"stay away"

Old January 4th 05, 12:57 AM
Jean Hobbs

Do you have to shout "FREEZE" AS WELL. Jean.P.
Jo Firey wrote in message
We just leave a fly swatter out where they can see it. Also works to keep
the dogs from barking. (No you don't hit them. You hit near them to get
their attention)

Jo

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
I love cats, but on the counter is a Really Bad Thing. Just waving this
around should do the trick, without ever having to use it:

http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...1SS&category=P
istol

Cats will understand.

"ken" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone have esperience with a sensor-device called STAY AWAY? If a
cat jumps on a table or counter, the sensor sets off a noise and a
blast of air?
Does it work and if so, where can you buy it?

Thanks

Ken

Old January 4th 05, 02:17 AM
Tanada

Doug Kanter wrote:

Oh Pam....that's why you don't chamber a round until you're ready to use it.
You need thumbs to pull the slide back, silly! :-) If you're convinced Pine
Cone might use it, I think he/she should take a basic handgun safety course
first. That's just common sense. Your veterinarian probably has info on
these things.

chuckle

I'll call him first thing tomorrow. Knowing PC, I wouldn't put anything
past the little stinker.

Pam S. wondering how much feline pistol safety classes are going to cost

Old January 4th 05, 02:58 AM
Gary Stone

I'd just like to know how to avoid a paw in my eye socket every morning.
Uhmmm! maybe train her to use a spray bottle instead. Then I could wake up
showered and refreshed.

Stone

Stone
"Barb" wrote in message
o.verio.net...
I don't know if it's the same as what I just ordered, 'pet trainer". It
will sound an alarm whenever my kitten gets up on the glass table. That's
the one place I don't want the cats and the rest of them know that. I'm
keeping my fingers crossed!

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old January 4th 05, 03:09 AM
Doug Kanter

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...

Doug Kanter wrote:

I love cats, but on the counter is a Really Bad Thing. Just waving this
around should do the trick, without ever having to use it:
http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol

Cats will understand.

Isn't this gulps a little extreme? Even for you, Doug? I'm afraid
Pine Cone would take it away and use it on me.

Pam S. gulping again

Oh Pam....that's why you don't chamber a round until you're ready to use
it. You need thumbs to pull the slide back, silly! :-) If you're
convinced Pine Cone might use it, I think he/she should take a basic
handgun safety course first. That's just common sense. Your veterinarian
probably has info on these things.

chuckle

You remind me of a picture that was making the rounds, a few months ago of
a kitten "aiming" a pistol out the window at a dog! I no longer have the
URL, but it's hysterical!

Did you ever see the Far Side version of that? A dark sedan is filled with
cats in Prohibition-era gangster hats, with machine guns sticking out the
window. The car's speeding away from the scene: A dog house riddled with
bullet holes. Priceless! :-)

Old January 4th 05, 03:11 AM
Doug Kanter

We used to use an empty soda can with a few coins in it. Toss it onto the
counter at the appropriate times. After a few go-arounds, all we had to do
was shake the can.

Old January 4th 05, 11:43 AM
Jean Hobbs

that's like someone I knew who used to keep a slipper handy when the kids
played up she never used it but said it served very well asa deterent,
Jean.P.

Old January 5th 05, 09:07 PM
Tanada

Doug Kanter wrote:

The NFRA (National Feline Rifle Association) usually charges nothing for
youth classes. How old is PC? Even the adult courses are cheap.

PC is 4 1/2 years old. I suspect that he'd really enjoy using a pistol,
so I'd better get in contact with them right away before he takes
matters into his own paws.

Pam S.

Old January 5th 05, 10:19 PM
Doug Kanter

"Tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
Doug Kanter wrote:

The NFRA (National Feline Rifle Association) usually charges nothing for
youth classes. How old is PC? Even the adult courses are cheap.

PC is 4 1/2 years old. I suspect that he'd really enjoy using a pistol,
so I'd better get in contact with them right away before he takes matters
into his own paws.

Pam S.

If he promises to assassinate a dog whenever possible, I'll chip in for a
case of ammunition.

"stay away" ken Cat health & behaviour 42 July 10th 05 10:48 AM
"stay away" ken Cat anecdotes 38 January 10th 05 10:37 PM
How long kittens stay with Mom Priscilla Ballou Cat health & behaviour 6 January 4th 05 07:11 PM
stay away ken Cat health & behaviour 1 December 17th 04 01:53 AM
Cat doesn't want to stay indoors Miner At The Dial-A-View Cat health & behaviour 66 September 27th 03 04:30 AM