At the wedwink

Old October 31st 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat

Default At the wedwink

[It is early in the morning on October 27, 2007. The Final Calling of
Names has just echoed across the courtyard of the Palace of Minos at
Knossos on the island of Crete. Many kitties are gathered, remembering
the loved ones who have gone on ahead. If one listens really, really
carefully you can barely hear the meows of those departed kitties
watching over the proceedings. The Rainbow Bridge kitties (and other
creatures) like a good winking as much as the kitties of this world.

The edge of the rising sun can barely be seen above the tops of the
walls surrounding the courtyard. Directly in front of the assembled
kitties is a low stage with a curved back wall. A set of stairs climbs
from courtyard level to stage level at the front left corner, and
another at the front right corner. Along the back of the stage is a row
of marble columns, arranged in an arc. In front of each columns is a
short table, with an incense burner upon each table. The light of the
rising sun has not yet touched the stage.

Cleo whispers in the ears of O.T. and Scooter Dog, and the young kitty
and older dog nod in assent. At a signal from Cleo they approach the
stage, OT on the left and Scooter on the right. Each of them reach into
an alcove and remove a burning candle, then carefully and slowly carries
it up the nearest set of stairs. They walk along the row of tables,
lighting the incense burners. The two friends meet at the middle table,
blow out their candles, and leave the stage together. They then return
to the cushions where they had been sitting before. As they take their
seats the sounds of wooden flutes begins to echo softly across the
courtyard, the direction of their origin unclear.

The incense burners begin to emit large clouds of fragrant smoke. It
becomes obvious that there is a gentle breeze blowing across the back of
the stage, as the smoke begins to writhe and move. In moments the
columns of smoke take on the appearance of phantom cats. The phantom
cats, made of nothing save smoke, dance a sinuous, exotic dance. The
creatures of smoke drift around and through each other, swaying in time
with the music of the flutes. The smoke-cats exhibit tremendous
acrobatic skills, leaping over each other and sliding each other. As the
dance progresses, it becomes ever more energetic. The dancers also move
closer and closer to the front edge of the stage. Finally, when the
smoke-cats are at the very edge of the stage, their dancing has reached
a frenetic level.

The rays of the sun finally clear the last remaining hurdle and cast
their light upon the floor of the stage. As the sunlight strikes the
smoke-cats, a sound as of crashing distant cymbals echoes off the walls
of the courtyard, the music of the wooden flutes stops, and the
smoke-cats disappear into random clouds of smoke. The smoke sinks to the
floor of the stage, then slides off the stage onto the grounds of the
courtyard, surrounding the assembled kitties and guests with their
fragrance.

When the smoke finally clears, the only presence on the stage is a
dignified silver-furred girlcat wearing a black toga with silver clasps,
a silver diadem upon her head. Cleo walks to the front of the stage and
nods her head, and from the far edge of the courtyard come the sounds of
a very old organ playing Wagner's Lohengrin. She nods her head again
upon her signal a procession of boy-kitties climbs the right-hand set of
steps. Chester, followed by Sundance, Sammy, and Roscoe, all looking
magnificent in their orangeness, walk in step to center stage. As the
boy kitties adjust their positions the organist begins playing
Meldelssohn's Wedding March.

As the first notes of the Wedding March sound, a beautiful girlcat
appears at the back of the courtyard. Stormee leads off the procession,
followed by Anais and Pit2nya. Finally, behind her bridesmaids, Lucy
begins her final walk as single girlcat. The girlcat procession moves
down the courtyard's central aisle, all eyes upon them. From up on the
stage, all of the boycats smile appreciatively at the vision of
loveliness moving towards them. Lucy's best friends meow to her and
reach out to touch her paws as she walks past. Many kitty eyes are
tearful at the lovely sight.

The girlcat procession approach the left-hand set of steps, the
bridesmaid kitties pause at the bottom of the steps, allow Lucy to
ascend the stairs first. They then follow her to their places.]
Old October 31st 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat

Kitties, doggies, and other distinguished guests, welcome to this joyous
gathering. We have just celebrated the memories of our Community members
recently left for the Rainbow Bridge. It is now time for us to join the
lovely Lucy and handsome Chester in the celebration of their bewinking.

Lucy and Chester have enjoyed each other's company, and they have
decided that they wish to formalize their relationship, telling the
entire world that they belong to each other. The institution of
bewinking, like the human ceremony of marriage, establishes the special
relationship shared by two kitties in which they set themselves asides
for their partner. Unlike the human institution, though, we are not able
in most cases to actually live all the time in the same house. During
our home times we spend time with our own humans, but spend as much time
as we can with our bewinking mate whenever we are are able to.
[Cleo glances at TV, giving him a happy, loving smile]

These two kitties have chosen to recite their own vows to each other,
describing the degree of their commitment to each other. Lucy, are you
ready to read your vows to Chester?
Old November 1st 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_2_]

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:12:02 -0500, Her Royal Highness Cleopatra
Cleocat's nimble, little paws typed:

gennle snippy

As the first notes of the Wedding March sound, a beautiful girlcat
appears at the back of the courtyard. Stormee leads off the procession,
followed by Anais and Pit2nya. Finally, behind her bridesmaids, Lucy
begins her final walk as single girlcat. The girlcat procession moves
down the courtyard's central aisle, all eyes upon them. From up on the
stage, all of the boycats smile appreciatively at the vision of
loveliness moving towards them. Lucy's best friends meow to her and
reach out to touch her paws as she walks past. Many kitty eyes are
tearful at the lovely sight.

