Lester Hits a Minor Snag

Old December 7th 03, 11:41 AM
badwilson

Still purring for Lester. The picture is great, Vino sits like that on our
railing behind the couch in the living room. Check out
http://tinyurl.com/y3kd
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
I've been faithfully doing the nose-tube feedings for Lester every four

hours.
Don't even mind getting up for the 2:30AM session. I have him up to 11-12

cc.
without problems.

Went to do the 6:30PM feeding tonight and couldn't get any food in. Put a
fair amount of pressure on the syringe, and blew one of the external
connections apart, which has happened once in a while. Not a big deal.

But
try as I might, I couldn't get anything through the tube. It's jammed

tight.

Called the veterinary facility, and they suggested using an empty syringe

for
suction, to try and dislodge the jam. Nope...didn't work. They let me

come
right over. Fairly miserable Friday rush hour traffic, but we got there.
The techs worked for 20 minutes, and couldn't unjam the tube.

The surgeon was called, and has decided that as Lester has been faithfully

fed
on schedule, missing several won't be a big deal. (That's not my opinion,
considering the pitiful amount of nutrition this schedule represents.)

She'll
look at him in the morning. They offered to keep Lester overnight, and

after
hemming and hawing I decided to leave him there in hopes that he'll be

seen
sooner rather than later.

So now I'll be up all night worrying. With luck, I'll be able to pick him

up
noonish after my bicycle club ride.

BTW, I found possibly the most interesting picture I'd ever taken of him,
which I'd been tearing the house apart to find. This won me third prize

in my
usual vet's first photography contest - the winning two shots (inferor to

mine) were blasted kittens. Ever since that time, I've good naturedly

called
Lester "Loser".

http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/...erOnLadder.jpg

Art

Art
Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at

this ISP to reach me

Old December 7th 03, 03:27 PM
Arthur Shapiro

In article , "badwilson" wrote:
Still purring for Lester. The picture is great, Vino sits like that on our
railing behind the couch in the living room.

Neat!...what a cute kitty and a nice (and familiar) pose.