Cuddly, purry night

Old May 11th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cuddly, purry night

He really settled in quite fast. Came to bed for scritches and
headbutts right away when I went to bed. He was practically insatiable,
even though I'd been scritching him all day long! He slept near me for
most of the night, coming round for forceful headbutts from time to
time.
He's picked up a new mannerism that he never did before. He lifts up
his front paw and curls it under, then puts it down and picks up the
other paw like that. It's a bit like a kneading thing. He was never a
kneader before!
This morning when I got out of bed, I decided to institute a new morning
ritual. I'm not feeding him as soon as I get up anymore, I'm trying to
make it so he doesn't wake me up early all the time like he used to. So
I made my coffee and fiddled with the computer a bit. He hung close by
but didn't bug me for food. After about 20 min, I fed him his cat meat.
He inhaled it so I gave him more.
He seems to be a bit leary of the gas heater in the living room. He got
spooked by the little spark when I was lighting it, kept his distance
but watched the whole time. And he didn't know what to make of it when
it was on, glowing orange and radiating heat. That's the opposite of
what used to happen in Thailand! The big noisy monster there blasted
cold air!
Dennis just phoned, he's in Perth and getting on the bus. He'll be here
in 4 hours. I'll have to go and primp before picking him up :-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old May 11th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
[...]

Who wants to place bets on whether Vino or Britta gets all the attention
from Dennis when he gets back???? Britta has the advantage of being able to
put on sexy lingerie, but Vino has that whole cute I-missed-you-Daddy
furball face and purr!

Old May 11th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Magic Mood Jeep?" wrote:

Who wants to place bets on whether Vino or Britta gets all the attention
from Dennis when he gets back???? Britta has the advantage of being able
to put on sexy lingerie, but Vino has that whole cute I-missed-you-Daddy
furball face and purr!

LOL!! That's hilarious! It's a tough call, isn't it?

Joyce
Old May 11th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
He really settled in quite fast. Came to bed for scritches and
headbutts right away when I went to bed. He was practically insatiable,
even though I'd been scritching him all day long! He slept near me for
most of the night, coming round for forceful headbutts from time to time.
He's picked up a new mannerism that he never did before. He lifts up
his front paw and curls it under, then puts it down and picks up the
other paw like that. It's a bit like a kneading thing. He was never a
kneader before!

Aww, what a happy little catman. Caliban does that too. He's done it
since the first time I met him. It's very cute.

This morning when I got out of bed, I decided to institute a new morning
ritual. I'm not feeding him as soon as I get up anymore, I'm trying to
make it so he doesn't wake me up early all the time like he used to. So
I made my coffee and fiddled with the computer a bit. He hung close by
but didn't bug me for food. After about 20 min, I fed him his cat meat.
He inhaled it so I gave him more.

Good luck with that. I don't feed the cats until 7, but still, Miranda
insists on waking me up at 4 or 5 in the morning. Every morning.

He seems to be a bit leary of the gas heater in the living room. He got
spooked by the little spark when I was lighting it, kept his distance
but watched the whole time. And he didn't know what to make of it when
it was on, glowing orange and radiating heat. That's the opposite of
what used to happen in Thailand! The big noisy monster there blasted
cold air!
Dennis just phoned, he's in Perth and getting on the bus. He'll be here
in 4 hours. I'll have to go and primp before picking him up :-)

Happy reunion!

Old May 11th 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
[...]

PURRS! for a happy reunion! And you just know Vino will claim him as soon
as he gets home

Jill

Old May 11th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
badwilson wrote:
[...]

Obviously no contest, Vino must always come first. We wouldn't want hoomins
getting ideas above their station. g
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 11th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 11 May 2006 08:04:56 +0800, "badwilson"
yodeled:

[...]

Sweet Vino! He rocks!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 14th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-11, badwilson penned:
He really settled in quite fast. Came to bed for scritches and
headbutts right away when I went to bed. He was practically insatiable,
even though I'd been scritching him all day long! He slept near me for
most of the night, coming round for forceful headbutts from time to
time.

Belated grats for the reunion with Vino and, oh yeah, your husband =)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Chester at night Susan M Cat anecdotes 0 October 9th 05 06:13 PM
It was a three cat night. (Groan) Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 8 October 9th 05 05:19 PM
What to do at night Nick Kasoff Cat health & behaviour 4 October 3rd 05 10:15 PM
Cold night wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX Cat anecdotes 6 September 25th 03 09:27 PM
Vera & Lola Bath Night......... Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 2 August 12th 03 01:01 PM