So what's happening Conan?

Old June 29th 05, 01:14 AM
Mary

"Helen" wrote in message
"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:df43e4823391a83eb19d079e4809186d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
As a UK poster I've been following the Conan saga, and am now completely
confused.

What is happening to Conan, is he being adopted, collected, rehomed or
what?

Helen M

I've come in on the tail end and have absolutely no idea what is going on.
He's a cute little guy and I'm glad he's safe, but I've no idea why he's
been chosen to be saved above all the thousands of other cats in US
shelters. It seems people here have formed an attachment to him but I

still
don't know why.

Helen, just go back and READ the story. It began with a thread called
"Rescue Cat" or something like that. Google Philip's earliest posts, he is
the one who first adopted then abandoned him. Then figure it out for
yourself. You know how factional these groups are. I could tell you why
I think he got saved from almost certain euthanization today, and others
would have another take. It is best to form your own opinion.

Old June 29th 05, 01:28 AM
-L.

Helen wrote:
I've come in on the tail end and have absolutely no idea what is going on.
He's a cute little guy and I'm glad he's safe, but I've no idea why he's
been chosen to be saved above all the thousands of other cats in US
shelters. It seems people here have formed an attachment to him but I still
don't know why.

Helen

Phillip. That's why. They are so much in hatred of Phillip they want
to be "Conan's Savior". Because you see, what Phillip did - returning
a cat to a shelter when he clearly couldn't handle the cat - an action
that the shelter recommends, in fact - is so "EVIL!" That's the only
reason. If they really cared, they'd put as much time, effort and
money into their local shelters, every week of every year. Like many
others on the group do.

-L.

Old June 29th 05, 01:29 AM
biggerbadderbarry

Helen wrote:

I've come in on the tail end Helen

A dude named Philip adopted a cat, and after a bad Lemony Snicket's
episode he took the cat back.

Meanwhile, since this is the pussy club, everyone flamed Philip, I mean
blamed Philip.

They hated Philip so much that it inspired them to rescue the cat.

No-one stepped forward to adopt the cat except for Charlie.

This made everyone happy. Cheryl brought up the idea, "Do we really
know Charlie"... This idea quickly spread throughout the pussy club.
Then a couple of dicks, went and dug up google stuff. (A real
challenge, very reliable, always in context)

They went backwards on Charlie, looked a gift horse in the mouth, and
called each other *******s.

Really, just a typical day in the pussy club.

Old June 29th 05, 01:40 AM
biggerbadderbarry

Diane wrote:
In article .com,
"-L." wrote:

Because you see, what Phillip did - returning
a cat to a shelter when he clearly couldn't handle the cat -

Because the cat had a cold. "Couldn't handle" makes it sound like the
cat was a biter or vicious or hyper.

Let's not rewrite history, please.

It was more than a cold. Bottom line, Philip did an excellent job
forcing nutrients into the cat.

The cat would not be as healthy today if it was not for Philip.

Lets not rewrite history.

Old June 29th 05, 01:45 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 28 Jun 2005 08:10:37p, Helen wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

.
As a UK poster I've been following the Conan saga, and am now
completely confused.

What is happening to Conan, is he being adopted, collected,
rehomed or what?

Helen M

I've come in on the tail end and have absolutely no idea what is
going on. He's a cute little guy and I'm glad he's safe, but
I've no idea why he's been chosen to be saved above all the
thousands of other cats in US shelters. It seems people here
have formed an attachment to him but I still don't know why.

Helen

If only half the effort was made at each local shelter for each
person here who put their sweat and tears into this rescue, many
many cats would be saved. I'm hoping that now that some have felt
how good it feels to see a shelter cat saved (well, half-way saved
now, but out of danger) they will take that good feeling and do
more!

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

Old June 29th 05, 01:48 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 28 Jun 2005 08:29:09p, biggerbadderbarry wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

This made everyone happy. Cheryl brought up the idea, "Do we
really know Charlie"... This idea quickly spread throughout the
pussy club. Then a couple of dicks, went and dug up google
stuff. (A real challenge, very reliable, always in context)

Barry, I have seen *first hand* people adopt a cat I fostered, and
return it *ruined* because of abuse/neglect/stupidity. Not just
once, either. That has a way of making you be careful who the cat is
adopted to.

Old June 29th 05, 01:49 AM
biggerbadderbarry

Cheryl wrote:

If only half the effort was made at each local shelter for each
person here who put their sweat and tears into this rescue, many
many cats would be saved. I'm hoping that now that some have felt
how good it feels to see a shelter cat saved (well, half-way saved
now, but out of danger) they will take that good feeling and do
more!

--
Cheryl

That's twice you and me posted the same idea, un-known to the other.

You know what they say, great minds think alike!

How does it feel being so witty! lol

Old June 29th 05, 01:50 AM
Mary

equalizer wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:16:57 +0000, mlbriggs
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:12:34 +0000, Philip wrote:

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:df43e4823391a83eb19d079e4809186d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
As a UK poster I've been following the Conan saga, and am now

completely
confused.

What is happening to Conan, is he being adopted, collected, rehomed or
what?

Helen M

Well Helen, the short version is this.

If good intentions are the most important, then the whole world is now
safe. The Rescue Minions have tried to marshal their resources to get
Conan out of the shelter ... which may be enough for them.

If JUST getting Conan out of the shelter is the most important, then
nothing has been accomplished. The cat is still there in a cage at the
moment (June 28).

The second step of locating a new home has been complicated by the

"Find
Conan's Made In Heaven Home" crowd.

So really, the whole effort is stuck in committee right now.

Perhaps YOU should tell us again how all this started. MLB

Hmmmmm. Silence.

Is it me or does Philip seem awfully quiet since Conan was sprung?

Old June 29th 05, 02:10 AM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Helen wrote:
[...]

It is so neat. Nobody needs to do anything to *make* you look bad.
All anyone has to do is sit back and watch you do it yourself. I wish
everything
were this easy. *~sigh~*