please help

Old February 25th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default please help

hello, this is my first time posting, but the behavior of my cat is freaking
me out a bit.
Owen is a 6year old neutured, vaccinated (against everything possible as we
recently moved from Canada to France) and healthy although he is a bit pudgy.
He is fed a whole, abit small,and deboned, cooked fish on sundays and some
raw meat from the butcher mixed with cooked veggies once every one or two
weeks.
other then that he eats friskies wet food.
He has a shiny coat, bright eyes, no lumps on his body and a wet nose.
BUT, recently, when he is sleeping with me he will wake up and start doing
this really bizarre consistant meow whilst trying to claw me and get closer
to my face and making constant eye contact as though he needs to tell me
something, he will also smell strongly at this time. During after about one
or two minutes of this he will get up, jump off the bed and go to the corner
of the room and stare at me and blink repeatedly, then come back and go to
sleep.
This has only happened a few times since last Tuesday, but it's really weird.
Could it be a nightmare?
Could it be a seizure?
Has anyone experienced anything like this before?
Thanks
Old February 25th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we have been living in France for a few
months now and he seems to have adjusted really well.
thanks again
miss mado

Old February 25th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:40:20 GMT, "miss mado" u19111@uwe wrote:

[...]

This is actually quite common among cats as spoiled as yours. He is
telling you that you have overcooked the fish for the past few
Sundays.

You mentioned that he smells strongly... what does he smell like?

Charlie
Old February 25th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

miss mado wrote:
hello, this is my first time posting, but the behavior of my cat is freaking

I think he's horny

Old February 25th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

he smells kind of like fear, you know when you take your cat to the vet and
he kind of exudes a kind of scared stink?
he smells stinky

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
hello, this is my first time posting, but the behavior of my cat is freaking
me out a bit.

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]

Old February 25th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

miss mado wrote:
he smells kind of like fear, you know when you take your cat to the vet and
he kind of exudes a kind of scared stink?
he smells stinky

i know the smell your talking about
wow, that is odd

maybe you was talking in your sleep scaring him?

or maybe you stopped breathing and he saw you trying to get air?
yeah, dumb guess I know..but...you got me