Thinking about Baby

Old March 25th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Thinking about Baby

Baby was a cat. It was 1974 and I'd sit out on the driveway at my parents
house as the sun was going down. This cat started coming around; I called
her 'Baby'. She was a grey striped tabby; very skinny. I suppose you'd
classify her as feral since she didn't ever have a home. She lived in the
weeds on a stretch of land with a creek across the street from my parents
house.

But she loved me! She would come out in the evening and cross the street
and curl up in my lap and purr. When I had to go inside around 9PM she'd
wind herself around my legs and try to trip me up... anything to keep me
from leaving! I do wish I'd been able to bring her in.

It wasn't long after that she stopped showing up for a while. And the last
time she did, her teats were full; she'd given birth and was busy taking
care of her kittens. That was the last time I ever saw her. It was as if
she came back just to say goodbye.

Jill