New kitten.........

Old June 12th 10, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default New kitten.........

On Jun 11, 6:10 pm, "Kelly Greene" wrote:
We stopped at Petco today while we were in town. I spied a dear
little blue
eyed flame point Siamese kitten in one of the cages. He looked so
sad. His
brother was adopted yesterday leaving him all alone. He's about 7
weeks old
and neutered already.

We went about our business, ran our errands, but he stuck in my mind
all
day.

After getting home, I went back the 25 miles and got him. Poor
little guy
hid in terror under the desk in old office. He finally came out and
let us
play with and pet him. Tomorrow he goes to the vet for a checkup and
tests.
I have 10 days to decide if I want to keep him or not. I'll see how
he works
out with the girls. Right now I'm keeping them separated. No history
was
known about him and his brother.

I am so smitten with this kitten.

We have not yet named him.

I just peeked in the office and he's sleeping in his fluffy little
bed.

Life as you know it is about to change. A Siamese is almost as
different from other cats and a cat is from a dog. Not better or
worse, just definitely different. Not that all Siamese are alike by
any means. But they all have tons of personality, and hardly any of
them will go off and take a nice long nap and shut up when you would
like them to. Also those under the age of five or six cannot get the
grasp of gravity.

Jo

Old June 12th 10, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Kelly Greene" wrote:
That' very understandable. How could she separate them? Bless her for
taking both at the time.

I too went to a local shelter last fall to adopt one kitten or cat. I came
home with a 7 month old and 6 wk old kitten. Both females. They're
inseparable.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Feb10044ab.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ya/Feb2002.jpg

Rusty will have two step-sisters as soon as he gets back from the vet today.

They're adorable!!! They're both so pretty, and the brown one is also
exotic. She seems to be slightly pointed, and has quite a tail.
Old June 12th 10, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
That's how my sister got her first two cats, years ago. She went to the
local shelter to find *one* kitten. Peaches reached out and tapped her
on the shoulder--so the kitten literally selected my sister and said,
"You're mine." But this was a tiny little kitten with one littermate.
My sister could not bear to separate them, so she adopted both! The
kittens were really too young to have been separated from the mother
under ordinary circumstances, but the mother had been killed on the road
and these two little ones were found beside the road. Peaches lived to
be 20 years old (the same as my first cat). Her brother died several
years earlier.

MaryL

--

They're adorable. And look at those mittens--one set white and one brown.

I see the new kitten already has a name. Rusty? I like that.

MaryL

Old June 12th 10, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

: Yes. He's still outside but stopped attacking my ankles when I walk
away from him. He's controlling his anxiety and frustration much better.
Or he'll grab my leg but not bite or claw me. Tomorrow a woman from a
rescue will try and get him adopted out at a local large pet store. She
feels he needs to be an ONLY cat as he'd be much less inclined to mark or
spray indoors. She may have something there. If that fails..... we'll
look for an outdoor home for him. His need for attention is insatiable.
He'd do great with a bunch of kids as he never tires of being petted or
carried around. He would also make a great pet for a lonely person who
would spend most of their time with him in their lap.

I have to disagree with the woman at the pet store who thinks he would be
less inclined to mark or spray indoors if he is an only cat. He should be
neutered ASAP, and that is usually the solution to spraying. Go to a vet
who has experience with spay or neuter at a young age, and you should not
have any problems. With regard to behavior, that can be solved by doing a
very slow, careful introduction to your other cats. In other words, don't
just toss them together and expect it to "work itself out." That's what I
did when I adopted Duffy, after years of thinking that Holly had to be an
only cat because she would attack any other cat in my vicinity. They are
now good buddies.

MaryL

Old June 12th 10, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kelly Greene wrote:

I too went to a local shelter last fall to adopt one kitten or cat. I came
home with a 7 month old and 6 wk old kitten. Both females. They're
inseparable.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Feb10044ab.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ya/Feb2002.jpg

They're both beautiful! The grey one looks very affectionate.

Joyce

--
May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.
Old June 13th 10, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

[...]

I've already mentioned several times that *he was neutered.* At the same
time he was wormed, wounds treated, de-flead, ears cleaned, nails clipped
and got his rabies shot.

and that is usually the solution to spraying. Go to a vet
who has experience with spay or neuter at a young age, and you should not
have any problems.

BoiKat was already neutered by my vet. He's between 1 and 2 years old the
vet said. His bill came to $150.

With regard to behavior, that can be solved by doing a
very slow, careful introduction to your other cats. In other words,
don't just toss them together and expect it to "work itself out." That's
what I did when I adopted Duffy, after years of thinking that Holly had
to be an only cat because she would attack any other cat in my vicinity.
They are now good buddies.

That was not an issue.

MaryL

--

Sorry...I do a lot of skimming and don't read all of the messages. I see
now that you were responding to Sherry's message about a different cat

MaryL

Old June 13th 10, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Jofirey" wrote:
Life as you know it is about to change. A Siamese is almost as
different from other cats and a cat is from a dog. Not better or
worse, just definitely different. Not that all Siamese are alike by
any means. But they all have tons of personality, and hardly any of
them will go off and take a nice long nap and shut up when you would
like them to. Also those under the age of five or six cannot get the
grasp of gravity.

I hope then that whoever shows up next on Tweed's doorstep is a
Siamese. That'll teach her a lesson.
Old June 13th 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Kelly Greene" wrote:
Yes he is. I can't wait for the vet to check him so we can let him out
of the old office. My girls know he's in there and want to meet him. Both
get along with other cats very well.

That sounds very cute. They should be careful what they wish for.
Old June 13th 10, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 13, 12:14*pm, Takayuki wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote:
Life as you know it is about to change. *A Siamese is almost as
different from other cats and a cat is from a dog. *Not better or
worse, just definitely different. *Not that all Siamese are alike by
any means. *But they all have tons of personality, and hardly any of
them will go off and take a nice long nap and shut up when you would
like them to. *Also those under the age of five or six cannot get the
grasp of gravity.

I hope then that whoever shows up next on Tweed's doorstep is a
Siamese. *That'll teach her a lesson.

LOL! Siamese are the bossiest cats ever. I remember just wishing Luke
would shut up for five minutes. He meowed all the time. He wasn't
really
wanting anything. He was just communicating.
But that was back when I had teenagers backtalking me too. I might
enjoy
the conversation now.
At cat shows, you ALWAYS knew where the Siamese were benched.
Luke was a whole lot like a dog in a lot of ways. He had to be in the
middle of everything. He needed a lot of attention. He was a neat cat.

Sherry
Old June 13th 10, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Jofirey" wrote:
[...]

Luke sounds like a neat cat! Is Frank anything like that too?