OK, this is just...

Old October 3rd 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OK, this is just...

....acting out!

We bought a covered litter box to put in Archer's kennel (the lid snaps onto
the box so he can't knock it off). It has a door with a flap and a little
plastic grill-like shelf just inside the door that serves three purposes:
1) it helps him get in and out; 2) it helps get the litter off his paws as
he's walking out; and 3) it keeps him from "shoveling" the litter out in
mass amounts like he was doing with the uncovered box. We also bought a
grooved plastic mat to put outside the opening to the box so that litter
won't get scattered across the plastic tray that's the bottom of the kennel.
[OK, add another $65 to the bill for this fiasco!]

We've got all of our bases covered, right? Wrong! Now his trick is to go
and sit in his water dish until he gets nice and soaked, and *then* he goes
and rolls around in his litter box so that he's covered with clumping
litter. Mommy immediately takes him out of the cage to clean him (and his
cast) off. Ding, ding, ding - Archer wins another round and gets out of his
cage!

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! It hasn't even been a week and I have 5 to 7 weeks
left to go!!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! They're coming to take
me away ha ha, he he, ho ho!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old October 3rd 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:37:47 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Perhaps a drip bottle -- like in hamster cages --would work better than a
bowl of water. Just a suggestion. MLB

Old October 3rd 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

LOL - Please, keep the suggestions coming! Obviously I need all the help I
can get!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 3rd 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! It hasn't even been a week and I have 5 to 7 weeks
left to go!!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! They're coming to take
me away ha ha, he he, ho ho!

How about restricting the area of the water bowl he can get to? It could
be a bit of a challenge, but if either of you is at all creative it could
be an interesting project.

How about this: get a partial sheet of thin plywood. Cut it into a circle
that just fits into the water bowl (I know, cutting a circle that looks
fairly clean is a pain). Then cut a pie-shaped wedge into the circle that
would allow Archer to get his face into the water. Place 3 or 4 small
wooden blocks in the water dish to support this wooden disk just above the
surface of the water. This would give Archer access to his water without
enough room to get his body in there, and would be strong enough to
support him if he decided to sit on top of his water dish.

Old October 3rd 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

I'd think that was off the wall, except that our cats really like the thing
like that we have on an outdoor faucet supposedly for the dog. Camille
likes it too only its 10 inches off the ground so while she gets her drink,
she also gets a bit wet.

Jo

Old October 3rd 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Grace

That little purr-box is so innovative! I'm really impressed with him
Catnipped, and can't wait to see what kind of *Mommie Torture* he
devises next. I know that I shouldn't giggle over it, but I just
cannot help myself---he's so darned cute, and smart to boot. The
*Archer Chronicles* are the highlight of my day. :-)

Hugs and Purrs to the Beleaguered Mommie,
Grace

Old October 3rd 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"CatNipped" wrote in message

snip

We've got all of our bases covered, right? Wrong! Now his trick is to go
and sit in his water dish until he gets nice and soaked, and *then* he
goes and rolls around in his litter box so that he's covered with clumping
litter. Mommy immediately takes him out of the cage to clean him (and his
cast) off. Ding, ding, ding - Archer wins another round and gets out of
his cage!

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! It hasn't even been a week and I have 5 to 7
weeks left to go!!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! They're coming
to take me away ha ha, he he, ho ho!

Litter that doesn't clump? Recycled newspaper, that stuff made out of wheat
husks, the silica gel stuff (I'd recommend that - great for smell and
sucking up water, but doens't clump) or the dirt cheap pebbly rocks....

Yowie

Old October 3rd 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
news
[...]

Gotcha! Good idea - I'll get DH working on this, thanks!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 3rd 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

CatNipped wrote:
"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

Maybe a bottle for you, I prefer brandy, then you won't care about the mess.
;o)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 4th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Yowie kirjoitti:

Litter that doesn't clump? Recycled newspaper, that stuff made out of wheat
husks, the silica gel stuff (I'd recommend that - great for smell and
sucking up water, but doens't clump) or the dirt cheap pebbly rocks....

Yowie

I was also thinking litter that doesn't clump. We use wood pellets that
turn into saw dust when they get wet, well, wet saw dust, obviously...
It can be used with a normal litter pan, but it's really best when used
with a double bottom pan where the bottom of the upper pan is like a
sieve that lets through the saw dust (used pellets), but not the whole
pellets. In the beginning we used to have pellets that were actually for
cats, but then we found the heating pellets, which were way cheaper. Not
sure if you have heating pellets there but I'm sure you have cat litter
pellets.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com