2 cats need home for 6 months

Old September 3rd 03, 03:37 PM
Agua Girl

"oldmolly" wrote in message

"Dee" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, oldmolly wrote:

I don't know who you are lovie. I know who you *think* you are. But

just to
drag you down a bit. To me, you are just a gob****e American who

feels

That's uncalled for.

Dee (apparently a "gob****e American")

It is possible for you to be American without being a gob****e.

Apparently
plenty of you were not able to discern a difference.
My American friends and aquaintances are not gob****es (shrug). Perhaps

it
is only on usenet that you cannot be one without the other?

Right Molly...it's EVERYONE else who has the problem..not you. You
used nationality as a slur. It's not a big leap to assume you have an issue
with that nationality. It's the same as calling someone a "stupid Mexican".
It shows ignorance and hatred.....another way wars are started. Maybe
you didn't mean to put down Americans as a whole but when you did.
If it wasn't intentional a simple "sorry, I didn't mean it that way" would
suffice. Of course that would require you taking responsibility for your
slurs, something you aren't willing to do. Go ahead and defend your
racist attitude..we are used to it. We have to deal with it from the Klan
all the time.

AG

Old September 3rd 03, 09:42 PM
Mogie

AWriteny wrote in message
unbelievably, (hahaha)
writes

...asking people in a newsgroup dedicated to cats isn't the same
as asking strangers on the street. He may not "know" us but he knows

we
care about our cats.

Have you been living on Mars? The number of trolls, in any/every

newsgroup,
shows that there are a significant number of troubled people who have NO
interest in the subject of the newsgroup. They do, however, have a sick

need to
TROLL and post responses designed to start a flame war. Also, just

because a
person writes that he/she is male/female,
old/young, animal lover/psychopath, employed/not working, etc...doesn't

mean
that it's the truth.

Completely agree. Accepting everything that you read online as gospel is a
mistake.

Old September 5th 03, 12:10 AM
oldmolly

"Agua Girl" wrote in message
et...

"oldmolly" wrote in message

"Dee" wrote in message
[...]

Whatever yawn

---

Old September 5th 03, 12:42 AM
Agua Girl

"oldmolly" wrote in message

Right Molly...it's EVERYONE else who has the problem..not you. You

used nationality as a slur. It's not a big leap to assume you have an

issue
with that nationality. It's the same as calling someone a "stupid

Mexican".
It shows ignorance and hatred.....another way wars are started. Maybe
you didn't mean to put down Americans as a whole but when you did.
If it wasn't intentional a simple "sorry, I didn't mean it that way"

would
suffice. Of course that would require you taking responsibility for

your
slurs, something you aren't willing to do. Go ahead and defend your
racist attitude..we are used to it. We have to deal with it from the

Klan
all the time.

Whatever yawn

Yeah...that's what I thought you'd say. Typical. No worries...whatever
you put out comes back x3 so you just keep spewing hatred and
indifference..... good luck with that karma.

plonk

Old September 5th 03, 02:36 PM
bewtifulfreak

neza wrote:
"Agua Girl" wrote in message
et...

Right Molly...it's EVERYONE else who has the problem..not you. You
used nationality as a slur. It's not a big leap to assume you have
an issue with that nationality. It's the same as calling someone a
"stupid Mexican". It shows ignorance and hatred.....another way wars
are started. Maybe you didn't mean to put down Americans as a
whole but when you did.

I agree wholeheartedly. Whether or not you meant it just towards one
person, when you include someone's nationality in an insult, that infers
that the nationality is part of the insult. Otherwise, why not just call
the person a gob****e and be done with it? Not that I think insults should
be flung around newsgroups in the case of disagreement anyway, but I'm sadly
in the minority on that one.

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old September 5th 03, 02:50 PM
MaryL

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
neza wrote:
"Agua Girl" wrote in message
et...

[...]

I hope you're not in the minority. Name-calling simply cuts off rational
dialogue -- and usually reflects badly on the person hurling the ephithet
instead of the intended target.

MaryL