OK, this is just...

Old October 4th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default OK, this is just...

On Oct 3, 1:44 pm, mlbriggs wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:37:47 -0500, CatNipped wrote:
...acting out!

We bought a covered litter box to put in Archer's kennel (the lid snaps onto
the box so he can't knock it off). It has a door with a flap and a little
plastic grill-like shelf just inside the door that serves three purposes:
1) it helps him get in and out; 2) it helps get the litter off his paws as
he's walking out; and 3) it keeps him from "shoveling" the litter out in
mass amounts like he was doing with the uncovered box. We also bought a
grooved plastic mat to put outside the opening to the box so that litter
won't get scattered across the plastic tray that's the bottom of the kennel.
[OK, add another $65 to the bill for this fiasco!]

We've got all of our bases covered, right? Wrong! Now his trick is to go
and sit in his water dish until he gets nice and soaked, and *then* he goes
and rolls around in his litter box so that he's covered with clumping
litter. Mommy immediately takes him out of the cage to clean him (and his
cast) off. Ding, ding, ding - Archer wins another round and gets out of his
cage!

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! It hasn't even been a week and I have 5 to 7 weeks
left to go!!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! They're coming to take
me away ha ha, he he, ho ho!

Perhaps a drip bottle -- like in hamster cages --would work better than a
bowl of water. Just a suggestion. MLB- Hide quoted text -

That could be a pretty good idea. The drip will supply him with enough
water (he may have to work at it, but it'll
keep him busy).

Sherry

Old October 4th 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Oct 3, 2:37 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! It hasn't even been a week and I have 5 to 7 weeks
left to go!!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! They're coming to take
me away ha ha, he he, ho ho!

He's such a little rascal!! On the other hand, he's keeping us
endlessly entertained
with stories, although it's not so funny on your end.

Poor Archer! Poor Mommy! Keep the stories coming. And pictures. I'd
love
to see pictures of this.

Jane
- owned and operated by the much more tame Princess Rita

Old October 4th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 3, 2:28 pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! It hasn't even been a week and I have 5 to 7 weeks
left to go!!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! They're coming to take
me away ha ha, he he, ho ho!

How about restricting the area of the water bowl he can get to? It could
be a bit of a challenge, but if either of you is at all creative it could
be an interesting project.

How about this: get a partial sheet of thin plywood. Cut it into a circle
that just fits into the water bowl (I know, cutting a circle that looks
fairly clean is a pain). Then cut a pie-shaped wedge into the circle that
would allow Archer to get his face into the water. Place 3 or 4 small
wooden blocks in the water dish to support this wooden disk just above the
surface of the water. This would give Archer access to his water without
enough room to get his body in there, and would be strong enough to
support him if he decided to sit on top of his water dish.

Kind of like a baby chick feeder, only for cats.:-)
Actually, a baby chick waterer might work, if you could somehow
stabilize it
where he could not turn it over.

Sherry

Old October 4th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

I'll probably get flamed for this, and you *know* I treat cats about
as well as some people treat their children.
But, if that boy were mine he might push me too far and find his
orange butt out in a kennel out in the garage.
The weather is mild now, and he won't like it, but it would make clean-
up far easier.
Actually, since my cats' outdoor time got restricted so much, they
love "playing" in the garage. Maybe his bro.
could hang out in there too, while you're at work.
Just trying to help. :-) I really feel bad for you. There's not much
worse than coming home from work, tired, and facing
an awful mess to clean up.

Sherry

Old October 4th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

On Oct 4, 7:45 am, Sherry wrote:
[...]

Sherry- Hide quoted text -

Actually, it's more convenient for me to have him in the great room.
From 6PM (when I get finished all my after work chores - including

cleaning his cage) until 9PM (when I'm off to bed - I get up at 5AM) I
hold him on my lap and pet him while I watch TV (OK, so *why* am I so
surprised when he does everything in his power to get me to take him
out of his cage? ;). If he has to use his litter box or wants a
snack or a drink I can just set him down for a few minutes. As long
as he's laying on my lap he's very quiet and doesn't try to run around
or climb on anything.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 6th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

WOW. Just WOW. I am speechless. Purrs that he becomes saner soon.

Old October 7th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Lots and lots of hugs and purrs for you, CN,
Polonca and Soncek