question about spot on cats leg

Old May 14th 06, 07:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default question about spot on cats leg

The Stripey Thing has a spot on one of his front legs that is new and I
don't know what to think about it. My first response is that it is
stress. He has licked all the hair off and there are a about 8-10
little bumps under the hair that is left (he is long haired so there
should be a lot of hair there and this is just some short fuzz. I know
it isn't fleas because Tony doesn't have any reaction to anything and he
is allergic to fleas and I don't find any flea dirt in any of the place
they lay.

I want to just put a bandage over it so he can't lick it, but I know
about how well that would go over, so I need some other ideas to give
this a chance to heal and give him a chance to get out of the habit of
licking it quite so strenuously. His stressor will be gone in the
morning so that will help. Calico will be gone. But I'm afraid this
has become an ingrained habit he will need help breaking. So I am open
to suggestions.

Bridget
Old May 14th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Bridget" wrote in message
[...]

Our Sam had an old war wound on his back left leg. Every spring he would
start to chew at the joint and pull out the fur. Every year when it started
we'd take him to the vet and get him a steroid shot and then it would by
just fine until the next year.

Jo

Old May 14th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:

The Stripey Thing has a spot on one of his front legs that is new and I
don't know what to think about it. My first response is that it is
stress. He has licked all the hair off snip

His stressor will be gone in the
morning so that will help. Calico will be gone. But I'm afraid this
has become an ingrained habit he will need help breaking. So I am open
to suggestions.

Bridget

Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for everything to calm down now
that Calico will be gone,
Polonca and Soncek