Vino's sprung!

Old May 10th 06, 10:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Vino's sprung!

Long day today, I got up at 6 but didn't get out of the house till
6:45 this morning. Got stuck for 1/2 hour in Mandurah due to paving
and another 1/2 hour just south of Perth due to other construction.
Arrived at our friend Peter's at 10:45 and quickly handed him his stuff
that he shipped over with ours, and took off to get Vino. I had to be
there before noon, otherwise I would have had to wait till 1:30 to get
him.
I got there with 10 min to spare!
We had a nice ride home, I strapped Vino's carrier into the passenger
seat facing me. He meowed for the first 10 min but soon settled down.
We split some McDonald's fries (well, he had 3 fries and I had the
rest!). Funnily, he turned up his nose at a piece of meat from my
Quarter Pounder. What's that saying about McD's meat, I wonder?!?!
He's been off exploring the house as soon as I opened his carrier. He
needs to stay within sight of me though. He kind of follows me around
from a distance, it's so cute! I fed him some of that raw cat meat
they sell in the supermarket and he gobbled it up. He was a bit
nervous though and kept standing up to look around. I crouched next
to him and reassured him that nobody was going to attack him or take
his food away. He also had some Iams kibble.
I showed him his litterbox and he layed down in it and did upside
downy head while purring his fool head off. I said, "what are you
doing, Vino? That's your toilet!" and he stood up and had a nice
long pee, still purring the whole time.
Now he's a bit tired from all the excitement and is lying in the
middle of the floor, facing me.
I don't think it's going to take him long to settle in :-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old May 10th 06, 10:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
[...]

Awww! I'm so glad his orange lordship is home. Has he tried scratching
the big roof pole yet?

Old May 10th 06, 10:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Wheels wrote:
badwilson wrote:
[...]

No, I doubt that he will because he doesn't scratch on wood. He's a
sisal man ;-) I've got this little flat scratch sisal thing that you're
supposed to hang on a door knob (but Vino doesn't scratch it that way
because it moves around too much). So I've screwed it onto the pole,
using a crack in the pole to put the screws into, so as not to ruin the
look of the pole. I showed it to him but he didn't scratch it either.
We'll have to see what happens. He might just be too excited still to
really get into a good scratch.
He tried to jump from the dining room table to the kitchen counter, but
slipped on the table runner and fell down. Poor boy :-( He didn't seem
fazed though.
So far he seems to like perching on the back of the couch from where he
can survey the whole big living area.
We had a little cuddle on the couch earlier and watched Deal or No Deal
together :-)

Old May 10th 06, 11:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:

So glad he's sprung. Bet he's glad to be in his new home

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old May 10th 06, 12:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
[...]

How funny!!! I'm sure he'll settle in nicely. At least he's with mommy
now. Persia has to check everything out when I only board her for a week,
and poor Vino has been stuck for much longer! Now just wait until daddy
comes home! Congrats!

Jill

Old May 10th 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
snip
Now he's a bit tired from all the excitement and is lying in the
middle of the floor, facing me.
I don't think it's going to take him long to settle in :-)

Awww, so glad you have him at home with you now.

Old May 10th 06, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad Vino's incarceration has ended. I'm sure he'll be a lot happier
now he's back with his slave. I'm also glad that the next times he moves it
will be a *much* shorter journey.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 10th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

So far he seems to like perching on the back of the couch from where he
can survey the whole big living area.
We had a little cuddle on the couch earlier and watched Deal or No Deal
together :-)

Ahh, the only game show I love! Andrew O'Keefe is a great presenter. I love
his ties.

Kathryn

Old May 10th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
I don't think it's going to take him long to settle in :-)

I'm so glad to hear he's home. And daddy comes back tomorrow! He's going
to be a very happy camper.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he