Big Thunderstorm

Old May 12th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Big Thunderstorm

I always think about the kitties who are afraid of thunder when we get a
thunderstorm, fortunately my two cats don't seem to mind.
I know Persia doesn't like thunder.

I'm not too surprised we are getting a thunderstorm here. We just had two
or three days of nice warm weather! That will put an end to us Brits having
a bit of summer as we are not allowed it ;-)

So much thunder and lighting, and almost a cloudburst of rain. Kitty is in
the house but Boyfie isn't, let's hope he found somewhere to shelter while
he was out pretending to threaten the rats.

Tweed
Oh, Boyfie has just come downstairs where he has probably been sleeping in
the spare bedroom.. He now wants to wee but isn't able to go outside
because it's throwing it down and thunder and stuff.. He keeps looking at
the open door and saying "in a minute, in a minute."
Aww. Gotta love him.

Tweed

Old May 12th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

We've had nasty weather for the last week or so... lots of thunder and stuff
that makes Persia hide. When she's not hiding she's snuggling next to me.

Purrs for Boyfie for wanting to wee but is afraid! Persia is an indoor
kittie so she scoots to the litter box and does her business, then she
hides.

Jill

Old May 12th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Oh, Boyfie has just come downstairs where he has probably been
sleeping in the spare bedroom.. He now wants to wee but isn't able
to go outside because it's throwing it down and thunder and stuff..
He keeps looking at the open door and saying "in a minute, in a
minute."
Aww. Gotta love him.

Tweed

We've had nasty weather for the last week or so... lots of thunder and
stuff
that makes Persia hide. When she's not hiding she's snuggling next to me.

Neither of mine seem to be afraid of thunder, I guess that's lucky.

Purrs for Boyfie for wanting to wee but is afraid! Persia is an indoor
kittie so she scoots to the litter box and does her business, then she
hides.

No need to worry about Boyfie. He isn't scared at all about the thunder but
he is very worried about going outside to wee when it's throwing it down
with rain. He's decided to wait a while ;-)
It's stopped raining now, he is still considering whether to go outside. Or
not. He will, of course, go outside before he bursts ;-) He doesn't do
litterboxes unless its a real emergency when meowmie shuts him in overnight
to take him to TED.

Tweed

Old May 12th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Baggy loves storms, it brings the frogs out. I had to get wet earlier going
out to get him in. He was soaked as well but just doesn't care.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 12th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Adrian A wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

We don't get frogs here much, but toads... you bet! A few years ago
thunderstorms blew down a birds nest and I went out on the patio and there
was a toad sitting in a birds nest. It was too funny! I didn't have a
camera; would have made a great photo.

Jill

Old May 12th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 12 May 2006 19:18:18 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Would a litter pan by the back door work for him? MLB

Old May 12th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

He now wants to wee but isn't able to go outside because it's
throwing it down and thunder and stuff.. He keeps looking at
the open door and saying "in a minute, in a minute."
Aww. Gotta love him.

At least he's not blaming *you* for the cat-unfriendly climate!

Joyce
Old May 13th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Old May 13th 06, 07:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Adrian A wrote:
Baggy loves storms, it brings the frogs out. I had to get wet earlier going
out to get him in. He was soaked as well but just doesn't care.

Nikki used to love the rain out on the island. She would rush out
purring, and after a while she would come back in, soaking wet. She'd
dry herself off on me or, if it was the middle of the night, on the
sheets I was sleeping in, and then she would rush back out. Purring her
power purr all the while.

Old May 13th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-13 01:59:25 -0500, Marina said:

Adrian A wrote:
Baggy loves storms, it brings the frogs out. I had to get wet earlier going
out to get him in. He was soaked as well but just doesn't care.

Nikki used to love the rain out on the island. She would rush out
purring, and after a while she would come back in, soaking wet. She'd
dry herself off on me or, if it was the middle of the night, on the
sheets I was sleeping in, and then she would rush back out. Purring her
power purr all the while.

She must have thought you were "missing out"