Start of the Next Adventure (OT)

Old June 15th 05, 05:48 PM
jmcquown

Default Start of the Next Adventure (OT)

Okay, this afternoon I check into a hotel in my own town (!) and await my
LLL's arrival in the late afternoon. My menu for tonight is set. I've
decided to prepare lightly breaded pan-fried tilapia fillets (a mild white
fish) with rice pilaf and steamed zucchini (courgettes). I'll have the wine
chilled. He's thrilled I don't expect him to take me out to dinner after
he's driven 6 hours to get here. Hey, I'm a good woman, I wouldn't expect
that! Order-in pizza, maybe, but go OUT after that long haul? Don't think
so! Relax, take your shoes off. Take a shower. Here's a glass of wine

I checked our accomodations yesterday and was dismayed to find this extended
stay hotel doesn't have a pool. I was so looking forward to that! They
said they share "pool privileges" with another hotel a few miles away, just
show your room key. Right, like we're going to drive to another hotel in
our swimsuits, towels in hand and say "we're here to use the pool" LOL Oh
well, we've stayed in lots of places without them. But it's supposed to be
very hot here this week so a pool would have been nice. (I should have
checked earlier. I could have sworn the web site for this location
indicated a pool, dammit.) Whatever, we're getting a great rate and I'll
have that full (sans oven) kitchen. Who wants to use an oven in this heat,
anyway? There's always a toaster if we want some bread.

At least I don't have to take Persia and Peaches to the "smelly place". The
vet cut Persia's food back to 1/2 cup of the x/d a day. So this morning I
gave her less than 1/4 of a cup (did she complain or what???!). Before I
leave this afternoon she'll get the remainder of her alottment for the day.
I hope she doesn't scarf it down because I won't be back until morning. Not
that she'd starve or anything, but we all know our furry owners' perceptions
about "starving"

When Persia and I were snuggling last night I started tearing up thinking
maybe I should take her with me to the hotel. They allow pets. But then I
thought of the trauma of putting her in the carrier, her being in a strange
room, me leaving the room, or worse, her escaping the room if the door is
open more than a second... she's better off at home. I'll be able to come
back mornings and evenings after today to take care of her and give her hugs
and scritches and take care of Peaches (who doesn't require much). It's
best if Persia stays at home.

I think I'm all set to start this adventure in my own town. LLL and I met
and dated for 2 years when he lived here all those years ago.

So anyway, I think I'm ready. I'll go check in by 3:00, get the wine
chilled and all that, get myself cleaned up and wait for him to arrive. I
know I just saw him last week but I've already got butterflies in my
stomach. Please wish us well and also a successful show!

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old June 15th 05, 05:55 PM
Adrian

Purrs you have a good time and a successful show. Purs for Persia and
Peaches that they don't miss you too much.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 15th 05, 06:17 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:48:38 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

We sure do. Bon voyage

And a hopefully low-stress w/e for Persia and Peaches.

Theresa
Old June 15th 05, 10:33 PM
Hopitus

Hey, Jill: a suggestion: When son who lives here got married, ex (his Dad)
and I shared hotel room to save $ and had a tiny pool there, but even
smaller workout room next to minipool....ex is bigtime workout nut and was
very disgruntled till front desk informed us that the Bally down-the-street
(like 4 blocks) had arrangements to let hotel guests of our place use any
and all equipment for free! I never did go there (you seen 1 Bally you seen
'em all) myself but he went about every day we were here and got ROYAL and
special treatment (even free snacks/drinks) from the Bally. Why don't you
just put swimsuits on *under* clothes and take a look @ this other hotel
pool? It might be a cooler hotel than yours to hang in. Never know till you
look it over! The Hopitus & even its exes never say "no" to freebies till we
investigate.

Old June 16th 05, 04:31 AM
Sam Nash

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Successful show and great reunion purrs on the way
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe