Advice on Suki

Old January 26th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Update Advice on Suki

"Yowie" wrote in message

snip

Any ideas on how to discourage undesirable behaviour in a deaf and very
determined (and possibly not real bright) cat?

Thanks for all your advice. The squirter set on 'mist' directly in the face
seems effective. Its not as good as squirting from a distance as I have to
get to her before I can mist her, but its better than nothing. The squirt
was always good because you could squirt the water bottle without necessariy
having to get up off the lounge. Maybe Suki will get me fitter. LOL.

Yowie

Old January 26th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Yowie wrote:
The squirt was always good because you could squirt the water bottle
without necessariy having to get up off the lounge. Maybe Suki will get
me fitter. LOL.

Isn't that what cats are best at - giving us fits (big grin)?

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old January 28th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default Advice on Suki

Yowie wrote:
Shmogg and I had reached an understanding and knew where each other's
boundaries lay. This is not to say that we didn't *test* these boundaries
from time to time, but I had a voice and a water squirter to back it up, and
he had a hiss and claws to back it up. Thus we could tell each other to
'back off' when necessary and not really p*ss each other off.

Pickle doesn't even need a water squirter, a hiss or even a loud "no no
no!". Just a "Pick-LE!" and he stops what he's doing. Except for an
experimental tummy tickle which I quickly understood was Off Limits, we
haven't so far had a problem. Pickle is a pretty smart cat and generally
steers clear of difficult situations rather than 'pushing his luck' and has
settled down pretty nicely in Chez Chapman

Suki is a different matter all together. She doesn't seem to believe that
discretion is the better part of valour and doggedly (cattedly) continues
doing whatever she wants, whenever she wants. Mostly, this isn't a problem
as we're enslaved household. The problem occurs in the few situations where
we disagree about acceptable catly behaviour.

snip
Any ideas on how to discourage undesirable behaviour in a deaf and very
determined (and possibly not real bright) cat?

Yowie

No ideas, but lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek