over affectionate dog, he's
nervous around small dogs and anything bigger than a spaniel will
cause him to retreat unless there is a Human firmly holding the leash

Old May 28th 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

oups.com...
wrote:

These dogs are Bichon Frise, they are hardly going to kill a child, for
g*ds
sake get a sense of proportion here.

Sorry I am not sure what size Bichon Frise are and the meanest two
dogs I ever encountered were a Yorkie and a toy poodle (the toy poodle
did so much damage to an German Shepherds front feet (probably all he
could reach) the shepherd had to have three toes amputated)

It winds me up, Lesley when it is suggested that dogs will kill a child,
"just like that." Dogs that are bred to kill have a "prey response" that
can cause them to attack anything which is making high screaming sounds,
which suggests to them that it is being killed anyway.
Terriers and hounds need to be particularly watched for this but it is
sensible not to leave a small child unsupervised.

Besides even if they wouldn't harm a child, running towards a kid
barking could scare the kid off dogs for life- happened to a friend of
mine, he's six and a half feet tall and built like a tank but as a
result of being knocked off his bite by an over affectionate dog, he's
nervous around small dogs and anything bigger than a spaniel will
cause him to retreat unless there is a Human firmly holding the leash

He needs to get over this. More kids should be exposed to more dogs. IMO.
What do you suggest, dogs should be kept away from children?
At one time I was a lonely child and my neighbour's dog was my best friend.
I would collect her in the morning and we would go off in the countryside
all day. Just me and her.
Children need dogs, dogs need children. They are on the same wavelength.

Tweed

Old May 28th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

He needs to get over this. More kids should be exposed to more dogs.
IMO. What do you suggest, dogs should be kept away from children?
At one time I was a lonely child and my neighbour's dog was my best
friend. I would collect her in the morning and we would go off in the
countryside all day. Just me and her.
Children need dogs, dogs need children. They are on the same wavelength.

Tweed

About half the reason I take Kayla to the park is so she can adopt and play
with small children. She is extremely good with them and will stay back if
I tell her to. She thinks anyone big enough to stand up is big enough to
throw a ball. And will retrieve or catch from two feet away and eagerly as
from fifty feet. I don't know how many tiny little girls have knelt down
and just wrapped their arms around her neck and held on.

Always with the consent of parent of course.

We have about twenty kids that try to time their trips to the park so they
can play with her.

Aside from breaking up a soccer game of two there has never been even a hint
of a problem.

I do try not to encourage anyone to get this breed though. Damn is she a
lot of work, and she sheds constantly. And I love her to pieces.

At present she is "asleep" on my feet but she is restless enough I know she
is hoping to want to play and just making sure I don't go anywhere without
her.

Jo

Old May 28th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

oups.com...
wrote:

[...]

When my brother was about four or five years old, we went to the cemetery to
visit my grandmother's grave. My brother went running ahead of us.
Suddenly, a large German shepherd came bounding up and attacked my brother.
(We learned later that the dog belonged to the caretaker and had previously
bitten a man who was also visiting the cemetery.) My father grabbed a piece
of a heavy branch that was on the ground and was able to drive the dog away
from my brother. My brother suffered a few bite wounds, but they
fortunately were not serious.

What did my parents do? They got a puppy for us (a collie that we named
Lassie -- how original!). We didn't know it, of course, but a large part of
their reason was to give us a dog to love and diminish the fear that either
of us might have had. Well, that was a great dog, she would let us do
*anything* as we played with her, and my brother (and I) have never had any
fear of dogs. I can't say whether he would have developed a fear of dogs
without that action, but I think it was far better of my parents to take
that approach than to have constantly warned us about "dangers." We did
know enough not approach or touch a strange dog, but neither of us ever felt
intimidated by animals.

MaryL