New here - Hello from Bettina

Old September 8th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Default New here - Hello from Bettina

"Lightwell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi again,

loved your photos, the cats seem to be very happy there.
Especially I like the one where both of them are overlooking the sea.
But it sounds really stressful to get there. By bus and boat with two
cats and luggage.

Now, I just finished uploading some of my photos to webshots.
Hope the link works.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/553914039PilIcy

bye for now
Bettina

Mortiz look like my spirit http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=j9u1k4

you can see some of my ancient culture books in the right corner

Old September 8th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

Hello meee,

nice to meet you.
Please explain to me about your parrot. Up to now I have been thinking,
that cats would know about the dangers of attacking a parrot. (Beak and
so) And was he sitting outside the cage or not? And, how close did she
get?g
Wow, now you have a lot of cats too.g

Pics will come up soon, promised.

Oh, the parrot is an Australian native (sorry, forgot to mention that I live
in Australia, North Queensland actually) he's a Crimson Rosella so not as
big as a macaw. There are some pictures of him here, and of the other cats
too. (all the cats on this website are ours...)
http://pacificsiamese.bravehost.com/gangoforange.html

She was very hungry when she tried to catch him, poor baby. And he was
inside the cage, but she was trying to get her paw through the bars and get
him.

Old September 9th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-09-08 17:16:43 -0500, "Lightwell" said:

Hi again,

loved your photos, the cats seem to be very happy there.
Especially I like the one where both of them are overlooking the sea.
But it sounds really stressful to get there. By bus and boat with two
cats and luggage.

Now, I just finished uploading some of my photos to webshots.
Hope the link works.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/553914039PilIcy

bye for now
Bettina

A late welcome from me, Sugar and Pearl! What a crew you have. I love
this pictu

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...47546418APmhqN

Old September 9th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lightwell wrote:

Now, I just finished uploading some of my photos to webshots.
Hope the link works.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/553914039PilIcy

What cuties! And you have a really pretty back yard and garden. I'll bet
the kitties have a great time out there.

Joyce
Old September 9th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Lightwell" wrote:
Hi again,

loved your photos, the cats seem to be very happy there.
Especially I like the one where both of them are overlooking the sea.
But it sounds really stressful to get there. By bus and boat with two
cats and luggage.

Now, I just finished uploading some of my photos to webshots.
Hope the link works.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/553914039PilIcy

bye for now
Bettina

Your kitties are soo cute! They seem to be especially friendly with
kids too!

Old September 9th 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On 7 Sep 2006 10:52:33 -0700, "Lightwell" wrote:

Hi Sherry,

thank you for your warm welcome.
Well, 5 cats are a lot either. g
Here in germany most people have at best only two and consider me
to be crazy for having so many of them. But - I didn`t plan to, they
happened to me. And - I live in a house in the countryside and they
don`t have to live in an apartement, they can roam free as a cat should
- in my humble opinion.

If living in an apartement I would probably have only two, to keep
themselves company.
I feel so sorry for alone living cats.

Snip

bye for now
Bettina

Someday I'd like to have a big bunch of cats, but for now, I only have
one cat; a very pretty calico named Kenzie.

I got her when one of a pair of older cats went to the Bridge, and the
remaining cat, Blizzard, was lonely.

Sadly, Blizzard and Kenzie never became friends, and 2 years later, when
Blizzard was 18 years old, she also went to the Bridge.

Kenzie seemed much happier when Blizzard was gone, but I have tried
twice to bring more cats to my small city house; once a small 6 month
old male, whom Kenzie constantly beat up. Later, a pair of kittens which
I think Kenzie was trying her level best to get rid of.

Sigh.

So I have one approximately 10 year old cat who is not a real snuggler,
but who is very, very sweet, and good tempered, and apparently very
happy, now that she is alone.

She doesn't seem to mind that I'm gone 12 hours a day at work; I'm sure
she just sleeps a lot.

On the weekends, she likes to be near me, and often asks for attention.

She's curled up about 3 feet from me as I type this, and when I called
her name, she started purring immediately.

So I know that some cats can be very happy as an only cat.

