Lester - Bad News

Old November 30th 03, 02:15 AM
KatGrrrrl99

I'm so sorry for you & I know when Lester does pass.....he will know he is
loved.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vincent 6/27/01
Dorothy 6/4/03

Quitters never win, and winners never quit, but those who never quit AND never
win are idiots.

Old November 30th 03, 04:10 AM
Victor Martinez

I am so sorry to hear this. We'll keep purring for you and for Lester.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 30th 03, 04:28 AM
Marina

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote

So I guess we'll continue to dote on him and make his life as happy as
possible for whatever time we have left. He does not show any particular
signs of being unhappy or in distress.

I'm sorry about the bad news you've had. I know you have to prepare for the
worst, but we will still be purring for Lester to be the exception, and stay
with you for a long time.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 30th 03, 04:38 AM
fuga =^o^=

I am so sorry to hear this. This is so sad. I can only begin to imagine
how you are feeling.

Hugggggggggggggggs.

Fuga

Old November 30th 03, 04:42 AM
Brenda

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
The question for Lester, besides the improbability of surviving the

surgery
itself, which he obviously did, was whether the surgen was forced to

remove
too much of the bile duct system for the cat to survive. She thought it

was
close, but knew it was iffy.

Today he had his followup appointment. She looked inside his ear, and it

was
slightly yellow. That's it...no testing necessary, no blood work...Lester

has
lost the battle.

She estimates he'll give up within a week or two, although it will not be
painful. There is a small possibility that he could unexpectedly perish

any
time, but the most expected outcome is that we will realize that the time

will
have come and have to have him put down. A small percentage of cats

survive
for months with this increased billirubin (sp?) problem, but those are the
extreme exception.

At least I've been given the go-ahead to up the feeding, from 5 cc. to 8

cc.
today, and 10 cc. thereafter. But he will not put on the weight - there's
apparently too much inoperable cancer left around the diaphram area, which

didn't realize was so severe.

So I guess we'll continue to dote on him and make his life as happy as
possible for whatever time we have left. He does not show any particular
signs of being unhappy or in distress.

Art
Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at

this ISP to reach me

I'm so sorry! I know only too well what it's like when your beloved pet is
near the end of his life. Keep him comfortable and loved as long as you
can - most likely, he'll let you know when he's ready to go.
comforting purrs,
Brenda

Old November 30th 03, 05:34 AM
LOL

[...]

apparently too much inoperable cancer left around the diaphram area, which I
didn't realize was so severe.

So I guess we'll continue to dote on him and make his life as happy as
possible for whatever time we have left. He does not show any particular
signs of being unhappy or in distress.

Art
Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at this ISP to reach me

I am terribly sorry to read this; please give him a gentle scritch for
us. We are sending hugs for you all, and purrs that his time left
will be peaceful and pain-free.
------
Krista
Old November 30th 03, 06:00 AM
Christine Burel

My heart aches for you and your household, Arthur -- biggest, best purrs for
Lester's final days with you to be as happy as possible for him; you have
done all you could for him and beyond. I'm sure he knows how much you all
love him and is as content as he could be now to be back home with you.
all our best purrs and hugs to you,
Christine, Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old November 30th 03, 10:31 AM
polonca12000

I'm so very sorry about the bad news after all you two had gone through,
Art.
Lots of best wishes, hopes and purrs that your time with Lester is enjoyable
and that he stays with you for quite some time in spite what the vet says,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old November 30th 03, 10:42 AM
Adrian

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry to read this Arthur, you did everything you could for Lester.
I'm sure he knows how much you love him, purrs for you for the strength to
cope.
--
Adrian
"The Cat. He walked by himself, and all places were alike to him."

Old November 30th 03, 12:28 PM
badwilson

I'm so sorry to hear this. Many purrs for Lester and for you.
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply