Chin Acne Q.

Old June 12th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Chin Acne Q.

I remember someone here talking about chin acne. (Was it Vino?)

Anyway, can someone tell me what it looks liike? Bosley has something
weird on his chin. It looked
like dirt stuck in the fur, but after trying to get it off, it's more
like tiny scabs.

He doesn't eat out of a plastic bowl, but his facial structure is so
that he has a very long muzzle and big head, so I'm sure his chin gets
in the food. I scrubbed it all off with a hot soapy cloth, or did the
best I could for as long as he would put up with it. Is there anything
else you can do?

Sherry

Old June 12th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I remember someone here talking about chin acne. (Was it Vino?)

Anyway, can someone tell me what it looks liike? Bosley has something
weird on his chin. It looked
like dirt stuck in the fur, but after trying to get it off, it's more
like tiny scabs.

He doesn't eat out of a plastic bowl, but his facial structure is so
that he has a very long muzzle and big head, so I'm sure his chin gets
in the food. I scrubbed it all off with a hot soapy cloth, or did the
best I could for as long as he would put up with it. Is there anything
else you can do?

Sherry

That sounds like what Nanki-Poo had, which the vet called acne. In his
case, it was from eating out of a plastic dish. The vet gave me some
medicine to put on it. Your vet might also have some suggestions. The dish
issue was all she mentioned to me, but as soon as I said he ate out of a
plastic dish, she assumed that was it, and she was right. If I had said no,
she might have suggested something else.

Joy

Old June 12th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 12, 1:15 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

Joy, do you remember what the vet gave you to put on it? I have some
Panalog and also
the vet-version of Bacitracin. I'm just leery of putting anything so
close to his mouth.

Sherry

Old June 12th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 12, 1:15 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

Sherry Spirit gets it I give it a easy scrub and get all the junk out of
it. Than I put some Vaseline on it to help it heal. He is not happy about
the Vaseline but the medication he is allergic to it is worse on him

Old June 12th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:16:59 -0700, Sherry yodeled:

On Jun 12, 1:15 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

Sherry, you might want to put a little peroxide on a cotton ball, and
wipe down his chin with that a couple of times a week.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 12th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I remember someone here talking about chin acne. (Was it Vino?)

Anyway, can someone tell me what it looks liike? Bosley has something
weird on his chin. It looked
like dirt stuck in the fur, but after trying to get it off, it's more
like tiny scabs.

He doesn't eat out of a plastic bowl, but his facial structure is so
that he has a very long muzzle and big head, so I'm sure his chin gets
in the food. I scrubbed it all off with a hot soapy cloth, or did the
best I could for as long as he would put up with it. Is there anything
else you can do?

Sherry

That's cat acne.

No plastic dishes of course. Keep his food and water containers very clean.
Wipe his chin with a warn damp cloth a couple of times a day.

And heck, I used Neosporin of Molly when she came with chin acne. It healed
right up. I rubbed it in with a very soft clean toothbrush.

Jo

Old June 12th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 12, 1:15 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

It's called Virbac. I can understand your concern.

Joy

Old June 12th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 12, 1:47 pm, Kreisleriana wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:16:59 -0700, Sherry yodeled:

On Jun 12, 1:15 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

Stinky Pictures:http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

That's a good idea. Trace amounts of peroxide wouldn't hurt him, even
if he licked it before it
evaporated. Same with vaseline (thanks Matthew).
Thanks to everybody for the responses. This is weird. Out of 5 cats,
and even the RB ones, we
never had chin acne. And I *do* provide clean bowls, I swear! (I feel
like a parent who's kid
has impetigo or head lice or something)

Sherry

Old June 12th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 12, 1:47 pm, Kreisleriana wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:16:59 -0700, Sherry yodeled:

On Jun 12, 1:15 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

Same here you feel like every parent feels. I find that it is the water
bowls that cause spirits problems. For some reason he taps the water dish
to make the water shake before he drinks but still manages to get a face
full of water. I think it has something to do with him being to young when
I rescued him from the hawk

Old June 12th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 12, 1:47 pm, Kreisleriana wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:16:59 -0700, Sherry yodeled:

On Jun 12, 1:15 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

Also you are very welcome :-)