Many years from now, when it's Kenzie's turn to go to the Bridge, I will
get a pair of cats, or kittens; preferably litter mates.

But that's a long way off, I hope, and for now I'm happy with my one
special calico cat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old September 9th 06, 11:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lightwell wrote:
Marina wrote:
Lightwell wrote:
Hi Marina,

nice to meet you and your family. How do you travel with your cats?
Isn`t it great stress for you and the cats? But on the other hand -
holidays, roaming free on green ground. Sounds good.

the trip is always a bit stressful - 3-4 hours on a bus, and then
half
an hour by boat - but it's worth it. The cats are so happy when we
get
out there. This was Caliban's first summer on the island. Here are
some
pictures from the island this year:

http://pets.webshots.com/album/552460626WgRCAp

Hi again,

loved your photos, the cats seem to be very happy there.
Especially I like the one where both of them are overlooking the sea.
But it sounds really stressful to get there. By bus and boat with two
cats and luggage.

Now, I just finished uploading some of my photos to webshots.
Hope the link works.

[IMG]http://thumb1
8.webshots.net/t/26/26/9/10/90/2768910900047546418YuGzrY_th.jpg[/IMG]

bfn
Bettina

You have a beautiful clowder. I enjoyed your photos, thanks for sharing, one
of my favourates was Mathis and Felix
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...47546418atXQHe

http://tinyurl.com/kant9
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old September 9th 06, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Hi Bettina:-)

Am 07.09.2006 schrieb Lightwell:

after reading here for about ten days I found out that I want to give
my 2 pence every now and then. So I think it`s about time to introduce
me and my gang to the group here. It feels so good to have found other
slaves to the furballs. I am obviously not the only crazy can-opener
who does everything to make his cats feel good. Cat owner`s concerns,
problems, joys and amusements are seemingly the same all over the
world.

welcome to this wonderful group:-) I think, you will have a lot of fun
he-)

O.K. we live in Germany, in the rural countryside east of Berlin.
Beautiful landscape, no jobs, agricultural area. I moved here from
South Germany, after the wall had come down in 1999, for here were
affordable old farmhouses to have.

I'm living with Volker, my husband and 11 cats in the most westly
community of Germany (near Aachen):-)

You see, having many cats is not so unusual. Our cats a Tientje
(it's a Dutch name for 10 Gulden), She, Owl, Dax, Chiara, Lady
Mortisha, Cottonball, Bandit, Smoke, Rasputin and Sirikit. You can
find out more about them all and of course Volker and me on my website
in the sig.

I'm looking forward to hear more of you and your gang.

Purrs to you
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old September 9th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lightwell wrote:

loved your photos, the cats seem to be very happy there.
Especially I like the one where both of them are overlooking the sea.
But it sounds really stressful to get there. By bus and boat with two
cats and luggage.

It's quite a hassle each time, but well worth it for the four or five
weeks we stay out there. Sometimes I can get a lift with my brother or
sister in their car, and that makes it faster and easier.

Now, I just finished uploading some of my photos to webshots.
Hope the link works.

Lovely cats, and they look very happy. My favourite is 'Felix the golden':

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...47546418gMmveq

Old September 9th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Tweed wrote:
Now you are confident posting on an English-speaking group you may like to
look at sci.agriculture.poultry. Nüle still posts there occasionally.
She would be delighted if another German joined the group!

I will have a look. Thanks.

Letchworth and Cambridge are south of where I live, 200 km away, maybe.
Wales is the same in a north-easterly direction. I really like Wales,
I've had some nice holidays there.

Well, I have been as well in Worlaby, Brigg where the mother of my
friend
used to live. I remember driving about 2 hours north. Could have been
your
area.

It's the nicest group I've ever known. The poultry group is quite nice,
but this group is far and away ahead of it.
What other group would send me messages of hope and almost cover me with
"get well" cards and flowers when I was very ill and in hospital last
year? None that I know of. These are very special people. They are more
caring than my own family!

Now, I hope everything is fine again. Yes, the people here took me up
very
kindly. And, the same here, it always seems to be hard to cope with
family.

bfn