New here - Hello from Bettina

Old September 8th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default New here - Hello from Bettina

.. So I think it`s about time to introduce
me and my gang to the group here.

Hiya

I'm Lesley the Slave of the Fabulous Furballs over in the UK. I am
assisted in my slave duties by Dave

The Fabulous Furballs are Redunzel (Dunzi) and Sarrasine (Sarsi)
Redunzel is a laid back feline whom I suspect was a hippy in a previous
life, she spends much of her time on top of the bookcase or staring out
of the window apparently meditating. She's also the catnip fiend .
Sarrasine was a punk in a previous life and still is, she likes rock
music and doing things she's not supposed to and is a criminal genius
as well.

They're 3 years old, sisters and black. We got them after a kind lady
took pity on their mother a skinny looking semi feral and started to
feed her. She rewarded her by having 5 kittens in her garden shed! We'd
just lost Isis (Tabby lap fungus) and the house was empty without a cat
and they needed a home so it worked out just fine

We also had Fugazi (Isis sister another big tabby but even lazier the
Redunzel) and Speedy Joe (Maniac whose neutering slowed him down a
lot....but only until the anaesthetic wore off)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 8th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

And you forgot to mention the language which is Ka´Shay from.
I had everyone in the group guessing awhile ago
It is an ancient language spoken by a group called druids an actually
language but not been used in about 500 plus years. ancient cultures is
a hobby of mine

That`s interesting. I am also interested in ancient cultures and
spiritual
ways. I learned that there`s not much knowledge left about the druids.
I have read Douglas Monroes "21 Lessons of Merlyn" which is fictional,
but
nonetheless works with informations from a real book from the 16th
century,
"The Book of the Pheryllt" which was restored.

I have always been interested in metaphysics.
I like the druid-order a lot. I believe their working techniques and
spiritual ground to be very effective, and, as I feel very close to
nature
and to the UK they are one of my favourites.

Old September 8th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Hi Pat,

thank you for describing your lot to me.
I found the pictures and they are adorable.

It is so good to see that again cats have been rescued
from places they were not happy.

I am sure now they all are totally spoiled and happy.g

I will set up my cats picture page soon.

bfn
Bettina

Old September 8th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Cheryl wrote:

Hello, Bettina. Nice to meet you. I'm in Maryland in the US, and am
owned by 4 furballs - Shamrock, Bonnie, Rhett and Scarlett.
--

Cheryl

ps - If someone starts writing about something called "Bubbels",
and if you see a link, don't be fooled. It isn't something you want
to click on. Trust me on this. Unless you have mounds of time to kill.

Hi Cheryl,

thanks for the kind welcome.
And for the warning regarding "Bubbles".
Now of course I am curious.
It doesn`t seem to have anything to to with cruel things,
but it costs time. Hmm....g
Give me a hint, please.

Old September 8th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

meeee wrote:
Jasmine wandered into our yard one day and tried to eat our parrot. She was
thin as a rake, and bruised and battered, so we think she was dumped or took
off from a bad home. She subsequently had kittens, Moe, Congo, Garfield and
Miss Violet. Miss Violet found a lovely home, and the boys are all with us.
They are all very sweet and loving, and love cuddles, however think they are
all still kittens so get the zoomies a lot. Jasmine is now happily retiring
and getting fat, and keeping the whole household of cats in line. They are
all orange tabbies, and as well as them I have two Siamese, a red point boy
named Mango, and a Chocolate Tortie named Cougher. Mango is my sweetie, and
refuses to speak to any other human, but is best mates with Garfield and
Congo, and Cougar is the 'family cat' now; she was very shy when she came to
us and didn't like kids, but now she's getting used to them. Oh, and we'd
loove to see pics of your furry friends.

Hello meee,

nice to meet you.
Please explain to me about your parrot. Up to now I have been thinking,
that cats would know about the dangers of attacking a parrot. (Beak and
so) And was he sitting outside the cage or not? And, how close did she
get?g
Wow, now you have a lot of cats too.g

Pics will come up soon, promised.

Old September 8th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Hello Britta,

I just had a look on your pictures. Great fun!
I love all of them, but especially the "Cat TV" and the "Cat Chow Mein"

and of course the "Study Buddy". So funny.

Wish you the best for your move.

Old September 8th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Hi Marina,

nice to meet you and your family.
How do you travel with your cats?
Isn`t it great stress for you and the cats?
But on the other hand - holidays,
roaming free on green ground. Sounds good.

Greetings to Helsinki.
Bettina

Old September 8th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Sam wrote:
Hi, Bettina, and welcome to the group. I'm Sam currently owned and
operated by Mistletoe (Missy), Smokey, and Scooter (D*ggy). And I'm
sure your English is *much* better than my Deutsch.
--

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Hi Sam and Family,g

thanks a lot for your welcome.
You`re missing nothing not knowing german.
English is much better.g

Bettina
(the cats say "hi")

Old September 8th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Cheryl Perkins wrote:
Hi Bettina! Welcome!

I'm the other Cheryl (it's not often I find myself in a place with another
Cheryl; it's not that common a name in my area!).

I live in eastern Canada, right one the Atlantic coast, and I had two
brown tabby-torties, Mandy and Betsy, for years. I had to have Betsy
euthanized in June because she had an incurable cancer which had advanced
to a pretty bad stage. Actually, it was probably the same cancer that
killed Betty, Taki's cat. I'd never heard of it before; now I seem to hear
about it all the time.

Much as I love Mandy, now 16, I really missed having more than one cat, and was
eager to adopt a 1-2 year old black tom who had wandered into a
neighbourhood where he wasn't wanted due to fighting with the
already-resident cats and the allergies of the neighbours. He's a real
sweetheart, but the introduction isn't going too smoothly just yet. Mandy
thinks he's a nasty interloper.

--
Cheryl

Hello Cheryl,

thanks for welcoming us.

I am sorry for your recent loss. I never lost one due to an illness.
I found them always on the street. Which both is devastating. sigh
I have to get rid of this road in front of the house.
Means, I will move somewhere else.

Strangely enough, everytime I had lost one of my cats,
shortly after another one showed up.
As if knowing there was a place to be had.

Glad to hear you took another one in.

best wishes
Bettina

Old September 8th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Cheryl Perkins wrote:
Lightwell wrote:
It's a very addictive game. Bubbels1 is the version most of us got hooked

on.

http://www.funnygames.nl/spelletjes/803.html

You don't need to be able to read Dutch to play the game because the
rules are very simple. You shoot coloured bubbles until the screen is
clear, or you have lost the game.

After you've won, you try to win using fewer and fewer bubbels, I mean
bubbles.

--
The other Cheryl

Hi TOC, (theothercheryl)sorry

I will try it out.
Thanks for hinting.
I recently got something new in my life which is called "Online-Poker".
Only the free version on 888.com, as I can`t afford to loose money.g
But - I think I am hooked on. It is so much fun to try to influence the
cards by mind-force.
And Poker`s got the dangerous athmospere of a lot of old western
movies.

I came across the Poker UK Open late nights on TV here.
After some weeks I actually dared to try it myself online.
Still only rudimentary knowledge of the rules. But makes fun.