No San Diego Home for Conan

Old July 3rd 05, 01:00 PM
Lorraine

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 01:03:14 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

The gentleman who wanted Conan was told that his home is too small.

Perhaps this would be helpful for those trying to find Conan a home.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...me-20&v=glance
Old July 3rd 05, 02:40 PM
Spot

Exactly how much many square feet do they think a cat and human need to live
together. My god I traveled the country in a 36 foot 5th wheel with my 2
cats & David and I and we all got along fine. We gave the cats the back
bunk the cat litter box was on the floor and they had the two bunk beds.

Celeste

"Mary" wrote in message
The gentleman who wanted Conan was told that his home is too small.

From Monica's emails it is clear that she has nothing to go
on with regard to Conan's behavior except Philip's posts from when he

first
adopted Conan.

So ... this poor boy is still in a cage, in the kennel Dan found.

Congrats, Charlie. It seems you are right, to my great
disappointment.

Old July 3rd 05, 02:50 PM
whitershadeofpale

Spot wrote:
Exactly how much many square feet do they think a cat and human need to live
together. My god I traveled the country in a 36 foot 5th wheel with my 2
cats & David and I and we all got along fine. We gave the cats the back
bunk the cat litter box was on the floor and they had the two bunk beds.

Celeste

Philip said it best, I'll paraphrase his words...

"No home will be good enough, until they get bored with this temporary
sense of having a little power"...

You know what, I'll bet you they end up giving Conan to "anybody",
before this is over with. A bum in the street; or throw him in the
window of a passing car...anything!

hot potatoe!

Slip him into someone's shopping cart at random!

Pay someone to take him!

I'm just sitting back laughing! That cat is teaching more people about
life than we will ever know!

It's not over!

Conan was never meant to have a home, he's not a real cat, he is an
object of "teaching", a "tool if you will"...Philip had no idea!

Now it's Monica's turn.

She'll drag her ass back in here sometime - full of lies and deciet.

That cat has been through 18 newsgroups in the past 12 years!

Conan is God's little teaching tool.

Old July 3rd 05, 03:15 PM
Biskybabe

On 2005-07-02 22:33:27 -0700, Rhonda said:

Oh boy, his home was too small? If it's not too small for a human, I
find it hard to believe it's too small for a cat.

There was an article in the Chron yesterday about a couple who bought
"the smallest house in Santa Clara county." Somewhere around 530 sq
feet, 2 people and 2 cats. The print edition had pictures of said cats,
although the online edition doesn't.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...OGO0DGACI1.DTL

bisky

Old July 3rd 05, 04:23 PM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 01:15:20 -0400, Mary wrote:

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 01:03:14 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

The gentleman who wanted Conan was told that his home is too small.

From Monica's emails it is clear that she has nothing to go on with
regard to Conan's behavior except Philip's posts from when he

first
adopted Conan.

So ... this poor boy is still in a cage, in the kennel Dan found.

Congrats, Charlie. It seems you are right, to my great disappointment.

Why doesn't Monica take him herself, if she is such an infallible and
persnickety judge of what is best for Conan?

Is this what she considers a good protocol for helping the world's
homeless animals? Screwing up someone else's plan to adopt a cat so she
can hold it in a ****en KENNEL waiting for a home that meets her
arbitrary standards???

Charlie

ah, man. I am so sorry. It's just heart breaking. I'll learn one day.

Anybody here ever heard of a "Red Herring"? MLB

Old July 3rd 05, 04:43 PM
Rhonda

Your cats had the two bunk beds -- that is great! I'll bed they loved
that. They probably fought over the top bunk.

Rhonda

Old July 3rd 05, 04:47 PM
Rhonda

That was interesting -- I think people (like cats) are very adaptable to
space. You just make it your home.

Personally, I never want a huge house -- just more to clean and fuss over...

Rhonda

Old July 3rd 05, 05:32 PM
Philip

Gah. I got so confused over exactly what happened with Conan I have no
idea what actually transpired.

But let me get this straight. He was dumped at the shelter by persons
unknown.

False. Conan was picked up by Animal Control as a stray.

Then adopted by Phillip.

Who took him home where Conan was an only / indoor only, cat. The following
day, Conan started sneezing. By the third day Conan was sneezing constantly
along with flegm, a temperature, lethargy, and deminishing appetite. He was
examined by my vet on day three. As symptoms worsened, force feeding became
necessary, along with Amxicillin (100mg, 2x daily) and Lysine (250 mg, 2x
daily). He was reexamined the following weekend and a recommendation was
made. A estimate for about $275 worth of blood panels was one
recommendation before knowing what treatment to follow or ... the
recommendation to return Conan to the shelter vet.

Then dumped back at the shelter.

Since the only way to get the shelter to treat any animal is to relinquish
ownership, I chose to take advantage of the shelter's 14 Day Exchange
Policy. I did this on day 13.

Then rescued by "Monica". Taken to a kennel.

Then adopted to some dude with a small house.

Now he's dumped back at the kennel?

That poor cat. He must be so confused. I really hope he rises above all
that confusion without developing bad personalty issues.

Sherry

This is going from cage to cage tended to by responsible people to hopefully
.... a good home. It is not like he's being beaten, tortured, starved,
drugged, flown around in dark semi pressurized airplane cargo holds, etc.

Old July 3rd 05, 05:57 PM
Mary

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 01:15:20 -0400, Mary wrote:

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 01:03:14 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

The gentleman who wanted Conan was told that his home is too small.

From Monica's emails it is clear that she has nothing to go on with
regard to Conan's behavior except Philip's posts from when he

first
adopted Conan.

So ... this poor boy is still in a cage, in the kennel Dan found.

Congrats, Charlie. It seems you are right, to my great disappointment.

Why doesn't Monica take him herself, if she is such an infallible and
persnickety judge of what is best for Conan?

Is this what she considers a good protocol for helping the world's
homeless animals? Screwing up someone else's plan to adopt a cat so

she
can hold it in a ****en KENNEL waiting for a home that meets her
arbitrary standards???

Charlie

ah, man. I am so sorry. It's just heart breaking. I'll learn one day.

Anybody here ever heard of a "Red Herring"? MLB

Please don't bull**** about something you know nothing about.
I expected better of you.

Old July 3rd 05, 10:29 PM
animzmirot

"Mary" wrote in message
The gentleman who wanted Conan was told that his home is too small.

From Monica's emails it is clear that she has nothing to go
on with regard to Conan's behavior except Philip's posts from when he

first
adopted Conan.

So ... this poor boy is still in a cage, in the kennel Dan found.

Congrats, Charlie. It seems you are right, to my great
disappointment.

Where did this information come from? Was it from the potential adopter? Or
was it from you?

And how do you know that Conan is in a kennel? Who has told you this and
when? I followed your rantings in the other thread and must have missed
Monica's posting that said he's in a kennel. How about a link to that post?

Or, are you projecting what's going on because you are out of the loop and
therefore ****ed off and annoyed that you don't really know anything more
than the rest of us?

Prove what you state, please.