Improper use of medicine may have killed my cat

Old February 24th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Improper use of medicine may have killed my cat

"Corey Kaye" wrote in message
J. dvm wrote:

No, it is not possible that leaving the interferon out of the
refrigerator is responsible for the death of your cat.

Could have an anaphylactic reaction caused the cats death?

Corey

Unlikely. If the cat truly had toxoplasmosis then I would think it would
more likely be due to replication of toxoplasma tachyzoites in the brain
suddenly affecting a critical area.

Old February 24th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Ryan Robbins wrote:
14 should not be
old for a cat.

I think you will find that 14 is indeed an old age for a cat.

No, that is not especially old.

I didn't say 14 is "especially old." But it is old, regardless of whether
there are cats that live to be 20.

Define "old."

Try it. You'll like it. And you'll see my point which is "14 should not
be old for a cat."

Saying 14 is old is like saying 70 degrees F is hot, or is it cool?

For most cats, 14 is old or getting old, but again, it does not have to
be that way. That was my point. I am saying that we can push back what
we call old. Whether it is not possible is the "should" in my
statement. I think it is possible and that 16 would be old and 14 would
be the what, early retirement. Got it? I think I lost it.

Old February 24th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Now my dad feels really guilty and thinks he killed her. I don't know
what happened. She seemed to be getting better, and from everything I
read toxoplasmosis doesn't usually kill the cat. But she was almost 14
years old.
My question is, is it possible that leaving the interferon out all day
caused it to become toxic and killed my poor kitty? Even if it turns
out that people tell me "yes" I won't say anything to my dad, it would
just kill him and he already feels bad enough. But I would like to
know.

Sorry about the loss of your cat. That is so sad. It's good to see that you
can tell your dad that this isn't his fault at all. The fact that you
wouldn't have told him if it was was very kind of you. I hope your dad can
stop feeling guilty now and know that he did everything he could to help her.

Anna