Petrus purrs

Old May 12th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default UPDATE Petrus purrs

Purrs coming for everyone to settle down and feel better. Poor Petrus and
your poor mom with all the worry.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

"Karen" wrote in message
Mom took him back wanting a second xray just to make sure most of it was
out. He wasn't acting happy (but he hasn't thrown up again). They showed
her there is only a couple little bolus' in there. So I think it is just
that an enema is kind of hard on the system. Still, continued purrs would
help. I've never heard her so upset before. I really think she is worried
it is something serious (well, being blocked by hair is serious but you
know what I mean). He truly is one of the sweetest cats I've ever known.
Thank you everybody for the power of positive thought.

Old May 12th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
Mom took him back wanting a second xray just to make sure most of it was
out. He wasn't acting happy (but he hasn't thrown up again). They showed
her there is only a couple little bolus' in there. So I think it is just
that an enema is kind of hard on the system. Still, continued purrs
would help. I've never heard her so upset before. I really think she is
worried it is something serious (well, being blocked by hair is serious
but you know what I mean). He truly is one of the sweetest cats I've
ever known. Thank you everybody for the power of positive thought.

Purrs continue for Petrus.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old May 12th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default NEW UPDATE Petrus purrs

Well, I may have just sent an empty post. If so, SORRY!! Mom says
Petrus is feeling much better tonight. Thank you all for your support.
I really think it works

Old May 12th 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
Well, I may have just sent an empty post. If so, SORRY!! Mom says Petrus
is feeling much better tonight. Thank you all for your support. I
really think it works

Yay! )

Old May 12th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
Well, I may have just sent an empty post. If so, SORRY!! Mom says Petrus
is feeling much better tonight. Thank you all for your support. I
really think it works

That's wonderful to hear!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old May 13th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 11 May 2006 22:45:16 -0500, Karen wrote:

Well, I may have just sent an empty post. If so, SORRY!! Mom says
Petrus is feeling much better tonight. Thank you all for your support.
I really think it works

I missed the original post about Petrus, but i gather that he was
hugely blocked up? Natasha went through this a few months ago, along
with the emergency trip to see TED to get unblocked. I was really
worried about her, but I think *my* mom was even more upset about it
all than I was!

Natasha was just relieved when it was all said and done, though it
took her a couple days to recover.

Purrs for Petrus, your mom, and everyone else involved.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old May 13th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-12 20:45:34 -0500, Jeanne Hedge said:

I missed the original post about Petrus, but i gather that he was
hugely blocked up? Natasha went through this a few months ago, along
with the emergency trip to see TED to get unblocked. I was really
worried about her, but I think *my* mom was even more upset about it
all than I was!

Natasha was just relieved when it was all said and done, though it
took her a couple days to recover.

Purrs for Petrus, your mom, and everyone else involved.

that is good to know. She was still worried earlier today as he was
still looking uncomfortable, although this evening she says he is
acting better.

Old May 13th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-12 20:45:34 -0500, Jeanne Hedge said:

Natasha was just relieved when it was all said and done, though it
took her a couple days to recover.

Purrs for Petrus, your mom, and everyone else involved.

that is good to know. She was still worried earlier today as he was
still looking uncomfortable, although this evening she says he is
acting better.

Natasha did nothing but lay around for a couple days after, although
she was eating and drinking a little, especially after the first day.
TED had to give her an enema to clean her out, and it took several
days before she had a BM again. She was also dehydrated (from the
straining to move the blockage, I think), and I'm certain that
contributed to her post-treatment lethargy (though TED also gave her
an IV and other medicines to help with that). And then there's the
just plain indignity of having some human sticking fingers up one's
butt of course!

I'd keep an eye on him, but as long as he's looking and acting like he
feels better I think he's probably ok. As I noted though, if TED
emptied Petrus out really well, I wouldn't expect any BMs for a few
days.

Old May 13th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-12 20:45:34 -0500, Jeanne Hedge said:

[...]

Well, mom got some flowers yesterday that came in a box. She left it on
the floor and reports Petrus and Tycho played with the box All.Night.
Long. So I think he is feeling better!

Old May 13th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-13, Karen penned:
Well, mom got some flowers yesterday that came in a box. She left it
on the floor and reports Petrus and Tycho played with the box
All.Night. Long. So I think he is feeling better!

Yay!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully