So what's happening Conan?

Old June 29th 05, 02:10 AM
biggerbadderbarry

Diane wrote:

But it still misses the point. It was not a "handle" situation, as was
implied.

So I repeat: Let's not rewrite history.
--

I hardly think a common cold takes an animal off of it's feet, do you?
The little fella couldn't walk or nothing, he had more than a cold.

Conan was aslo striken by his vaccine. I am no vet, but I said in the
beginning, the cat should not have gotten a vaccine when it did. I am
sure his white cell count was already through the roof with a fever.

The thing that spoke the most to me is when Philip told about the snot
flying in his face...and all over the apartment. Now here is a truck
driver, doing extensive feedings and medications. This appeared to him,
as well as his vet to be more than a cold. The only people who
diagnozed the cat with a cold was this group. That's funny.

In conclusion: Let's not re-write the facts.

Old June 29th 05, 02:10 AM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Helen wrote:
I've come in on the tail end and have absolutely no idea what is going

on.
He's a cute little guy and I'm glad he's safe, but I've no idea why he's
been chosen to be saved above all the thousands of other cats in US
shelters. It seems people here have formed an attachment to him but I

still
don't know why.

Helen

Phillip. That's why. They are so much in hatred of Phillip they want
to be "Conan's Savior". Because you see, what Phillip did - returning
a cat to a shelter when he clearly couldn't handle the cat - an action
that the shelter recommends, in fact - is so "EVIL!" That's the only
reason. If they really cared, they'd put as much time, effort and
money into their local shelters, every week of every year. Like many
others on the group do.

It is so neat. Nobody needs to do anything to *make* you look bad.
All anyone has to do is sit back and watch you do it yourself. I wish
everything
were this easy. *~sigh~*

Old June 29th 05, 02:15 AM
Trish Dunphy

"Mary" wrote in message

equalizer wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:16:57 +0000, mlbriggs
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:12:34 +0000, Philip wrote:

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:df43e4823391a83eb19d079e4809186d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
As a UK poster I've been following the Conan saga, and am now

completely
confused.

What is happening to Conan, is he being adopted, collected, rehomed

or
what?

Helen M

Well Helen, the short version is this.

If good intentions are the most important, then the whole world is

now
safe. The Rescue Minions have tried to marshal their resources to get
Conan out of the shelter ... which may be enough for them.

If JUST getting Conan out of the shelter is the most important,

then
nothing has been accomplished. The cat is still there in a cage at

the
moment (June 28).

The second step of locating a new home has been complicated by the

"Find
Conan's Made In Heaven Home" crowd.

So really, the whole effort is stuck in committee right now.

Perhaps YOU should tell us again how all this started. MLB

Hmmmmm. Silence.

Is it me or does Philip seem awfully quiet since Conan was sprung?

lol he's probably down stalking the shelter to see if it's true!

Old June 29th 05, 02:16 AM
Trish Dunphy

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Helen wrote:
[...]

-L.

And what authority are you to make this statement without viewing our
checkbooks monthly? How do you personally know who does and does not
contribute monthly to their shelter?

Trish

Old June 29th 05, 02:22 AM
-L.

Diane wrote:
In article .com,
"-L." wrote:

Because you see, what Phillip did - returning
a cat to a shelter when he clearly couldn't handle the cat -

Because the cat had a cold.

And wasn't eating and possibly had other things wrong with him- Phillip
didn't know how sick Conan actually was, and based on what his vet told
him, he could have been very sick. He doesn't have the experience to
know it was "just a cold" if, in fact, that's what it really was.

"Couldn't handle" makes it sound like the
cat was a biter or vicious or hyper.

I don't have any control of what you read into my words. The truth is,
Phillip was in over his head with the cat - he had bad medical advice
and did what he thought was best for the cat. He couldn't handle the
situation (yes "the cat") as it was. He returned the cat to the
shelter which is *exactly* what he is supposed based on their own
policy.

Let's not rewrite history, please.

Keep beating this dead horse, Diane. Whip, whip, whip!

-L.

