cat harnesses

Old September 5th 03, 01:47 AM
Barb 1

Default cat harnesses

From: "Barb 1"
Subject: please tell me abt cat harness's
Date: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 7:11 PM

Some cat owners really like these cat walking jackets. Go to:
www.hdw-inc.com/walkingjackets.htm

They give better support than a halter but I would also slip them through
the collar in case the cat tries to slip out.

--
Barb
I can only please one person a day.

Old September 5th 03, 05:22 PM
Alison Smiley Perera

In article ,
kaeli wrote:

In article ,
enlightened us with...

OH my GOD, I am SO glad you told me this! I've already wasted my money
but now that I know that cats DON'T DO WELL ON LEASHES and LAY DOWN or
PULL AWAY I can stop wasting my time, at least...now how do I tell Otis
that he's been going about this all wrong, and talking leisurely strolls
along the sidewalk is ALL WRONG? Cuz he enjoys it quite a bit and I
anticipate a tough time convincing him.

Oh, no, now I have to break that news to ROWAN too!!

She won't like that at all. Nope. Not one bit.

http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart/kids/rowan35.jpg
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart/kids/rowan46.jpg

She looks just scared to DEATH, now doesn't she? Just a quivering mass
of fear, that.
Ahem.

*snicker*

Rowan has obviously not been reading this newsgroup. Please convey to
her immediately that CATS DO NOT DO WELL ON LEASHES.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

(PS, her harness looks a little loose to me?)

Oh, and Hektor has been listening to Iben I'm afraid. He frequently lays
down on the leash. However, he didn't get the whole message. He is
obedient and comes when called and walks nicely on the leash...until he
finds a nice patch of dirt to take a dustbath in. Last week he also
pulled away at the end of the walk, when he discovered that the storm
door to our house is actually an eeevil kitty-eating monster. However,
he really needs to re-read the memo because it only took about 5 minutes
of behavior modification to desensitize him to the door. He didn't pull
away consistently, so as to demonstrate his comprehension of the FACT
that CATS PULL AWAY when on leash.

I've instructed him to write 25 times, longhand, "Cats do not do well on
leashes. These gadgets used on cats are a waste of time and money." And
I'll be quizzing him later.

-Alison in OH

Old September 5th 03, 05:42 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...

(PS, her harness looks a little loose to me?)

It is. She's a bit squirmy when we put it on so sometimes it's a little
loose. She hasn't gotten the message that she shouldn't do well on a
leash, so she doesn't pull or try to get out of it at all. Actually,
these days she prefers a simple light buckle collar. Takes less time to
put on, so she gets outside faster! *G*

I'll have to tell her she isn't behaving well at all and that she should
be more difficult.

Oh, and Hektor has been listening to Iben I'm afraid. He frequently lays
down on the leash.

Rowan does, too. Mostly when she finds something she really likes the
smell of.

Last week he also
pulled away at the end of the walk, when he discovered that the storm
door to our house is actually an eeevil kitty-eating monster.

Rowan pulls a bit when our neighbor's Newfoundland comes to sniff at
her.
She certainly doesn't pull like my DOG does.

I've instructed him to write 25 times, longhand, "Cats do not do well on
leashes. These gadgets used on cats are a waste of time and money." And
I'll be quizzing him later.

I MUST do that to Rowan, too.
She'll get it through her head yet.

~kaeli~
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading
my hard disk?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace