Attention to >>>Phil P<<< Food question

Old September 12th 05, 01:30 AM
Candace Gale

Default Attention to >>>Phil P<<< Food question

According to my vet, my year old female cat has constipation caused by
a fever that somehow dried the bowels. The fever is being treated and
she's being given an IV of fluids to rehydrate her. She's also been
given a laxative.
Lets say the treatment works and she passes stolls again.

My question is: what kind of food has the least amount of bulk in it?
I'm guessing that all things being equal, it's best to feed my cat a
food with the least bulk fiber in it. That way her body has less work
to do to pass it.

Thanks for reading this.
Old September 12th 05, 09:25 AM
Phil P.

"Candace Gale" wrote in message
According to my vet, my year old female cat has constipation caused by
a fever that somehow dried the bowels. The fever is being treated and
she's being given an IV of fluids to rehydrate her. She's also been
given a laxative.
Lets say the treatment works and she passes stolls again.

My question is: what kind of food has the least amount of bulk in it?
I'm guessing that all things being equal, it's best to feed my cat a
food with the least bulk fiber in it. That way her body has less work
to do to pass it.

Thanks for reading this.

I would go with a good quality meat-based canned food. Canned food is
generally more digestible than an equal quality dry food and supplies more
water- which will keep the cat well hydrated. Even though cats fed dry food
drink
more water, their total water intake is less than cats fed canned food.

Science Diet Turkey, SD Turkey & Giblets, PetGuard Rabbit, PG Chicken,
Wysong Chicken Gourmet, the entire Fancy Feast Marinated line, FF Grilled
Chicken in Gravy Feast, FF Seafood Filets Tuna & Oceanfish, and Wellness
Chicken are all good diets and provide an interesting variety for your cat.

Good luck,

Phil.

Old September 12th 05, 12:30 PM
Candace Gale

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 04:25:45 -0400, "Phil P."
wrote:

"Candace Gale" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thanks. I hope my vet has good news later today.