Anyone Else

Old June 10th 10, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Anyone Else

When you are visiting someone else's home, being very careful as you
leave not to let any furry four foots out the door with you. And you
know perfectly well they don't have any furry four foots? That
backwards sidle out the door must look really weird to non pet owners.

Jo

Old June 10th 10, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

When you are visiting someone else's home, being very careful as you leave
not to let any furry four foots out the door with you. And you know
perfectly well they don't have any furry four foots? That backwards sidle
out the door must look really weird to non pet owners.

Jo

Goood advice
Love
Kyla

Old June 10th 10, 06:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jofirey wrote:

When you are visiting someone else's home, being very careful as you
leave not to let any furry four foots out the door with you. And you
know perfectly well they don't have any furry four foots? That
backwards sidle out the door must look really weird to non pet owners.

LOL! On the other hand, when I'm leaving a home where the people really
want me to be careful not to let their flight-risk kitties dash out, I
assure them that I'm very experienced at that!

Joyce

--
Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own
sensuality, we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old June 10th 10, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Jofirey wrote:
When you are visiting someone else's home, being very careful as you
leave not to let any furry four foots out the door with you. And you
know perfectly well they don't have any furry four foots? That
backwards sidle out the door must look really weird to non pet owners.

Jo

Almost as weird as your habit of speaking to unexpected people knocking
on your own door through a narrow opening, occasionally waving a foot
behind you to ward off an adventurous and curious cat.

I'm sure that gives rise to rumours about my...I mean, some
people's...mental competency.

--
Cheryl P.
Old June 11th 10, 12:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote in message
When you are visiting someone else's home, being very careful as you leave
not to let any furry four foots out the door with you.

Jo

If I knew they had pets that were likely to escape I'd appreciate fair
warning. I tell every service person who enters this house: KEEP THE DOOR
CLOSED. I know Persia is somewhat of a fraidy-cat when it comes to
strangers so usually she hides. OTOH, sometimes when someone knocks she
runs towards the door like "It's for me!" LOL So I can't stress enough if
you have service people - plumbers, electricians, whatever - going in and
out: tell them to keep the door closed!

Jill

Old June 11th 10, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

My main entry has three doors so unless someone leaves all three open
there is no way Tiger would get out. Actually, he doesn't even try and
Amber has never shown any interest.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old June 11th 10, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

"Jofirey" wrote in message
When you are visiting someone else's home, being very careful as you leave
not to let any furry four foots out the door with you.

Jo

If I knew they had pets that were likely to escape I'd appreciate fair
warning. I tell every service person who enters this house: KEEP THE DOOR
CLOSED. I know Persia is somewhat of a fraidy-cat when it comes to
strangers so usually she hides. OTOH, sometimes when someone knocks she
runs towards the door like "It's for me!" LOL So I can't stress enough if
you have service people - plumbers, electricians, whatever - going in and
out: tell them to keep the door closed!

In my experience, people who don't have to think about this can't be
counted on to remember to do it *each and every time* the door is opened.
And that's how much you have to do it - after all, it only takes one
slip-up for a determined kitty to get out.

I had two friends cat-sit for me once, and they stayed overnight in my
apartment. These are both serious cat people and they had lots of experience
with cats. But apparently, not with cats who try to dash out the door. One
of them was standing in the open doorway just a little too long, and Smudge
(who wasn't allowed out to roam free back then) streaked through the door
before they could catch her. Retrieving her was a long, stressful process,
involving coaxing a terrified cat out from under a car, getting bitten twice
and then peed on.

Joyce

--
Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old June 13th 10, 01:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

"Jofirey" wrote in message
[...]

I just recently had the HVAC unit in my house replaced. Those guys were
tramping in and out for hours. Going up in the attic and working outside.
The first thing I did when they got here was tell them KEEP THE DOOR CLOSED.
And they did. It's not that much to ask, really.

Jill

Old June 14th 10, 05:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"jmcquown" wrote in message
wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

"Jofirey" wrote in message
[...]

It's not much to ask, but Joyce's point is well taken. All it takes is one
forgetful moment. Holly and Duffy show absolutely no interest in "the great
outdoors." Nevertheless, I either station myself close to the door so I can
look up and check to make sure that service people have not forgotten, or I
close them in the sunroom when I am having work done.

MaryL

Old June 14th 10, 06:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
rhelsenborg

On 6/11/2010 4:21 AM, jmcquown wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote in message
When you are visiting someone else's home, being very careful as you
leave not to let any furry four foots out the door with you.

Jo

If I knew they had pets that were likely to escape I'd appreciate fair
warning. I tell every service person who enters this house: KEEP THE
DOOR CLOSED. I know Persia is somewhat of a fraidy-cat when it comes to
strangers so usually she hides. OTOH, sometimes when someone knocks she
runs towards the door like "It's for me!" LOL So I can't stress enough
if you have service people - plumbers, electricians, whatever - going in
and out: tell them to keep the door closed!

Jill

Even better temporarily place them in a bedroom for a while. Why take
any chances? I do this when workmen come to my apartment all the time.

rh