Dan Mahoney has Conan's Fate in his Hands

Old July 6th 05, 11:20 PM
Mary

"Candace" wrote :

I don't know what his involvement with Monica was Conan and I admit
it's odd that he didn't initially respond to Mary's emails after the
rescue but, if I were him, I don't think I would respond now. It's too
lame to try to defend yourself, especially if you think you were right,
and it just sounds like weak, BS excuses, so it's best to take the
"high ground" and let people deduce what they may.

One last thing, my friend: if Dan is taking the "high ground" I really
never want to see what the low ground is like.

Old July 6th 05, 11:27 PM
Philip

whitershadeofpale wrote:
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

I am very careful about who I accept money from, Philip. How about
you? My experience has been that people who are careless about
accepting money from strangers are careless about personal
responsibility in general.

Charlie

You still goin round and round with Philip.

I figured him out. He'll agree with you one something, and then raise a
"New Objection", there's got to be a word for this.

It gives one the impression they have changed his mind, so now, onto
the "New" objection..

I give you one clue. It's a yiddish word.

Old July 6th 05, 11:43 PM
Philip

Mary wrote:
"Candace" wrote in message
ps.com...

Charlie Wilkes wrote:

I am very careful about who I accept money from, Philip. How about
you? My experience has been that people who are careless about
accepting money from strangers are careless about personal
responsibility in general.

For the record, as I was following the Harri thread because it
initially sounded like she had what one of my cats has, Dan never
asked people for money. It's just a thing they do on rpca, *a lot*,
I've noticed. They even have a standing PayPal account set up to
donate money to any of the regulars on the group who need help, and
not just veterinary help but any sort of help...plane tickets to
visit family, etc. I assume Dan has probably donated to other people
in the past. But, actually, in his case with his sick cat recently,
no one kept a list of who donated specifically. From what I read,
when people called the vet's office to donate, they weren't even
asked their names, just their credit card number so he doesn't even
know who donated and they all know he doesn't know. At least that
prevents the "being beholden" thing. He does have a job and all, he
just had some bad luck lately work and personal problems. People
*wanted* to donate.

I don't know what his involvement with Monica was Conan and I
admit it's odd that he didn't initially respond to Mary's emails
after the rescue but, if I were him, I don't think I would respond
now. It's too lame to try to defend yourself, especially if you think
you were right, and it just sounds like weak, BS excuses, so it's
best to take the "high ground" and let people deduce what they may.
Some will always think he was involved; others will never think he
was involved. I doubt we will ever know what really happened that
day no matter how long we talk about it and try to figure it out.
It's an entertaining little mystery and I do feel bad that Conan is
not yet placed but as for Dan's "double agent" duty, we will probably
never know what occurred.

Candace

I know that Dan was involved, Candace. I cannot imagine anyone
having any doubt.

You have wild imaginings about EVERYTHING else ... why not here?

But you are entitled to your opinion, too. Still,
you know that the response of an innocent person would have
been an instant reply to the effect of "No, no, no! This is what
happened." That is what common sense dictates.

A *smart* person who is innocent and knowing the audience would not offer
any rebuttals in circumstances like these. Didn't Bill Clinton teach you
anything? Hahhahhaa

He is guilty.
He is a liar, and he is responsible for that cat still being in a
cage.

All assumptions. You have no knowledge.

Once one knows that someone is capable of this kind
of deceit it changes everything. (He is the man reflected in Conan's
left eye--his build and the shape of his big Irish head are
unmistakeable.)

You cannot see squat in the reflection in Conan's eyes.

Old July 6th 05, 11:55 PM
Candace

Mary wrote:

I know that Dan was involved, Candace. I cannot imagine anyone
having any doubt. But you are entitled to your opinion, too. Still,
you know that the response of an innocent person would have
been an instant reply to the effect of "No, no, no! This is what
happened." That is what common sense dictates. He is guilty.
He is a liar, and he is responsible for that cat still being in a
cage. Once one knows that someone is capable of this kind
of deceit it changes everything. (He is the man reflected in Conan's
left eye--his build and the shape of his big Irish head are
unmistakeable.)

