Archer is in the dog house

Old October 2nd 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Archer is in the dog house

Actually, it's a kennel, but man am I mad at him.

Archer does *NOT* like being caged up and last night, while we were
sleeping, he threw the granddaddy of all temper tantrums. When I went
upstairs this morning I found he had thrown *all* of the litter (and
everything that was *in* the litter) out of his litter box onto the floor of
the kennel - his dry food bowl was filled with litter. Then he overturned
his canned food bowl and smeared it all over the bottom of the cage, mixing
it well with the litter (and other stuff). Then he overturned his water
dish so that part of the litter on the bottom of the kennel was clumped up.
The he pushed his lamb's wool bed all over the bottom of the kennel until it
was well covered in.... well I don't like to think about what it was covered
in!

Before I could even start to get ready for work I had to strip down the
kennel, clean it and everything in it, clean Archer, clean Archer's cast,
and then refill his litter box and food/water bowls. I was finishing
feeding the other cats when I walked by his cage and saw him in the middle
of throwing out all the litter from his litter box again! ARGH!!!!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old October 2nd 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 2, 9:02 am, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

Well, Archer's definitely not a happy cat and he's letting you know in
the only way he knows how!
What a mess it sounds like that was.
When you think about it, that's pretty smart of him. He knows how to
get your attention.
How much longer will it be before he can safely be let out of the
kennel?

Sherry

Old October 2nd 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Grace

Oh Catnipped, I knew that he wanted out of that cage as soon as I saw
the photos of him and Ozzy, playing with that can. (Actually, I think
that Ozzy was attempting to slip him a file so that he could break
out.) Please be patient with the poor little Poopster. It's gotta be
tough, being in the lockup and not being able to participate in
household life. It WILL get better.......NOT! ;-)

Love and tons of patience, to you and the Fur-family,
Grace

Old October 2nd 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yep - I can't let him live in that mess. But I have no choice when I'm at
work or asleep - and I don't want to board him for 6 to 8 weeks without the
companionship of his bro-fur or us.

What a mess it sounds like that was.
When you think about it, that's pretty smart of him. He knows how to
get your attention.
How much longer will it be before he can safely be let out of the
kennel?

Until he gets his cast off - at lease *6 weeks*, maybe *8*!!! : I talked
to the vet yesterday, I was hoping that after a week or two the break would
be healed enough to let him out - but the vet said no, the break was such
that even after a few weeks if he hit it right it could re-break it even
worse than it originally was.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sherry

Old October 2nd 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Grace" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh Catnipped, I knew that he wanted out of that cage as soon as I saw
the photos of him and Ozzy, playing with that can. (Actually, I think
that Ozzy was attempting to slip him a file so that he could break
out.) Please be patient with the poor little Poopster. It's gotta be
tough, being in the lockup and not being able to participate in
household life. It WILL get better.......NOT! ;-)

I let him out at night when I'm home and he will usually sit quietly on the
sofa next to me. I know he doesn't understand why he has to be locked up -
it's a painful situation all around! :

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 2nd 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Normin

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Grace" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

What if you put Ozzy in the kennel with Archer? Maybe he'd be
happier that way?

just a thought
Sara

Old October 2nd 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Have you tried switching to shredded paper for his litter box (run newspaper
through a shredder, not one of the cross cut, but a simple length cut - or
cut with a scissor, tear by hand)? I know it won't help when he dumps the
poo & pee out, but it would be less mess itself to clean up.

--
http://www.firstgiving.com/nalee1131964
About my charity:

Old October 2nd 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Oct 2, 11:45 am, "CatNipped" wrote:

Until he gets his cast off - at lease *6 weeks*, maybe *8*!!! : I talked
to the vet yesterday, I was hoping that after a week or two the break would
be healed enough to let him out - but the vet said no, the break was such
that even after a few weeks if he hit it right it could re-break it even
worse than it originally was.

Hugs,

CatNipped

I know it's drastic, but is it possible to drug him up a little to
keep him quiet?
For what it's worth, it's obvious that he's feeling a lot better.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Old October 2nd 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Jane" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 2, 11:45 am, "CatNipped" wrote:

Until he gets his cast off - at lease *6 weeks*, maybe *8*!!! : I
talked
to the vet yesterday, I was hoping that after a week or two the break
would
be healed enough to let him out - but the vet said no, the break was such
that even after a few weeks if he hit it right it could re-break it even
worse than it originally was.

Hugs,

CatNipped

I know it's drastic, but is it possible to drug him up a little to
keep him quiet?
For what it's worth, it's obvious that he's feeling a lot better.

I thought about that - but keeping on drugs for 6 weeks would be scary for
me, I'd be afraid he's have withdrawals afterwards!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 2nd 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Normin" wrote in message
news:ysydnetsv4CT9J_anZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Grace" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh Catnipped, I knew that he wanted out of that cage as soon as I saw
the photos of him and Ozzy, playing with that can. (Actually, I think
that Ozzy was attempting to slip him a file so that he could break
out.) Please be patient with the poor little Poopster. It's gotta be
tough, being in the lockup and not being able to participate in
household life. It WILL get better.......NOT! ;-)

I let him out at night when I'm home and he will usually sit quietly on
the sofa next to me. I know he doesn't understand why he has to be
locked up - it's a painful situation all around! :

Hugs,

CatNipped

Love and tons of patience, to you and the Fur-family,
Grace

What if you put Ozzy in the kennel with Archer? Maybe he'd be happier
that way?

No, with Ozzy in the kennel there'd be twice the bad (and 1/4 the food for
Archer - Ozzy is a big eater). I'd hate to think what the two of them
together could do - wrestling each other would be the least of it!

Hugs,

CatNipped

just a thought
Sara