More video clip trouble

Old April 9th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default More video clip trouble

Pat kindly converted my short clip of Caliban on the cat tree into a
..wmv file. I exchanged the old .avi file for the new .wmv one. Now my
Firefox shows the correct player, but won't play the clip. I press play
and nothing happens. What did I do wrong now? It's at
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/caliban.htm. If I can get this to work,
I'll try to get a clip of Miranda doing something cute. ;o)

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 9th 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Pat kindly converted my short clip of Caliban on the cat tree into a
.wmv file. I exchanged the old .avi file for the new .wmv one. Now my
Firefox shows the correct player, but won't play the clip. I press play
and nothing happens. What did I do wrong now? It's at
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/caliban.htm. If I can get this to work,
I'll try to get a clip of Miranda doing something cute. ;o)

I opened the page in Internet Explorer and it wouldn't play in IE
either. I think that the problem is that the file cannot be found on the
webserver. In the page source it looks like this:

EMBED SRC="Caliban.wmv", WIDTH=350, HEIGHT=250 CONTROLS=TRUE

maybe if you change it to this it will work:

EMBED SRC="http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/Caliban.wmv", WIDTH=350,
HEIGHT=250 CONTROLS=TRUE

Anyway give it a try. I looked at it when it was an avi file. What a
cutie Caliban is. He has such purrsonality!

rrb.
Old April 9th 06, 08:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

rrb wrote:
Marina wrote:
[...]

Heh. I found the problem. I'd written Caliban.wmv, when the file was
actually called caliban.wmv. Now it works on my Firefox, too. Takes a
moment to load. Thank you everyone who helped me with this. Now I think
I have it, so I can try to post a clip of Miranda (as soon as I can
catch her on film).

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 9th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

catch this hundreds of funny videos, a lot of asian funny stuff too...
http://onlinecinema.blogspot.com
Besides that, it has free streaming of holywood movie such as shaolin
soccer, brokeback mountain...

Old April 9th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-09 01:06:00 -0500, Marina said:

Pat kindly converted my short clip of Caliban on the cat tree into a
.wmv file. I exchanged the old .avi file for the new .wmv one. Now my
Firefox shows the correct player, but won't play the clip. I press play
and nothing happens. What did I do wrong now? It's at
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/caliban.htm. If I can get this to work,
I'll try to get a clip of Miranda doing something cute. ;o)

Hey it works in Safari for me now!

Old April 9th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina, I can see Mir-mir's video but still can't see Cal's.
Lydia

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 9th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Irulan wrote:
Marina, I can see Mir-mir's video but still can't see Cal's.
Lydia

Have you tried refreshing the page?

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Old April 9th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote in news:49rmi5FpgpklU1
@individual.net:

Pat kindly converted my short clip of Caliban on the cat tree into a
.wmv file. I exchanged the old .avi file for the new .wmv one. Now my
Firefox shows the correct player, but won't play the clip. I press play
and nothing happens. What did I do wrong now? It's at
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/caliban.htm. If I can get this to work,
I'll try to get a clip of Miranda doing something cute. ;o)

I see it - he's adorable. Halfway through, he was stretched out so that
his body hid the shelf, and it looked like he was levitating in mid-air.

Chak

--
Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from molasses.