Old June 29th 05, 02:25 AM
-L.

biggerbadderbarry wrote:

I hardly think a common cold takes an animal off of it's feet, do you?
The little fella couldn't walk or nothing, he had more than a cold.

Conan was aslo striken by his vaccine. I am no vet, but I said in the
beginning, the cat should not have gotten a vaccine when it did. I am
sure his white cell count was already through the roof with a fever.

No, he should not have.

The thing that spoke the most to me is when Philip told about the snot
flying in his face...and all over the apartment. Now here is a truck
driver, doing extensive feedings and medications. This appeared to him,
as well as his vet to be more than a cold. The only people who
diagnozed the cat with a cold was this group. That's funny.

No,it's sad.

In conclusion: Let's not re-write the facts.

Thank you. For once, you actually make sense.

-L.

Old June 29th 05, 02:26 AM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Diane wrote:
In article .com,
"-L." wrote:

[...]

LOL!! Yes, indeed. And don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda,
Lyn. Another clue, because I care so much: there are people here who read
all the posts. BEFORE the comment.

If they made "Stupid" a class in the Olympics, you might
be a winner for the first time in your life. Maybe.

Old June 29th 05, 02:32 AM
-L.

Diane wrote:

Of course. I'll let you rewrite the story AND get the last word. Happy
now? For someone who came charging in on the dead horse and said they
didn't read the saga, you sure have some strong opinions about it.

I did read it. I said so. You must have missed that post in all your
humping.

Is this what your moderated list/group will be like? Just curious.

Not unless you're there, sweetie.

-L.

Old June 29th 05, 02:34 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 28 Jun 2005 08:48:28p, Cheryl wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

On Tue 28 Jun 2005 08:29:09p, biggerbadderbarry wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

This made everyone happy. Cheryl brought up the idea, "Do we
really know Charlie"... This idea quickly spread throughout the
pussy club. Then a couple of dicks, went and dug up google
stuff. (A real challenge, very reliable, always in context)

Barry, I have seen *first hand* people adopt a cat I fostered,
and return it *ruined* because of abuse/neglect/stupidity. Not
just once, either. That has a way of making you be careful who
the cat is adopted to.

Now that I think back to my fosterer days, I have to share a story
about my current cats. Cats are so adaptable, but it all depends on
their environment. I live alone, I don't have a noisy house, and
have company only rarely. Week days are spent with just the 5 of
us. Their days are spent with just the 4 of them. Weekends, or the
odd weeknight expose them to people other than me. Bonnie, my
former feral spent her first 2 months in a cage being socialized
because she was too wild to even try to trust me. Think of how
frightening that must have been? I remember being so thrilled when
she jumped on my bed the first time. Jumped on my LAP the first
time. Little Rhett and Scarlett came here at around 8 weeks old.
The bravery they show when I have company who want to meet them
amazes me almost to tears. In my house, all 5 of us might as well
be part of a feral colony due to my work hours, on/off depression
and solitude. When someone comes over that they maybe sense I
trust/like/is a friend, I get teary-eyed watching them one-by-one
come out to investigate, all wide-eyed. Not counting Shamrock, who
loves everyone and fears no one. If you were to add in any amount
of distrust, or discomfort, they would hide under a bed during any
company visit. If you take a cat whose been frightened by being
trapped/transported to a shelter/rescue, then place him/her into a
home that you haven't fully investigated, or even if you did, you
only saw what they wanted you to see, then a month or two later get
*that* call that means it isn't working out and you have to go get
the kitty. If you've been through that, you'd know why I was
worried. Call me whatever names you want to. It won't change what
I believe.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old June 29th 05, 02:36 AM
-L.

Trish Dunphy wrote:

And what authority are you to make this statement without viewing our
checkbooks monthly? How do you personally know who does and does not
contribute monthly to their shelter?

Trish

Honestly, I don't give a **** - they either do or they don't. But
Conan wasn't any more "speshul" than any other cat lingering in the
shelters. All this brou-ha-ha only came about because of Phillip -
and the "rescue club"'s need to vilify him.

-L.