Holly's furdoption day

Old November 25th 12, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Holly's furdoption day

"Sherry" wrote in message

Happy Adoption Day to Sweet Holly. I have always marveled at how much
younger she looks in her pictures than she really is.

Sherry

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks. She also acts younger than she is. She still has incredible grace
and flexibility. She will rest on top of the chair in the corner of my
bedroom, then gracefully leap to my bed--she never bothers to get down on
the floor and walk over. It has only been in the last year that I have
started to notice some signs of aging--loss of weight, especially, although
her vet says she has maintained her weight far better than most cats of her
age.

MaryL

Old November 25th 12, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message
Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is Holly's furdoption day. She came into my life 17
years ago the day after USA Thanksgiving, and it has truly been
thanksgiving for me ever since.

MaryL

Boyfie sends her some shrimpies ). in celebration.
What a lucky girl she was.
Tweed

Old November 28th 12, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chak

"MaryL" wrote in
:

Eleven is really not all that old. My other cat, Duffy, is 14 years
old and in excellent health. My first cat lived to be 20 and did not
show any signs of aging until he was 18.5 years old. So, take good
care of Doc, get good veterinary care, and don't let anyone tell you
to stop giving him optimum care because he's "too old." I hear that
all the time--some people think 7 or 8 is "old" and just accept
slowing down as an inevitable sign of aging, when it's not. I do know
what you mean by that feeling of sadness. I often get that same
feeling.

I think the people who think 7 or 8 is old must overfeed their cats. An
overweight cat doesn't play as much.

Chak

--
I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to
seriously re-evaluate your life.

Duffy's 9th furdoption day and 14th birthday MaryL[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 February 1st 12 06:14 AM
Duffy's 8th furdoption day and 13th purrday MaryL Cat anecdotes 11 February 1st 11 09:52 AM
It's Holly's adoption anniversary again MaryL Cat anecdotes 5 November 23rd 07 06:31 AM
Holly's gift MaryL Cat anecdotes 4 October 24th 03 07:01 AM
Holly's gift MaryL Cat anecdotes 1 October 20th 03 02:47 PM