More strong storms

Old November 15th 05, 02:21 AM
Pat

Default More strong storms

It's starting again - huge t'storms here. Please purr for our safety. I have
to shut down the PC for now, so it doesn't get fried, and take cover as best
I can.

Old November 15th 05, 03:48 AM
Yoj

Purrs are on their way for the storms to peter out, or at least go out to
sea and die.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old November 15th 05, 05:25 AM
Takayuki

"Pat" wrote:
It's starting again - huge t'storms here. Please purr for our safety. I have
to shut down the PC for now, so it doesn't get fried, and take cover as best
I can.

That's very scary, Pat. You're probably not living in the safest
structure for storms. Purring that it passes safely.

Old November 15th 05, 08:06 AM
Pat

"Takayuki" wrote

That's very scary, Pat. You're probably not living in the safest
structure for storms. Purring that it passes safely.

It did. I fell asleep for a while, once the rumbling died down. But the real
bad stuff is supposed to happen in the morning.

Old November 15th 05, 08:06 AM
Pat

"Yoj" wrote in message
. net...
Purrs are on their way for the storms to peter out, or at least go out to
sea and die.

They've retreated for the moment but I just heard more thunder, so I'm going
back to bed.

Old November 15th 05, 01:49 PM
Ted Davis

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:21:46 -0600, "Pat"
wrote:

It's starting again - huge t'storms here. Please purr for our safety. I have
to shut down the PC for now, so it doesn't get fried, and take cover as best
I can.

It's been weird here (south central Missouri) too - so far this fall,
I've had lighting damage three times: the first time exploded the
surge arrestor for the phone line (I didn't realize this at the time),
the ssecond took out the modem, the third shorted out the new phone
line surge arrestor as well as taking out the incoming phone line (the
modem survived).

--
T.E.D. )
Old November 15th 05, 03:15 PM
Nan

wrote:

It's starting again - huge t'storms here. Please purr for our safety. I have
to shut down the PC for now, so it doesn't get fried, and take cover as best
I can.

It's been weird here (south central Missouri) too - so far this fall,
I've had lighting damage three times: the first time exploded the
surge arrestor for the phone line (I didn't realize this at the time),
the ssecond took out the modem, the third shorted out the new phone
line surge arrestor as well as taking out the incoming phone line (the
modem survived).

That's why I unplug my DSL modem from the phone and power lines during
a storm.

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.
Old November 15th 05, 03:22 PM
Pat

"Ted Davis" wrote

It's been weird here (south central Missouri) too - so far this fall,
I've had lighting damage three times: the first time exploded the
surge arrestor for the phone line (I didn't realize this at the time),
the ssecond took out the modem, the third shorted out the new phone
line surge arrestor as well as taking out the incoming phone line (the
modem survived).

Ted, you're not very far from us at all - Rolla, right? I am southwest of
you about 80 miles as the crow flies. It's quit raining for the time being
but I still hear thunder and we're in a tornado watch, as you are. I think
we'll have some more rough weather today, so watch your modem, etc.

After losing half a dozen internal modems in Missouri storms, I finally got
an external one, and the computer is plugged into a UPS/surge protector,
which is plugged into another surge protector, which is plugged into yet
another surge protector. At the first sign of lightning I shut off the modem
and yank the phone line out of it.

Old November 15th 05, 09:43 PM
Ted Davis

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:22:56 -0600, "Pat"
wrote:

"Ted Davis" wrote

It's been weird here (south central Missouri) too - so far this fall,
I've had lighting damage three times: the first time exploded the
surge arrestor for the phone line (I didn't realize this at the time),
the ssecond took out the modem, the third shorted out the new phone
line surge arrestor as well as taking out the incoming phone line (the
modem survived).

Ted, you're not very far from us at all - Rolla, right? I am southwest of
you about 80 miles as the crow flies. It's quit raining for the time being
but I still hear thunder and we're in a tornado watch, as you are. I think
we'll have some more rough weather today, so watch your modem, etc.

I work there, but I live due east of Rolla and due south of St. James
.... out in the boonies. The cats love it.

We got rain - and WIND - but hardly any lightening and no tornados.

After losing half a dozen internal modems in Missouri storms, I finally got
an external one, and the computer is plugged into a UPS/surge protector,
which is plugged into another surge protector, which is plugged into yet
another surge protector. At the first sign of lightning I shut off the modem
and yank the phone line out of it.

I've been living here for fourteen years - I lost one modem about
eight years ago. That's when I bought the surge arrestor that blew up
a couple of months ago. I've had more damage in a couple of months
than in the previous fourteen years.

--
T.E.D. )
Old November 15th 05, 09:55 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for everyone to stay safe,
Polonca and Soncek