This isn't the kind of kitty we want to invite into our bedrooms

Old May 28th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default This isn't the kind of kitty we want to invite into our bedrooms

A wild leopard apparently jumped through the window of this man's house (in
Israel) and hopped into bed with his sleeping family. He wrestled it to the
floor and held it there for 20 minutes while he waited for help to arrive!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/....ap/index.html

MaryL

Old May 28th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-05-28 16:48:27 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER said:

A wild leopard apparently jumped through the window of this man's house
(in Israel) and hopped into bed with his sleeping family. He wrestled
it to the floor and held it there for 20 minutes while he waited for
help to arrive!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/....ap/index.html

MaryL

This made me laugh:

As a nature guide, he said, he was familiar with animals and did his
best to hold down the leopard without harming it. He said he took it
all in stride, "but the kids were excited."

Old May 29th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

A wild leopard apparently jumped through the window of this man's house (in
Israel) and hopped into bed with his sleeping family. He wrestled it to
the floor and held it there for 20 minutes while he waited for help to
arrive!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/....ap/index.html

MaryL

Poor leopard! I hope they gave it a good meal before releasing it into the
wild.

Joy

Old May 29th 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Joy wrote:

A wild leopard apparently jumped through the window of this man's house (in
Israel) and hopped into bed with his sleeping family. He wrestled it to
the floor and held it there for 20 minutes while he waited for help to
arrive!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/....ap/index.html

MaryL

Poor leopard! I hope they gave it a good meal before releasing it into the
wild.

Just so it didn't snack on one of the kids! ;-)
Old May 29th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Joy" wrote in message
A wild leopard apparently jumped through the window of this man's house
(in Israel) and hopped into bed with his sleeping family. He wrestled it
to the floor and held it there for 20 minutes while he waited for help to
arrive!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/....ap/index.html

MaryL

Poor leopard! I hope they gave it a good meal before releasing it into
the wild.

Joy

I hope so, too. It sounded like the poor thing was close to starvation.
This didn't sound like an attack -- probably just a desperate attempt for
some shelter. At the same time, *I* would be in a panic if a leopard jumped
onto my bed! So would my *much smaller* furry friends.

MaryL

Old May 29th 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Joy" wrote in message
A wild leopard apparently jumped through the window of this man's house
(in Israel) and hopped into bed with his sleeping family. He wrestled it
to the floor and held it there for 20 minutes while he waited for help to
arrive!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/....ap/index.html

MaryL

Poor leopard! I hope they gave it a good meal before releasing it into
the wild.

Joy

I hope so, too. It sounded like the poor thing was close to starvation.
This didn't sound like an attack -- probably just a desperate attempt for
some shelter. At the same time, *I* would be in a panic if a leopard
jumped onto my bed! So would my *much smaller* furry friends.

MaryL

Oh, yes! It would panic anybody!

Joy

Old May 29th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Karen wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/....ap/index.html

This made me laugh:

As a nature guide, he said, he was familiar with animals and did his
best to hold down the leopard without harming it. He said he took it
all in stride, "but the kids were excited."

This part made *me* laugh:

"Du Mosch's pet cat was in the bed with him at the time, along with his
young daughter who had been frightened by a mosquito in her own room."

She crawls in with daddy because she's afraid of a mosquito, and look
what shows up there!

Poor thing. I also hope they give it some food before letting it go.
He/she is beautiful!

Joyce
Old May 29th 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

I guess there is something worse than a head nox!

--Fil

Yeah, but you could think of it this way: She sure picked a safe place
because her dad isn't even cowed by a puma, let alone a mosquito.

Old May 29th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

A wild leopard apparently jumped through the window of this man's house (in
Israel) and hopped into bed with his sleeping family. He wrestled it to
the floor and held it there for 20 minutes while he waited for help to
arrive!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/....ap/index.html

MaryL

This morning's news report said the leopard was sick and it is believed it
was trying to get to the pet cat that was on the bed. Fortunately, the
leopard did not succeed. Also fortunately, the leopard is being cared for
and will be released in a more "appropriate" area.

MaryL