I admitted it's odd he didn't respond to your emails. That alone would
make me think he did do the rescue. And Monica didn't deny Dan's
involvement in her post yesterday; she didn't really mention him at
all. I would think if she had no clue who he is she would have said
that. I'm just saying there are people who will never be
convinced...either way. I really don't think he "double-agented" to be
malicious. He just got convinced, somehow, that it was preferable to
give Conan to Monica's team rather than your team. I suppose it was
because he didn't want Charlie to get him and/or he and Monica really
fell for your smokescreen that Monday night when you said you were
withdrawing the $$ and couldn't save Conan (although I'm sure you told
him it was a smokescreen but Monica would not have known and must have
convinced him otherwise). I don't know. I can't think he's a creepy
person. You've read his posts for awhile, too, I know. He sounded
like a great guy. I know you thought that, too.

I think he just switched his loyalties and I have all along felt that
it was "wrong" of him to not respond to your emails and tell you that
he changed his mind (or tell you he didn't know what you meant, that
Conan really was gone when he got there). But I also think that
sometimes people just don't know how to respond so they put it off and
then it becomes too late. I don't think he's necessarily evil; I think
things just got out of hand. I'm sure he never thought he would be
discovered and that it would set off all this conjecture and detective
work here. I'm sure it's more than he originally bargained for.

I *do* think he picked up Conan (but I am not 100% positive). I *do*
think he should have told you the truth if he did. I *don't* think
he's an awful person, though, I think he got in over his head and the
plans backfired somewhat. And, I *do* feel bad about Conan. Both
Meghan's sis and the guy in SD sounded fine to me. I do think Conan
will get a home at some point (soon, I hope) and that he probably is
doing alright where he is, not having the time of his life, but not
miserable and I'm sure he won't die.

But I'm just saying, if I were in Dan's shoes, now at this point, I
wouldn't bother trying to defend myself no matter which version is the
truth because it would sound disingenuous. He probably has decided to
not respond and let the chips fall where they may.

Candace

Old July 7th 05, 12:05 AM
Trish

"Philip" wrote in message
link.net...

You cannot see squat in the reflection in Conan's eyes.

Squat Lobster Corn Chowder

Serves: 6
Preparation Time:20 Minutes
Cooking Time:20 Minutes

30 ounces lobster stock
2 ears of corn
1 medium yucca - small dice
1 small onion - small dice
12 ounces Squat Lobster Chunks
2 ounces butter
cilantro leaves
salt and pepper - to taste
4 ounces heavy cream
1 can cream corn

1. Remove kernels from ear of corn. Sauté onion and kernels in butter, add
ear of cleaned corn, can of cream corn, yucca and lobster stock.
Simmer for 20- 30 minutes and remove ears and puree roughly

2. Add frozen Lobster Chunks.

3. When the lobster is cooked add cream and season.

4. Serve with cilantro leaves as garnish on top of soup and corn bread
sticks.

Old July 7th 05, 12:36 AM
whitershadeofpale

Mary wrote:
his build and the shape of his big Irish head are
unmistakeable.)

lol

Old July 7th 05, 01:12 AM
Mary

"Candace" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mary wrote:

[...]

I understand you, and I agree. I don't think Dan is a bad person.
I do think that he has done a bad thing. As for his response or lack
of one, he has no defense, so he has no choice.

As soon as I have proof that this cat is out of a cage and living
in a good home I will drop the whole thing. It is all I care about
and all I have ever cared about.

Old July 7th 05, 01:22 AM
Philip

Mary wrote:
"Candace" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mary wrote:

[...]

What a HUGE fabrication.

Old July 7th 05, 01:28 AM
-L.

Philip wrote:

What a HUGE fabrication.

It's really hysterical at this point - not in a ha-ha way, though. If
there ever was a case of OCD documented through Usenet, this is it.

-L.

Old July 7th 05, 01:38 AM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Philip wrote:

What a HUGE fabrication.

It's really hysterical at this point - not in a ha-ha way, though. If
there ever was a case of OCD documented through Usenet, this is it.

You bet. And you should know, Mama Hoss.

Meanwhile, try not to hate me because:

1. My husband does not drive a pickup
2. I can see
3. I don't spend my day wiping asses and greasy little mouths,
doing laundry and playing wifey to the breadwinner
4. And last but not least: whatever happens in Usenet is okay
by me. All of it, any of it, I just love a free-for-all.

Carry on, Lynnie. I don't generally rubberneck at accidents but
you are one train wreck I am enjoying.