My cat just went head on into our sliding glass door!!

Old August 10th 05, 11:51 AM
O.G

Default My cat just went head on into our sliding glass door!!

He hit it hard too and started making noises like he was sneezing but
after a minute he was ok and I picked her up and pet her for awile and
touched her nose to see if she was hurt and she seems ok.. Should I be
worried?

Old August 10th 05, 12:27 PM
Wendy

Just keep an eye on her for a while and if you see anything that might
indicate she gave herself a concussion make a vet appointment. Did she just
skid into the door or do you think she misjudged where the glass was because
it's, well, glass? If the later, you might want to get some cling vinyl
stickers to put on the door so she has an easier time telling where the
glass is. If she just skidded into the door I'd put some type of non-skid
rug or mat in front of it so she can get some traction before slamming into
the door again.

Years ago a kitten of ours skidded into the back door and knocked himself
silly. I've kept a non-skid mat in front of that door since and haven't had
anyone slam into it hard like that again.

ups.com...

Old August 10th 05, 03:56 PM
Philip

Hahhahahha! Hehheheheee! (cough) ROFLMAO! Was a camera rolling?
Another Funny Cats Video segment?

That's funnier than ****! Sounds ike no harm occured.

ups.com...

Old August 10th 05, 09:43 PM
Wendy

"Diane" wrote in message
In article ,
"Wendy" wrote:

Years ago a kitten of ours skidded into the back door and knocked himself
silly. I've kept a non-skid mat in front of that door since and haven't
had
anyone slam into it hard like that again.

Hodge slammed into the edge of the hallway door Saturday night, but what
happens with him is he gets riled up or excited (there was a guest over,
for one thing) and literally starts running before looking. He was
chasing me and ran smack into the edge of the door that was right in
front of him. Like a little kid.
--

I'm glad your kitty suffered no ill effects. The cat I had who slammed into
the back door was never the same after that. It was like his IQ dropped a

Old August 10th 05, 09:49 PM
Christie W via CatKB.com

Please, please put some stickers on the glass! Some years ago I had a male
tabby dive through the glass of my storm door (thinking it was open maybe?)
and he died! It was horrible and for years afterwards I wouldn't leave the
wooden door open anymore.

Old August 10th 05, 11:58 PM
Trish

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Diane" wrote in message
In article ,
"Wendy" wrote:

[...]

I think there was one side effect, the cat was male before he hit the
door, then female when picked up... dun dun dun

another x-files case!

Old August 11th 05, 03:48 AM
Hailey

O.G wrote:
He hit it hard too and started making noises like he was sneezing but
after a minute he was ok and I picked her up and pet her for awile and
touched her nose to see if she was hurt and she seems ok.. Should I be
worried?

Yes, cus you can't seem to figure if it is a she or he! LOL

I'd say watch *it* closely.

My cat just ran head on into the sliding glass door! O.G Cat anecdotes 7 August 12th 05 11:02 AM
Head Scratch Wilba Cat anecdotes 33 October 18th 04 04:39 PM
Kitty Hit Parade, or "Upside-Downy Head" Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 42 June 9th 04 06:16 PM
Clyde - Glass in the Tongue! Hopitus2 Cat anecdotes 23 January 15th 04 09:03 PM