The girlcat procession approach the left-hand set of steps, the
bridesmaid kitties pause at the bottom of the steps, allow Lucy to
ascend the stairs first. They then follow her to their places.]

From the procession Anaïs (remembering their own winking) catches
Tiger's eye and smiles, then blows him a kiss....
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
10/31/2007 8:09:43 PM
Old November 1st 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats[_2_]

On Oct 31, 6:41 pm, Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat
wrote:

These two kitties have chosen to recite their own vows to each other,
describing the degree of their commitment to each other. Lucy, are you
ready to read your vows to Chester?

"Yess, I am!"

Lucy clears her throat and smiles shyly at Chester.

"I, Lucy, chooz you, Chester, to be mine best frend and my luff for
life. I luff yur constant friendship. You haf shown me what true luff
is and made my dreams come tru. I prommis to tenderly care fur you, to
luff you and to support you, and I prommis to always be ther fur you.
I will giff you strength to pursew yur dreems. You will neffur be
alone, Chester. My hart will always be yurs."

Old November 1st 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Chester stares in stunned silence at the ladyct befur him, he is in awe of
the words she has spoken and for a couple of mintes just can't speak
ups.com...

Old November 1st 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Tiger smilez at hizown wifekitty, remfurin da happiezt day of hizown life
anna iz prowd she lookz juzt az bootiful aza day he meeted her...
Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote in message
[...]

From the procession Anaïs (remembering their own winking) catches

Old November 1st 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

after he composes hizsef chester beginsta speak...

dearest loferli luci... a mancat only haz nine lifez... i used da firzt oe
wif hoomanz dat i hafint telled mine current hoomanz abowt, I uzed da sekund
life gettin owtta da death cageplaze anna to the gud kage plaze, now i iz
uzin da third one devotin minesef to deze kurrint hoomanz... dat meanz i haz
six lifez left... I purmize dat 1 will be devoted ta makin you sekure, 1
will be devoted to doin citin stuff wif yoursef, 1 will be devoted ta makein
yoursef laff... 1 will be devotedta gettin uses gud fudz, 1 will be
devotedta findin uses da bezt nappin plazes, anna 1 willz be devoted ta
payin attinshun to your moztezt bootifullezt self...

Chester falls silent and then just stands there beclawz he feelz that
nomatter whut he sayz it wuldint be eliqwint enuf fur the visin of
loveliness in furn of him... then...

I will allatime lofe yoursef anna do whutefur i kan to see dat you iz gifen
da bezt nine lifez you kan haf.

Old November 1st 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

[...]

Pit2nya takes out a dainty wite layce hanky and wipes a tear

Oh, dat wuz soo b-u-t-ful, an sooo moovink!

Da whole serrymonee wuz juzt purrrrfikt!

She luukz akrozz at Sundance an smilez, den wypez hur eyez uhgen

--
Pitô.ônya

Old November 1st 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
CatTayls/Little Kitty

Little Kitty thinks to herownself:

I hav to pick thuh rite moment after thuh ceremonee to go to thuh side
fur thuh presentayshun of thuh frieze. I hope efurrybuddy iz reddy.

Mme. Ana s ^..^ wrote in messagenews:15poes7o5fjpm$.5lbfmcgo0d0v.dlg@40tude .net...

[...]

From the procession Ana s (remembering their own winking) catches
Tiger's eye and smiles, then blows him a kiss....
--
Purrs,

Mme. Ana s
10/31/2007 8:09:43 PM- Hide quoted text -

Old November 1st 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat[_2_]

[Cleo sniffs back a sniffle and discretely wipes a tear from her eye]

Very touching and very loving vows, both of you.

Kitties, doggies, other honored guests, we have heard Lucy and Chester
speak of the love they hold for each other and of their intentions to
honor, cherish, and protect each other.

[Cleo takes Chester and Lucy's paws in her own]

Lucy, Chester, in accordance with the honored traditions of this Community
and in the presence of these, your R.P.C.C family and friends, I do hereby
pronounce you winked!

[Cleo nods again, and O.T. and Scooter dog again come forward. This time
they approach the center of the front edge of the stage, from the
courtyard level. When they reach the edge of the stage they tug on a
hidden release lever, and a middle set of stairs silently glides into
place. This middle set of stairs leads from the stage directly behind
Chester and Lucy down to the courtyard.]

Friends and family, may I present - Lucy and Chester, bewinked!

[With this announcement, the organist begins playing Mendelssohn's Wedding
March. Lucy and Chester, paw in paw, descend the stairs together and walk
the long aisle along the center of the courtyard. They proceed to a spot
near the guest book signing table, with their friend cats meowing loud
concatulations. Local resident kitties, sitting along the tops of the
surrounding walls, meow their concatulations as well.

Just behind the bride and groom is Little Kitty's new mural. The mural is
currently covered with a white satin sheet. As Lucy and Chester arrive at
the mural, Little Kitty kisses Lucy's paw, shakes Chester's paw, makes a
little bow, and whisks the sheet off her her mural. What appears to the
eyes of the crowd is an exquisite work of art. Chiseled into the marble
walls are images of Lucy and Chester, with some of the local cats, the
local buildings, and friends from RPCC. The images of Lucy and Chester
exactly show their fur colors and textures. The overall effect is
awe-inspiring.

As Lucy and Chester stand spell-bound, the guests begin arriving to
concatulate the new couple.]