Progress report on Kitty Farmcat

Old October 2nd 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Progress report on Kitty Farmcat

She was diagnosed with CRF a few weeks ago and TED said the best chance
would be if she ate this particular diet all the time.
She loved it at first, but now she doesn't.
I was so paranoid about her not eating anything else that I fed her in the
spare bedroom so she could not eat Boyfie's food. It was a nightmare. If I
shut her in the bedroom she could not get to her litterbox in the bathroom.
If I left the door open Boyfie would sneak upstairs and eat her kidney diet.
Plus she decided she didn't like to be isolated to feed and refused to eat
except in the kitchen near Boyfie which is what she is used to.

I've had to compromise. Boyfie is eating more chicken, turkey and white fish
cat food than he ever has in his life to eat alongside Kitty. I sneak a
pouch of kidney diet in for her as often as I can.
She seems quite well, considering. She's stopped peeing everywhere and uses
her litterbox in the bathroom. Her appetite is still good so I guess we are
on track for the moment.
Talking about the litterbox in the bathroom, I think it was Joyce who said
that her cat peed in her litterbox at the side of her toilet at the same
time that she was sitting on it herself - not the litterbox, the toilet...
Kitty did this too, today! I got up first thing in the morning and she got
up when she heard me and we both had full bladders. Synchronisation took
place.
LOL!

Tweed

Old October 2nd 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

LOL! Maybe that's what Barnabus is looking for when he goes with me into
the bathroom every morning. It doesn't matter where he's sleeping, if
he hears me stirring he knows I'm going to the bathroom and he's waiting
at the door.

I think you're doing a grand job with KittyFarmcat's diet. I've heard
it said here before that it is better that they eat something and have a
good quality of life than refuse to eat and everyone be miserable.
Purrs and hugs to both you and KFC that her health continues to maintain
and you both have many years to share together.

Julie

Old October 2nd 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

[...]

SUgar has taken to doing this. I can be assured of watching her relieve
herself while I am similarly occupied at least twice a day.

Old October 2nd 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I'm glad Kitty's doing well, purrs for her to have a few years yet.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old October 3rd 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

I've had to compromise. Boyfie is eating more chicken, turkey and white fish
cat food than he ever has in his life to eat alongside Kitty. I sneak a
pouch of kidney diet in for her as often as I can.

Would the kidney diet hurt Boyfie? If not, maybe you could just feed
them both on that. Or would that be way too expensive?

Talking about the litterbox in the bathroom, I think it was Joyce who said
that her cat peed in her litterbox at the side of her toilet at the same
time that she was sitting on it herself - not the litterbox, the toilet...

That was me. Smudge will sometimes come running in to pee if she hears
me peeing. Roxy has also done it occasionally. It's a little bonding moment
for human and kitty.

Joyce
Old October 3rd 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Christina Websell" wrote:
I've had to compromise. Boyfie is eating more chicken, turkey and white fish
cat food than he ever has in his life to eat alongside Kitty. I sneak a
pouch of kidney diet in for her as often as I can.
She seems quite well, considering. She's stopped peeing everywhere and uses
her litterbox in the bathroom. Her appetite is still good so I guess we are
on track for the moment.

I'm glad that Kitty is still healthy and doing well. And Boyfriend is
such a good henchman.

Old October 3rd 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

I think that's a good food compromise. It's better for her to eat
something at all. And not stressing her out about it has got to be
helpful. I'm so glad to hear that things are going well so far.
LOL about the synchronized peeing. Vino's litterbox is in the laundry
room which is on the far side of the house from our bedroom with ensuite
bathroom. But Vino still gets up with me when I go to pee in the night
and winds himself around my legs. Then he gets back into bed. But I
wonder if he would pee if he had a litterbox in there. I doubt I'll
ever find out, it's a very small bathroom and there is absolutely no
room for a litterbox.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old October 3rd 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

badwilson wrote:
I think that's a good food compromise. It's better for her to eat
something at all. And not stressing her out about it has got to be
helpful. I'm so glad to hear that things are going well so far.
LOL about the synchronized peeing. Vino's litterbox is in the laundry
room which is on the far side of the house from our bedroom with ensuite
bathroom. But Vino still gets up with me when I go to pee in the night
and winds himself around my legs. Then he gets back into bed. But I
wonder if he would pee if he had a litterbox in there. I doubt I'll
ever find out, it's a very small bathroom and there is absolutely no
room for a litterbox.

Urination in unison! When I kept a box in the bathroom,
Luthien was exactly the same....she would get right in there
as soon as I did and we would make beaoootiful music
together!!

--tension

Chief Justicat election: progress report #2 Sundance Cat community 12 August 26th 06 05:33 AM
Chief Justicat election: progress report Anti Sandy Cat community 2 August 21st 06 12:03 AM
I am so proud of Kitty Farmcat Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 24 August 18th 06 07:55 PM
Luck Kitty Rescue xxxxx Cats - misc 0 December 26th 04 10:02 PM
The Stray Kitty. (VERY LONG) Flippy Cat anecdotes 24 November 9th 03 10:48 PM