Storrmmee the shill

Old March 19th 10, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Storrmmee the shill

I never feed any animal frrom the table, on the other hand Storrmmee has DH
trained to feed her bits of food from the table... at least he does agree
with me that they can't be ON the table while we eat so i am satisfied with
these arrangements... Storrmmee always sits on DH's left side away from me
and give him big puppy starving eyes... meanwhile Chester the ingester her
best bud in the house next to DH sits behind his chair, waitig paitently...
she always inspects the first bite then looks behind his chair and steps
back so chester can have that bite, then she eats the second and third bit
letting him have the next two...

these two work like a crime syndacate to extort food from DH and attentin
from me... they really are very concerned about each other... the other day
storrmmee got a little over excited and put her teeth on DH as if to bite
him... after the horrifying epsode with MH both of us are tooth shy so he
scruffed her blew in her face and yelled at her... she of course in her very
vocal way expressed her dispeausure... chester came running from who knows
where to jump onto the table to watch the proceedings to make sure she
wasn't prmanently damaged... he wasn't interfereing mind you just observing,
then when DH put her down chester went over to her to comfort her... never
never try and tell me cats don't have emotions for us and their other
housemantes, and never tell me they don't posses some sort of logic, Lee

Old March 19th 10, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Stormmee wrote:
[...]

I wonder what he said to her after that? It is so interesting to
observe the interactions of cats. Best wishes. MLB
Old March 19th 10, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

he sat next to her and purred she hid her head under his chin and they just
sat that way for a couple of minutes, then zoomiees took over and wrestling
insued, Lee

Old March 19th 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

Boyfriend is amazingly intelligent, he never stops surprising me, but I
would *never* feed him from the table nor did I ever do it with my dogs - it
just makes them a perfect nuisance if you do.

If I am eating, I don't want a cat or dog watching every mouthful which is
what they do if you feed them from the table.

Tweed

Old March 19th 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

i totally agree and they all know it, they don't bother me and they always
sit on the left of DH whis is to say away from me... he sits at then end of
the table i sit to his right on the side, one would think if one of us fed
from the table they would sit between us, but they know i won't do it while
i am eating so they never sit between us, they always sit to his left...
only after i am done do i ever give them anything and they know if they beg
from me they get nada, Lee

Old March 19th 10, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Stormmee" wrote in message
[...]

I wouldn't dream of it. ;-)

Joy

Old March 20th 10, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 19, 11:20*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Boyfriend is amazingly intelligent, he never stops surprising me, but I
would *never* feed him from the table nor did I ever do it with my dogs - it
just makes them a perfect nuisance if you do.

We don';t feed from the table and never have done- Sarsi did once
snatch a sheek kebab off Dave's plate but he'd put it to one side
while he went and got some water so maybe she thought he'd finished
with it but that's about it.

Fugazi(RB) and Isis (RB) used to love fried cod (don't ask me why but
Isis wanted the cod and Fugazi wanted the batter!) so if Dave was
having fish n'chips they'd both sit there looking attentive but not
doing anything as if to remind us that if they were good and didn't
pester us surely we would return the compliment and leave something
for them in their bowl- which we did

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 20th 10, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

wrote:
Boyfriend is amazingly intelligent, he never stops surprising me, but I
would *never* feed him from the table nor did I ever do it with my dogs -
it
just makes them a perfect nuisance if you do.

We don';t feed from the table and never have done- Sarsi did once
snatch a sheek kebab off Dave's plate but he'd put it to one side
while he went and got some water so maybe she thought he'd finished
with it but that's about it.

Fugazi(RB) and Isis (RB) used to love fried cod (don't ask me why but
Isis wanted the cod and Fugazi wanted the batter!) so if Dave was
having fish n'chips they'd both sit there looking attentive but not
doing anything as if to remind us that if they were good and didn't
pester us surely we would return the compliment and leave something
for them in their bowl- which we did

------
Saving something you are eating that you know they like and feeding it to
them later in their own bowl is a totally different thing.
As it happens, Boyfie doesn't seem to like people food much but you can make
a dog a real pest by feeding it titbits from your plate while you are
eating. They can get really bad-mannered by sitting watching every forkful
go from plate to mouth and pawing you if you don't give them some.
This is embarrassing if you have visitors to eat with you.
I never started it with mine therefore they never took any notice of me when
I was eating.
Although..we did have a GSD once who had had quite a bad life. We never fed
him from a plate but I remember well my husband (RB) saying while he was
eating his meal sitting on the sofa "If that dog brushes past me once
again, getting his hair in my food, turning his nose sideways to smell my
food as he goes past, he will be in serious trouble.."
Poor dog, he would not beg but he just had to smell it. Several times.
Tweed

Old March 20th 10, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

While I, on the other paw, have always fed my dogs from the table. I mean
that I was sitting at the table. Have never had a problem with them jumping
and helping themselves. When they were called, they came and got what was
offered.

We had a cat once who would get on the table, grab a piece of chicken and
drop into the open mouth of our Lab. Heidi would them strip it off the
bone, leave a big piece for the cat and eat the rest.

My last dog Sadie, RB, was always hungry and would cry when she saw food. I
had a saucer that I kept something in all the time so she could eat too. A
couple of friends didn't like that so, they didn't remain friends long. The
dog never got on a chair or the table.

Old March 21st 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

this really is a matter of trainig for the dog. my father trained his irish
setter to hold food on her nose until he said OK, she was a wonderful dog...
my favorite dog in fact next to my two dog guides, and every bit as well
behaved. Lee